EDITED: As a devoted Britney fan, I’ve exhausted all my options trying to figure out what could possibly revive her passion for performing live.  

At first I thought she simply can't move the same anymore but, rehearsal footage proves otherwise. Then I blamed the choreo for being too easy, but the steps don't have to be hard to be entertaining. Looking at today's mainstream pop stars, none of them move like Britney did in her prime. Perhaps the truth, simply put, is Britney's had her fill. She earned her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame by the time she was 21! She was also declared 'Woman of the Year' around the same time. Not feeling like she has something to prove, there's no drive anymore. She's already seen and experienced more than any one of us could imagine. 

Add 20 years, children, and a c-ship (disallowing her to legally make her own decisions) on top of the burnout, it's not hard to understand how things won't ever be the same.

My takeaway is; Britney should take a breather. A real one. She deserves the time to fully devote herself to tackling her mental illness(s), and caring for her family. Should she want to, venture in other areas of the industry that are exciting to her. Anything that does not involve performing in front of a live audience. All while taking her time to write honest music that actually means something to her. Become inspired all over again and (when she's ready) give us something worth waiting for.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Literally anything that is not performing in front of an audience. She could really take her time to write honest music that actually means something to her. Become inspired all over again. 

I wouldn't mind if she continued to perform if she OVERHAULED her choreogrpahy, costumes, styling and added FRESH pre-recorded vocals at least every week during her show is on.

What Britney and/or her team don't get is that social media really did change everything, allowing everyone to watch every single performance.  If she/her team don't like the scrutiny then take a break.

We all know the real reason for all of this has something to do with her kids.  For instance, I'm assuming she can't just go back to live in Louisiana since their father resides in California for one thing. Maybe her father/team uses her kids as leverage etc...

I don't think she needs more breaks than what she has had since the residency(ies) started. What I mean is, she could take a 20 years break, and that won't change a thing, if she really isn't targeting her issues, whatever they are. And I think that self-examination or en examination made by an expert, could be perfectly done with her either being active in her career or not.

If no one tells her, lets her know that she needs to step up her game, that she needs to relax, that she needs to take dance classes again (I mean, who would dare to tell her such a thing?) no break is gonna do anything for her, her passion or her performing skills.

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think she needs more breaks than what she has had since the residency(ies) started. What I mean is, she could take a 20 years break, and that won't change a thing, if she really isn't targeting her issues, whatever they are. And I think that self-examination or en examination made by an expert, could be perfectly done with her either being active in her career or not.

If no one tells her, lets her know that she needs to step up her game, that she needs to relax, that she needs to take dance classes again (I mean, who would dare to tell her such a thing?) no break is gonna do anything for her, her passion or her performing skills.

I see what you’re saying but I have to disagree. She’s needs time for herself, away from the stage, to re-energize and focus on her health. That’s my opinion based on what I’ve seen and read over the years. These are hypotheticals here... no one outside her inner circle knows enough of the truth to determine what is right for her. 

I've noticed over the years that Britney works great with a schedule. She has said multiple times that she is happy doing a Vegas residency because it's a consistent schedule for herself, her children's school/activities, etc. Regardless of what people think, I do think she does honestly enjoy the creative aspect of what she does. Making music, creating dance routines, etc. I just think she's in a more relaxed state of mind now a days and she no longer cares to be at the top of the charts or slaying an awards show. She feels like she's been there, done that, and she does slay when she has to, look at Billboard Awards in 2016, that's easily one of her greatest performances in her career. Anyway, I think she's happy putting out music every so often, going to Vegas to do her round of shows, then going home to be with her boys and family. 

I don't think she needs a long break like you're saying, because every time she takes time off she says she gets really board and anxious and itches to go back in the recording studio or dance studio. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I see what you’re saying but I have to disagree. She’s needs time for herself, away from the stage, to re-energize and focus on her health. That’s my opinion based on what I’ve seen and read over the years. These are hypotheticals here... no one outside her inner circle knows enough of the truth to determine what is right for her. 

Idk, I understand, it's just I think she needed that time back in 2008, but at this point in her life, I think she's changed so much, she's sort of adapted, like I don't even think SHE thinks there's something to "heal" or repair anymore. That's why I think no amount of time will be enough for her to change anything, because I doubt she believes there's something wrong with her or her career (but as you say, we don't know what's happening in her daily life).

Whether it's because of the judge, the conservatorship, or she's been brain-washed, she's convinced, she HAS to keep doing this "job" so everything remains fine, but she'll do it under her own terms (no promo, no interviews, no pressure to release albums or singles, the residency, no tours, performing however she wants to, etc). 

3 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Maybe you didn’t notice the “devoted fan” part. I buy the songs and all the other merchandise. It’s my right to comment if I’m not happy with the delivery. 

You can comment on what you want, but the reality is that you are wasting your time (and ours) with meaningless topics.

Britney is about to start over with a new residency, which we don't know how long it will last. Probably another 5 years, and you have to face it. It could be a success or a disaster. See you in February.

35 minutes ago, Exemi said:

You can comment on what you want, but the reality is that you are wasting your time (and ours) with meaningless topics.

Britney is about to start over with a new residency, which we don't know how long it will last. Probably another 5 years, and you have to face it. It could be a success or a disaster. See you in February.

That’s awesome you have such a strong opinion. So do I. And hey, I hope the show is spectacular. But know this, whether it is or isn’t, I’ll be here with something to say about it.

she should have had a longer break after her breakdown generally. too bad her team could care less about her well being. and before y'all say they said it's best for her bc it's therapy (lmao we've seen how good her career was for her during her breakdown) britney herself said that her team is not listening to her. i'm just shocked that they let her air all these confessions that paint them in a bad light.

What break?
She had 7 months off and after that she worked for only 2 months and that's it.

5 years of residency u say?
She worked 10 days in a month every year.
She worked 2 out of 24 hours in a day.

The word u are looking for is "lazy" and "overdone".
She is having 6 months additional break right now.

The new show will help her tho because everything is NEW!
She gets inspired to do new stuff and it's HER idea for it to be more urban (like she wanted the Circus album to be).
But honestly..don't expect anything big from her on the starting dates because she will probably have forgotten what it's like to be on stage and it will take her awhile to grow into the dance routines.
Just be ready for a bad start..I am sure it will get better tho!

On 12/6/2018 at 2:23 PM, PokemonSpears said:

Idk, I understand, it's just I think she needed that time back in 2008, but at this point in her life, I think she's changed so much, she's sort of adapted, like I don't even think SHE thinks there's something to "heal" or repair anymore. That's why I think no amount of time will be enough for her to change anything, because I doubt she believes there's something wrong with her or her career (but as you say, we don't know what's happening in her daily life).

Whether it's because of the judge, the conservatorship, or she's been brain-washed, she's convinced, she HAS to keep doing this "job" so everything remains fine, but she'll do it under her own terms (no promo, no interviews, no pressure to release albums or singles, the residency, no tours, performing however she wants to, etc). 

I just want to give her a little more credit than that. For instance, deep down I envision her healthy enough to no longer need a conservator. She would regain primary custody of her kids. Then, she’d be free to reconnect with herself as a person who can legally make her own decisions, and be brave enough to experiment as an artist again. But out of passion, not obligation. That’s what I wish for when I look back at old Britney videos. 

I think that in fact she needed a longer break after her breakdown. The Circus era was so rushed and her team was so desperate to clean her slate, but as Britney herself said in FTR, they didn’t really listen to her. I mean, who knows... maybe being back in the spotlight wasn’t what she wanted (or needed) at that time in order to heal. Britney was done already back in 2004 tbh :janet:

They should have left her alone, going through therapy in order to proper be ready to get back on the limelight. No wonder FFney was so off during that era. She was probably fighting with demons she hadn’t deal properly back in 2008.

As for now, I do think she needs time to reconnect with herself, seek inspiration, travel and find the artist in herself (ofc considering that she actually wants to continue to do this). Deep down I think she’s been milked by her team and that’s why she halfasses everything these days. Always a rebel :mcorangu:

Ive always wondered. Why is it that Robert Downey junior had far bigger **** addictions and was given a second trust and trusted he was clean and not having any kind of legal conservatorship to ensure this. Yet britney was never even proven to have taken ***** and is under legal supervisoon that claim they have got her away from ***** in exchange for her dolla?

what in saying is, first of all, the industry is ******. Secondly, RDJ came back and worked out of choice. Britney hasn’t because we deem her more insane or having a worse time than he when he actually had an addiction. Britney was hounded by the media and used as a product by US who wanted to see more and everyone around her and not much has changed.

she genuinely is a slave for you. You being everyone. 

I want her to rest. I want her to prove she’s not unwell because I think everyone reminding her always that she is and saying she has to be and that’s why these people have to be paid to control her. Probably condition her to major confusion when she isn’t as bad as everyone says for her money.

i think she’s so unhappy and I want her to be happy and I want her to be free.

8 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Maybe you didn’t notice the “devoted fan” part. I buy the songs and all the other merchandise. It’s my right to comment if I’m not happy with the delivery. 

Don't take offense, the bot you're speaking to there thinks that anyone but them and Britney herself has no say in suggestions towards Britney's career for thread purposes. But just wait until it makes a lyric thread that's utterly pointless or has some great idea of what would be cool for Britney to do.

Archived