We already know that she acts and dresses a certain way so as to draw attention away from her. I realize she has do to whatever she can to dodge the paparazzi. I get that part. While I do believe it's a tactic that has worked for her, lately I’ve noticed more and more that her way of dressing/attending fans has carried over to who she is as a performer on stage.

Off stage, she is just another person among everyone else. If she does not care to style her hair, or wear flattering outfits, it’s none of my business. My concern is, Britney out and about vs Britney the popstar have become one and the same. I remember being able to make a distinction between the two a few years back. But as of late, we are given little to no personal touches from her as an artist. At least, none that feel sincere.

Yet we still idolize her. We dream of a day she goes into character and sticks to the plot throughout the whole performance. The day that she actually talks to her audience during her shows. GUYS I don’t mean the same old 3 lines she’s delivered for the past 10 years. It seems to me the fans have been shoved into the same room as the media. A cold dark place with no promo, energy, or charisma. Lately, it's like she’s pushing US away too… (i.e., the meet and greet horror stories).

If nothing else, I want Britney to own it. Be fierce and look FLAWLESS, at least when she’s on stage. We’re all in the same army here, how do you feel about it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I really feel the c-ship ruined her passion because before she would have lots of ideas and be excited in the creative process but now that her decisions have to go through several people to get approved, it kinda sucks the fun out of everything and not to mention all her team are old people so they don’t get her or where she is going with the ideas and so they second guess everything and nitpick everything because they are thinking of them from a business standpoint and if it’s profitable (she has a village to feed) so I can see why she gives no f**ks cuz why bother. At least when she was with Jive they were able to meet halfway but I don’t feel like it’s the same now. Everyone just see her as dollar signs and so I would throw in the towel and do the bare minimum as possible to please everyone because honestly no matter how hard she works or effort she puts in, she’ll only see a third of that paycheck once everybody takes their cut.

I was literally just thinking about her m&gs and it makes me sad that apart from the odd pleasant experience, it's normally just a photo and you move on. I get that most m&gs with artists are quite short and you say goodbye but at least other singers bother to ask your name and make conversation with you, however short that may be. When I had mine, she only looked at me as I entered the room and the only words she said were "enjoy the show". I messed up my photo and said to the photographer "I moved too soon. Can we please do it again?" and we were allowed to retake it but Brit just didn't react. She maintained the pose and as I thanked her and left, she still didn't bother to look at me or even say goodbye. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she wasn't like "you idiot, now we have to do it again" but there was just no emotion there. Everything was so rehearsed. I totally get that she has to meet hundreds/thousands of fans and okay, if it were me I'd be exhaused too. I don't expect her to be wonderwoman but I did feel kinda crappy that she barely spoke/engaged with me. I know it wasn't me because others I spoke to said it was over quick and she barely said anything and while I'm happy with my photo, part of me will always be a bit disappointed that I never properly "met" Britney. I know some people call it a photo opportunity but to me that is just a m&g. I know we all speculate on her anxiety and things like that and don't get me wrong, for all her success, she's been treated like crap by a lot of people but the fans are the people she should want to engage with. It might sound harsh when I'm here saying these things but I personally can tolerate the dancing and even the lip syncing (although 1 or 2 live songs would be nice) but when you realise that even offstage, she still can't be herself around people, it's disappointing for us in terms of getting a subpar m&g but also knowing that she's still not comfortable around people because we do want her to be happy. It just bugs me that she seems so confident when she's promoting or performing but we barely ever get to see what she's really thinking or feeling. It sucks that we have to come on here to know how to have a "good" m&g because there shouldn't really be any bad ones. I definitely have sympathy for Britney because of everything she's been through and if it was me, I'd probably feel lonely or hurt too. I just think that it's annoying to pay so much to meet her and have her only say 3 words while she's just waiting to get all of the m&gs over with. I understand why people say she should cancel them if she doesn't like doing them but when you can basically meet most singers today, it really would suck not to have the chance to meet someone like Britney. Again though, as cool as the photo is, I just remember her being distant during my experience and it's bittersweet in the sense that I met her but it was so impersonal. I'm not deluded. I know she won't be my best friend but I just wanted to be acknowledged and I barely felt as though I was. I'd love to meet her again because she is my favourite singer and if money was no issue, it'd be fine but I'm not sure I'd want to pay up to £700 for a repeat. And yes, I know that is "cheap" for a megastar like Britney, especially when folks who see her in Vegas have to pay $2500 but it's still a hell of a lot of money. I just wish I could understand why she's okay on certain days and does nice poses with fans but then other days, it's a case of "I'd rather be anywhere else". If it genuinely was anxiety, I could understand she'd feel shy or nervous but a lot of the time, I just feel like she doesn't care and I know I sound ridiculously passive aggressive but I honestly believe that everything that's happened after 2007 has made her that way and for that, I can't blame her for how she feels but again, it sucks for us fans. If everyone treated each other with respect, we'd all be better off and a lot happier.

1 hour ago, Don'tTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

If everyone treated each other with respect, we'd all be better off and a lot happier.

I can imagine how frustrated you still must feel, and no one should shame because you are unhappy with your experience. I noticed you justify yourself often when you write. It’s tough not offending anyone when you are being honest. 

Since you were so honest with your story I’ll share one of mine. I met Britney at a concert she held at Walt Disney World in 1999 for the Disney channel (I was 5). I remember everything, the tiny room under the stage, what she was wearing, the sparkles in her hair. It was about 30 mins to the concert and she already had the mic attached to her ear. I was one of the last to greet her, as my aunt walked me towards her, the first thing I noticed was she had a huge smile on her face. She waved at me as I got closer, bent down, said hello and gave me a hug. Then, she signed my BOMT CD that I still have framed today. I’m sure she would have said more had I spoken, but I was shy and nervous so all I did was hug her back. 

As you can see, my M&G experience is a lot different from yours because the person you and I met are different people with the same name. I know I’m very lucky to have met Britney at such an exciting time in her life. Though I’ve had the opportunity to greet her again later in life, I can’t do it. I know I won’t be able to see her so estranged. But I am optimistic that someday things will make more sense in Britney World. She’s still young enough. There's plenty out there for her to grow and learn from, just as you and me. She’ll be Britney again, when she’s ready. 

6 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I really feel the c-ship ruined her passion because before she would have lots of ideas and be excited in the creative process but now that her decisions have to go through several people to get approved, it kinda sucks the fun out of everything and not to mention all her team are old people so they don’t get her or where she is going with the ideas and so they second guess everything and nitpick everything because they are thinking of them from a business standpoint and if it’s profitable (she has a village to feed) so I can see why she gives no f**ks cuz why bother. At least when she was with Jive they were able to meet halfway but I don’t feel like it’s the same now. Everyone just see her as dollar signs and so I would throw in the towel and do the bare minimum as possible to please everyone because honestly no matter how hard she works or effort she puts in, she’ll only see a third of that paycheck once everybody takes their cut.

The conservatorship has nothing to do with her career

4 hours ago, Don'tTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I was literally just thinking about her m&gs and it makes me sad that apart from the odd pleasant experience, it's normally just a photo and you move on. I get that most m&gs with artists are quite short and you say goodbye but at least other singers bother to ask your name and make conversation with you, however short that may be. When I had mine, she only looked at me as I entered the room and the only words she said were "enjoy the show". I messed up my photo and said to the photographer "I moved too soon. Can we please do it again?" and we were allowed to retake it but Brit just didn't react. She maintained the pose and as I thanked her and left, she still didn't bother to look at me or even say goodbye. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she wasn't like "you idiot, now we have to do it again" but there was just no emotion there. Everything was so rehearsed. I totally get that she has to meet hundreds/thousands of fans and okay, if it were me I'd be exhaused too. I don't expect her to be wonderwoman but I did feel kinda crappy that she barely spoke/engaged with me. I know it wasn't me because others I spoke to said it was over quick and she barely said anything and while I'm happy with my photo, part of me will always be a bit disappointed that I never properly "met" Britney. I know some people call it a photo opportunity but to me that is just a m&g. I know we all speculate on her anxiety and things like that and don't get me wrong, for all her success, she's been treated like crap by a lot of people but the fans are the people she should want to engage with. It might sound harsh when I'm here saying these things but I personally can tolerate the dancing and even the lip syncing (although 1 or 2 live songs would be nice) but when you realise that even offstage, she still can't be herself around people, it's disappointing for us in terms of getting a subpar m&g but also knowing that she's still not comfortable around people because we do want her to be happy. It just bugs me that she seems so confident when she's promoting or performing but we barely ever get to see what she's really thinking or feeling. It sucks that we have to come on here to know how to have a "good" m&g because there shouldn't really be any bad ones. I definitely have sympathy for Britney because of everything she's been through and if it was me, I'd probably feel lonely or hurt too. I just think that it's annoying to pay so much to meet her and have her only say 3 words while she's just waiting to get all of the m&gs over with. I understand why people say she should cancel them if she doesn't like doing them but when you can basically meet most singers today, it really would suck not to have the chance to meet someone like Britney. Again though, as cool as the photo is, I just remember her being distant during my experience and it's bittersweet in the sense that I met her but it was so impersonal. I'm not deluded. I know she won't be my best friend but I just wanted to be acknowledged and I barely felt as though I was. I'd love to meet her again because she is my favourite singer and if money was no issue, it'd be fine but I'm not sure I'd want to pay up to £700 for a repeat. And yes, I know that is "cheap" for a megastar like Britney, especially when folks who see her in Vegas have to pay $2500 but it's still a hell of a lot of money. I just wish I could understand why she's okay on certain days and does nice poses with fans but then other days, it's a case of "I'd rather be anywhere else". If it genuinely was anxiety, I could understand she'd feel shy or nervous but a lot of the time, I just feel like she doesn't care and I know I sound ridiculously passive aggressive but I honestly believe that everything that's happened after 2007 has made her that way and for that, I can't blame her for how she feels but again, it sucks for us fans. If everyone treated each other with respect, we'd all be better off and a lot happier.

Why are you expecting a personal connection?

She s there to take pics with paying fans

She s not there to be your friend or share her personal business with strangers

7 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Why are you expecting a personal connection?

She s there to take pics with paying fans

She s not there to be your friend or share her personal business with strangers

No one is expecting her to be their friend but she's not even socially functional. She doesn't have the bare minimum education to even greet the people, she doesn't look them in the eyes. If it's too much for her to say "Hi, nice to meet you. What's your name? *take picture*, enjoy the show, sweetie!" then stop doing the M&Gs. Period.

I still think she's an amazing role model. She doesn't think of herself as immortal or a god. She's humble, fun, healthy, family oriented and got her life together after it seemed like she was wasting her life away around 2007. It's very hard to recover. Very, very difficult. Substance abuse and toxic relationships of all forms sets you back a lot. 

Her health is more important. 

No, I think she's just changed.

More than the conservatorship, I think it's motherhood what changed her. Her concept of what's cool or not has definitely changed, for worse. Her concept of sexiness too, her sense of rhythm, dancing, not to mention the makeup, costumes and hairdos. Even if the conservatorship ended today, that wouldn't change anything, at least career-wise, or in terms of her image choices, because she just already changed.

Look at that rehearsal video on her Instagram, she's passionately teaching the new dancers the S&S moves, but look at THOSE moves, they're just silly moves that "Primeney" would never do, but that's just the way she thinks nowadays. As funny as it would be :hehehe: I don't think she's evilly planning to be this, sort of character, to piss her fans off and shoo them away.

• Super Mods
12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

No, I think she's just changed.

More than the conservatorship, I think it's motherhood what changed her. Her concept of what's cool or not has definitely changed, for worse. Her concept of sexiness too, her sense of rhythm, dancing, not to mention the makeup, costumes and hairdos. Even if the conservatorship ended today, that wouldn't change anything, at least career-wise, or in terms of her image choices, because she just already changed.

Look at that rehearsal video on her Instagram, she's passionately teaching the new dancers the S&S moves, but look at THOSE moves, they're just silly moves that "Primeney" would never do, but that's just the way she thinks nowadays. As funny as it would be :hehehe: I don't think she's evilly planning to be this, sort of character, to piss her fans off and shoo them away.

I have to disagree, she got down and dirty for the original make me video ( and no, I don’t believe she axed it because it was too explicit. She must have been under hypnosis or something while shooting if that were the case) she’s an artist and is willing to play out a character and in the end it’s just a character, not really her. She even said that her boys understand that it’s just a job. I think it’s still in her but she is being cautious and just playing it safe for the c-ship. 

3 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I have to disagree, she got down and dirty for the original make me video ( and no, I don’t believe she axed it because it was too explicit. She must have been under hypnosis or something while shooting if that were the case) she’s an artist and is willing to play out a character and in the end it’s just a character, not really her. She even said that her boys understand that it’s just a job. I think it’s still in her but she is being cautious and just playing it safe for the c-ship. 

But the OP is assuming Britney wears horrible clothes so the paparazzi lose interest in her, and comparing that to what she does onstage, "to push US away too". I get why the concepts for MM or Perfume would get axed, not so much because of the conservatorship itself but because of what the judge might think of her and her job, but that doesn't stop her from being onstage wearing next to nothing, and I absolutely doubt that she wears those ugly outfits onstage or the panda eyes, or the messy buns/ponytails or that she does those nervous tics to piss us off and push us away. She's just become awkward and embarrassed and the opposite of being full of herself.

Even the tragic M&G stories from the summer tour aren't a valid point to me. That was just a very unfortunate time for her and everyone that bought those M&Gs, but I actually don't think she cares enough about us to plot all these evil plans to make us stop being her fans, that's just silly. Wasn't there even a date where she was like crying or something while doing the M&G's and at the end made everyone start the line again to retake the picture because they were all bad? What kind of strategy is that?

• Super Mods
18 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But the OP is assuming Britney wears horrible clothes so the paparazzi lose interest in her, and comparing that to what she does onstage, "to push US away too". I get why the concepts for MM or Perfume would get axed, not so much because of the conservatorship itself but because of what the judge might think of her and her job, but that doesn't stop her from being onstage wearing next to nothing, and I absolutely doubt that she wears those ugly outfits onstage or the panda eyes, or the messy buns/ponytails or that she does those nervous tics to piss us off and push us away. She's just become awkward and embarrassed and the opposite of being full of herself.

Even the tragic M&G stories from the summer tour aren't a valid point to me. That was just a very unfortunate time for her and everyone that bought those M&Gs, but I actually don't think she cares enough about us to plot all these evil plans to make us stop being her fans, that's just silly. Wasn't there even a date where she was like crying or something while doing the M&G's and at the end made everyone start the line again to retake the picture because they were all bad? What kind of strategy is that?

Yeah I agree on that, she means well. I think she has a lot of unresolved issues that they didn’t bother to take care of and probably just hook her up on a lot of ***** to keep her going. I mean she didn’t even have a full year to recover yet they threw her into recording circus and going on tour.    So those issues manifest into something else. The reason I say this because I have suffered from anxiety like extreme anxiety and depression and I didn’t realize that it’s why I have scoliosis. It took a lot of reflection and analyzing myself to get halfway better so looking at her case, it doesn’t seem like she had the time, either they keep her busy, send her on vacation or she’s busy being a mom. It just seems like their logic is “oh she’s walking and talking so she’s back to normal.” I think that’s why she was mad at Larry back then when they told her to go to rehab so she can just recover quickly and get back to work like all the celebs do. I really do believe that’s the case. Didn’t she muttered daddy issues during the Mario Lopez interview? 

2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah I agree on that, she means well. I think she has a lot of unresolved issues that they didn’t bother to take care of and probably just hook her up on a lot of ***** to keep her going. I mean she didn’t even have a full year to recover yet they threw her into recording circus and going on tour.    So those issues manifest into something else. The reason I say this because I have suffered from anxiety like extreme anxiety and depression and I didn’t realize that it’s why I have scoliosis. It took a lot of reflection and analyzing myself to get halfway better so looking at her case, it doesn’t seem like she had the time, either they keep her busy, send her on vacation or she’s busy being a mom. It just seems like their logic is “oh she’s walking and talking so she’s back to normal.” I think that’s why she was mad at Larry back then when they told her to go to rehab so she can just recover quickly and get back to work like all the celebs do. I really do believe that’s the case. Didn’t she muttered daddy issues during the Mario Lopez interview? 

I agree with you see has unresolved issues and they are festering. 

Where I differ is Britney herself seems to be the one against treatment besides medication which is probably mandatory to see her kids. I think she wants to believe nothing is wrong with her and ignore therefore solidifying herself in a lifetime cship. 

Look at how Amanda Bynes talks about her problems and seems to be at ease with herself to Britney. It’s astonishing. 

Archived