2 hours ago, f**knfurter said:

Don't take offense, the bot you're speaking to there thinks that anyone but them and Britney herself has no say in suggestions towards Britney's career for thread purposes. But just wait until it makes a lyric thread that's utterly pointless or has some great idea of what would be cool for Britney to do.

They can't make her do anything she doesn't want to do

I'm sure her employees are not making moves without the person that pays their salaries

Remember that Vegas is her choice

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

They can't make her do anything she doesn't want to do

I'm sure her employees are not making moves without the person that pays their salaries

Remember that Vegas is her choice

No one is saying they're trying to force her into anything, though. Everyone knows the threads will be ignored by Britney and her team, or that they just don't bother with Exhell anyway.

And no one suggested Vegas wasn't her choice. We know. That still isn't going to make me think she shouldn't have taken a real break after 2007. I absolutely think she should've.

10 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I see what you’re saying but I have to disagree. She’s needs time for herself, away from the stage, to re-energize and focus on her health. That’s my opinion based on what I’ve seen and read over the years. These are hypotheticals here... no one outside her inner circle knows enough of the truth to determine what is right for her. 

If anxiety is really the main cause for her lack of delivery in front of an audience despite doing well in rehearsals, then I don't think taking a long break is going to help her at all. It's just going to build up her nerves even more and make it scarier for her to go back on stage. As someone who suffers from severe anxiety that effects my daily life, not pushing myself makes things worse because it's easy to get comfortable when you're hidden away... and then the thought of doing anything else is terrifying.

Also, isn't she FORCED to see doctors and stuff about her mental health? Isn't that part of the c-ship?

15 hours ago, Complication said:

If anxiety is really the main cause for her lack of delivery in front of an audience despite doing well in rehearsals, then I don't think taking a long break is going to help her at all. It's just going to build up her nerves even more and make it scarier for her to go back on stage. As someone who suffers from severe anxiety that effects my daily life, not pushing myself makes things worse because it's easy to get comfortable when you're hidden away... and then the thought of doing anything else is terrifying.

Also, isn't she FORCED to see doctors and stuff about her mental health? Isn't that part of the c-ship?

I try not to speak much on her medical details, because I just don't know them. It would be so much easier to understand if we did (not that we have any right to her personal affairs). It could be Anxiety, it could not. The problem is whatever she does suffer from is affecting the way she shines on stage. For all we know, she plainly just does not care to push herself when she is live (this is what I struggle with most). I mean, isn't that what makes her standout from all the others? Her technique, confidence and theatricality, the way she was able to convey a story to her audience? 

Personally, I would rather see her happy and healthy, even if it meant she would never perform again (as terrifying as that sounds). But I only speak for me when I say this. In regards to Britney constantly pushing herself, it might work for you, but video evidence from her performances over the years suggest that it does not work for her. Hypothetically speaking, if she was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2008 (that would in turn impact her performances) wouldn't she have progressively gotten better following the Circus tour? It's not like she ever stopped performing after that.

Britney has gone from Circus Tour '09-10, Femme Fatale Tour '11, X-Factor '12 (LIVE TV, large audience present even though technically she never performed... I wonder why...), then Piece of Me '13-18 (including the tour). You might not agree, but I would say she has regressed - A LOT. And yet, every blue moon, we get tiny glimpses of what she is capable of (e.g., BBMAS, 'Something To Talk About' sung completely LIVE on POM, and of course rehearsal footage). That's what makes it NOT OKAY for her to half-*** her shows because she's just not "feeling it" on any particular night. When she's making millions while some of us, who have stuck around and rooted for her success since the very beginning, are scrounging for pennies to get a glimpse of a beloved artist who does not deliver on the show she is selling. 

• Super Mods
On 12/6/2018 at 7:57 AM, Cappycorn87 said:

Oh great another thinking they know what's best for Britney 

You're one to talk since you seem to act like you're some insider knowing what's going on behind closed doors all the time. 

11 hours ago, BritneyRebellion said:

She needs to be on the correct level of meds, not the extra high dosage her team puts her on so they can control her.

Then ITZNEY will return and everybody will live happily ever after....

:bedtime:

That's such a dark accusation...

But unfortunately, considering how the past 10 years has played out, it rings so true. :britannoyed:

On 12/6/2018 at 11:06 PM, Mystic Womaney said:

Ive always wondered. Why is it that Robert Downey junior had far bigger **** addictions and was given a second trust and trusted he was clean and not having any kind of legal conservatorship to ensure this. Yet britney was never even proven to have taken ***** and is under legal supervisoon that claim they have got her away from ***** in exchange for her dolla?

what in saying is, first of all, the industry is ******. Secondly, RDJ came back and worked out of choice. Britney hasn’t because we deem her more insane or having a worse time than he when he actually had an addiction. Britney was hounded by the media and used as a product by US who wanted to see more and everyone around her and not much has changed.

she genuinely is a slave for you. You being everyone. 

I want her to rest. I want her to prove she’s not unwell because I think everyone reminding her always that she is and saying she has to be and that’s why these people have to be paid to control her. Probably condition her to major confusion when she isn’t as bad as everyone says for her money.

i think she’s so unhappy and I want her to be happy and I want her to be free.

Britney is mentally unwell rdj just took *****. Not the same at all. Britney is more akin to Amanda Byrnes. Downey is more like Demi Lovato who is being coddled by the media.

• Super Mods
On 12/6/2018 at 1:32 PM, NostalgiaAct said:

I think that in fact she needed a longer break after her breakdown. The Circus era was so rushed and her team was so desperate to clean her slate, but as Britney herself said in FTR, they didn’t really listen to her. I mean, who knows... maybe being back in the spotlight wasn’t what she wanted (or needed) at that time in order to heal. Britney was done already back in 2004 tbh :janet:

They should have left her alone, going through therapy in order to proper be ready to get back on the limelight. No wonder FFney was so off during that era. She was probably fighting with demons she hadn’t deal properly back in 2008.

As for now, I do think she needs time to reconnect with herself, seek inspiration, travel and find the artist in herself (ofc considering that she actually wants to continue to do this). Deep down I think she’s been milked by her team and that’s why she halfasses everything these days. Always a rebel :mcorangu:

I’m glad I’m not the only one that think this, I get called out on here for thinking ridiculous things and being delusional and everyone is convinced she just doesn’t care. I mean it’s sketchy when even Jamie said to Larry that shouldn’t an album be the last thing we think of? 

I never felt she fully recovered, that’s why she acts out or looks disinterested. It seems she has a lot of underlying issues that needs to be resolved but like nobody is really concerned about it, all they care is get her well enough that she can work. 

Also I really do believe they play up her mental state so they can convince the judge to put her in a c-ship and wasn’t it needed so she can tour? Every motivation is dollar signs but not her well being. I do think she probably does have some sort of mental disorder like a lot of artists but not enough that she needs to be put in a c-ship. I mean it’s a gods gift to them cuz before Britney would fight back or rebel and here she HAS to oblige or if not, their call overwrites hers. 

On 12/6/2018 at 10:44 AM, Mr. Rogers said:

She doesn’t feel she has something to prove. 

I mean, she’s literally said this.  Personally, I think she does enjoy singing and dancing and isn’t being “forced” to do anything, but she doesn’t give a **** about improving as a performer or furthering her craft, like her peers and other veteran artists do.  She seems happy making music here and there and doing the bare minimum on stage.  Her motivation to be the best is long gone, and has been for the last 10+ years.  Also, her team is very money-driven, so they don’t care that she’s damaging her legacy as long as she keeps raking in the cash.  Nothing will change unless her brand starts bombing completely, and that ain’t happening anytime soon since, at the very least, she still has her billion-dollar fragrance empire and a Vegas show that will do fine once it opens and casual fans and tourists check it out.

I agree with @PokemonSpears that a break won’t fix anything.  You’re assuming that she’ll take a nice, long break and come back refreshed and focused and ready to slay, when past history has shown the exact opposite. 

And this might get me dragged, but I feel like the conservatorship is basically a non-entity to her at this point and probably isn’t affecting her personal life that much, if at all, anymore.  She has her kids, and she has Sam, and those are obviously the most important things to her.  I’m sure she wants the conservatorship to end, but I doubt she stresses about it as much as fans think she does.  

Anyway... I didn’t mean to go off like that.  Did I even address the point of the thread?  :makeitrain:  I know I went on some tangents.  :yesokay:

5 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

I mean, she’s literally said this.  Personally, I think she does enjoy singing and dancing and isn’t being “forced” to do anything, but she doesn’t give a **** about improving as a performer or furthering her craft, like her peers and other veteran artists do.  She seems happy making music here and there and doing the bare minimum on stage.  Her motivation to be the best is long gone, and has been for the last 10+ years.  Also, her team is very money-driven, so they don’t care that she’s damaging her legacy as long as she keeps raking in the cash.  Nothing will change unless her brand starts bombing completely, and that ain’t happening anytime soon since, at the very least, she still has her billion-dollar fragrance empire and a Vegas show that will do fine once it opens and casual fans and tourists check it out.

I agree with @PokemonSpears that a break won’t fix anything.  You’re assuming that she’ll take a nice, long break and come back refreshed and focused and ready to slay, when past history has shown the exact opposite. 

And this might get me dragged, but I feel like the conservatorship is basically a non-entity to her at this point and probably isn’t affecting her personal life that much, if at all, anymore.  She has her kids, and she has Sam, and those are obviously the most important things to her.  I’m sure she wants the conservatorship to end, but I doubt she stresses about it as much as fans think she does.  

Anyway... I didn’t mean to go off like that.  Did I even address the point of the thread?  :makeitrain:  I know I went on some tangents.  :yesokay:

Actually, I agree with a lot of what you’ve just said. I also addressed the topic (about her never taking the proper amount of time to rest) a little more in depth on another reply in this thread. But the part I disagree with you the strongest is the c-ship not affecting her personal life. I think, we all love Brit so much that it’s too hard process the reality of what happened to her. I also think people forget or maybe don’t fully understand the law.

At the top of 2008, Britney was sent to a Psychiatric Ward, harnested to a bed. Placed on a 5150. In the US, for that to happen to anyone there has to be serious health implications. What’s more a doctor, or several doctors, declared her too mentally incapacitated to care for herself. Then came the c-ship. Within that, the law took away her rights as a person due to an undisclosed “mental disorder”. Rights that she still doesn’t have 10 years later. Do you realize c-ships are mostly placed on old people who have brain diseases such as Dementia? Britney was 25 at the time. Please research on this, if you don’t believe me. 

I refuse to believe Brit’s future can only be more of what currently is. I can’t do it. If indeed she ever remarried under the c-ship, by law, her husband would become yet another conservator. I know that one day, the c-ship will no longer control her life. I can’t let go of that thought. I pray to it. Brit will have control again. Only then will things be very different. But to regain her freedom, she’ll have to be declared healthy (or healthy enough) and stable to make her own decisions. Right now, I don’t think she is. 

6 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

Pretty much true.  The success of her fragrances don't even depend on her being relevant.

As for her Vegas show, you're right.  She is a brand.  An extremely valuable and profitable brand.  She always has been. Why would they stop?  

But the least the people around her can do is put up clips of rehearsals. 

OP I agree with your sentiments and frustrations, but not your solution.

Britney doesn't need a break, she needs to change her belief system. She believes that she's earned the right to phone it in, to half *** it, to starve her fans of any connection, to be a diva, to lipsync 100% of the time, to stop making music, to NOT CARE basically.

Until she starts taking her career seriously, and believing that she's going to lose all her cash cows fans, then no amount of breaks are going to make the slightest bit of difference. She needs to get some fire basically.

Archived