“Circus” 10th anniversary

Miss_R

Well that means it's been 10 years since becoming a fan! Yes you can probably tell my age from this post :orangu: but Circus was the first Britney album I listened to, so I have a lot of memories of it. It's not her best album by any means but it's got some great songs on it (the title track, Kill the Lights, Shattered Glass, UNUSUAL YOU!!! Blur is also really underrated) and Womanizer was the perfect lead single! Too bad I never went to the tour :crying2: but I became a fully fledged Britney fan by the time Femme Fatale came around and I went to see her on that tour! 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Goku said:

Yeah, they tried to use costumes and props inspired by Circus but the real theme was basically about the GP paid to watch an animal in prison, struggling with herself.

This video resumes the Circus Tour.

:meltdown:

Wow, wonderful album, era, and memories.

I remember calling my local radio station and requesting Womanizer and they laughed at me and said the song sucks and so does Britney and her career is over. I was soooo glad Womanizer went onto to sell 3 million copies, went to #1 on the Hot 100 AND Pop Songs charts, and became one of her career and one of the biggest hits of 2008.

I saw the Circus Tour twice in 2009 and she looked amazing. People don't understand that YouTube doesn't do the show justice. Britney looks so amazing in person, a beautiful real life barbie doll. Also, she sang Everytime and You Oughta Know 100% live, you could hear her vocals when you are actually in the arena. 

2 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Wow, wonderful album, era, and memories.

I remember calling my local radio station and requesting Womanizer and they laughed at me and said the song sucks and so does Britney and her career is over. I was soooo glad Womanizer went onto to sell 3 million copies, went to #1 on the Hot 100 AND Pop Songs charts, and became one of her career and one of the biggest hits of 2008.

I saw the Circus Tour twice in 2009 and she looked amazing. People don't understand that YouTube doesn't do the show justice. Britney looks so amazing in person, a beautiful real life barbie doll. Also, she sang Everytime and You Oughta Know 100% live, you could hear her vocals when you are actually in the arena. 

Your radio station said that?? What asshats. Wow.

I am so incredibly proud of this era. I do admit I was kind of thrown off by some of it. But honestly, looking back, her team did a great job at marketing her comeback. 

When I heard Womanizer play on my local radio station, I remember them saying, it was their first time playing it, and the excitement in their voices and me freaking out in the car was something I can't forget. I had the shivers. "Superstar, where ya from how's it going" killed me immediately.

2 minutes ago, dran said:

I am so incredibly proud of this era. I do admit I was kind of thrown off by some of it. But honestly, looking back, her team did a great job at marketing her comeback. 

When I heard Womanizer play on my local radio station, I remember them saying, it was their first time playing it, and the excitement in their voices and me freaking out in the car was something I can't forget. I had the shivers. "Superstar, where ya from how's it going" killed me immediately.

:crying4:

My sis and I were in our room with the radio on, I don’t remember how we knew to expect it, we were waiting for Womanizer. When it finally came on, we both got so excited and emotional! I had been waiting for that moment since Chaotic era, when Britney would triumphantly return to top 40. The song instantly hooked me. When the video aired on 20/20, my bestie and I were at my house anxiously waiting. It was glorious. I’ll never forget the way I felt with the opening scene of Britney in the sauna, glistening and curvy. Gorgeous. That was the Britney I grew up mesmerized with. That was the Britney I sorely missed, the one I looked up to during my hard adolescent years. It was the light at the end of the tunnel, after those turbulent tough years. My god, Britney is amazing.

:crying3:

10 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

I remember this is the time I became a full stan. I was 17 years old and was old enough to understand her a little better and follow her more closely.

Circus tour was the first time I saw her live (went to the show in Orlando on 9/2/09) and it was sooo much fun. I was belting out the words to every song w my best friends the entire night.

I remember thinking her dancing wasn’t as precise and stellar as before but still being amazed by her star power. She had a walk and a swag during the Circus tour that was really captivating.

I used to live in Orlando! I loved Circus too. Looking back, there isn’t a dance moment that I like to revisit. There’s usually at least a couple of those moments in her shows, like the BTI breakdown in POM/POM 2.0. 

1 hour ago, Khoazie said:

I used to live in Orlando! I loved Circus too. Looking back, there isn’t a dance moment that I like to revisit. There’s usually at least a couple of those moments in her shows, like the BTI breakdown in POM/POM 2.0. 

I used to love the Radar dance actually. I always thought she got so into it! Also I loved the Toxic and BOMT (penguin dance) breakdowns! 

I was raised north of Orlando! I live in South Florida now.

I think circus was a great album for a comeback. Is it her best?... No! But it accomplished what needed to. Now the tour was AMAZING! I went twice and I absolutely love it. It was over the top and even though there wasn’t much dancing per primeney standards, it was very entertaining and the set list was iconic! Even if Gimme more and Break the ice wouldn’t get a performance until much later. 

Unusual you is still one of her best tracks and all the singles slayed. Yes, even Radar. 

I feel a lot of us took this era for granted and how much promotion we got. We focused so much of the old Britney that it made us appreciate less what we had at thanksgiving point.

? ?? 

Archived