Exhale Reacts: Britney Says It's Challenging To Find The Time To Record New Music

Jordan Miller

1 hour ago, Knox said:

WE are also only a fraction of sales for her perfumes. 

Yeah, this forum does not need any posts promoting her fragrances because her fragrance sales hardly depend on her music fans. 

In fact the vast, vast majority of purchasers of her fragrances do not care about her music or even her at all. 

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Well I don’t think Britney really has a marketing person on her team...like a legit one. It seems like team Britney wears multiple hats and that’s the problem. Back then Britney had a country ( I mean her glam squad is already a village)looking after every single thing in her career which is why she always had the best of everything.

Yes, when you look at some of the teams she worked with in prior vh1 specials, if she had teams like that today she would look great 100% all the time with her current face.

1 hour ago, Knox said:

WE(the die hard fans) do not matter anymore in the grand scheme of things.  

Fans can only hope she has greater ambitions as a performer.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What?
Her fragrances dont sell as they used to, she isn't that relevant anymore.
The "selling a perfume per min" was 10 years ago.
Touring makes her money, that's why she is concentrated mainly on that.

I get that she should promote the perfume more in these holidays but she could've released something BEFORE that.
She had the PERFECT opportunity to release the Pitbull collab while she was touring with Pitbull.
She didn't.
(they probably want to wait after Pitbull releases the song with Selena so they could get the advantage of the attention that is brought to him thanks to Selena)

Her last song peaked at 86# because SHE DIDNT PROMOTE ANYTHING.
THEY LOST THEIR HYPE THE MOMENT THEY RELEASED THE MM M/V, EVEN THO THEY WERE BUILDING IT FOR GOOD 3 YEARS.

9 hours ago, December02 said:

it's Christmas season so she would be foolish not to promote her brand new fragrance.

well did she promote her album when it drop? no. she promoted her half assing vegas show instead.

she sells out residency shows

just got her 2nd residency show and already struggling to sale ticket

we let her most recent single peak at the groundbreaking position of #86 on the BBH100

WE? WE LET IT FLOP? wrong timing to drop glory, scrapped make me, a f**king colab with tinasha? zero promo. If vegas is amazing I wouldn't be mad if she promote it instead but it's literally a pain to watch, and nobody knows glory exist. yea clearly it's our fault that she's flopping.

If she wants to sell perfumes then go and do it. Don't release an album if you're not gonna promote it, don't charge serious coins for a show then do yoga on stage.

This is bad news.

I want to stay optimistic but the more I look at this new residency, the more I can see the meltdowns figuring on the horizon...

They shouldn't have rushed Domination like that.

After the last PoM legs and tour fiasco, Britney and her team should come back with a spectacular show including a brand new, critically acclaimed album about which everybody would talk to prove haters wrong and build the hype!

And Britney should be seen everywhere, doing a lot of promotional stuff for this new album and residency because she should be very excited and passionate about it.

Instead, we have an exhausted pop star who couldn't care less about a project which has evidently nothing to do with her. She's absolutely not at it.

They have to stop pushing her like that. And it is more and more obvious to the public eye that she is nothing more than a money machine now. It's all a recycled illusion of what she used to be.

Britney needs a real break so bad. Domination is gonna end up catastrophic...

I'm sad for her. 

Larry better get Myah on the phone :whatitellu:

She can sing her vocals over the phone rather than paying for her to travel to the studio :jj:

And when fans claim the new vocals aren't Britney, Larry will say, "The vocals have been edited in the studio so the voice may not sound like Britney, but also Britney's getting older so her vocals are bound to be different to when she was 16." 

What about the difference between 2016 and 2019 though, Larry? WHAT THE HELL? :badthoughts:

So... music is basically a hobby to her now? I'm sooo tired of her omfg

As far as we know she literally does NOTHING on a daily basis. A lot of parents around the world work their ***** off to take care of their children, and all she has to do is sing because a lot of her songs are given to her. She could do it in a studio in her own house, but she doesn't give a ****.

Thank god I've moved on to stan other artists who take their job seriously.

22 hours ago, Plaidatlo said:

Guys, chill. She’s teasing. It’s the game they’re playing to make it more anticipating. Just to create real hype when it’s time to release new material.

Even while she was promoting Glory she said she’s already back in the recording studio, and since then it was mentioned by Britney herself that she’s been recording and she will release new stuff when it’s time ,when she’s ready for it.

I gotta feeling new album is having final touches.

You just have to wait and see.

Listen was she says “New music is always in my mind”

God I wish you are right! 

Can you imagine a surprise album dropping for Christmas à la Beyoncé?!? 

EVERYBODY would flip! 

This is the kind of optimistic message we, Britney stans, definitely need to read in this difficult times... 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Blaghy said:

This is bad news.

I want to stay optimistic but the more I look at this new residency, the more I can see the meltdowns figuring on the horizon...

They shouldn't have rushed Domination like that.

After the last PoM legs and tour fiasco, Britney and her team should come back with a spectacular show including a brand new, critically acclaimed album about which everybody would talk to prove haters wrong and build the hype!

And Britney should be seen everywhere, doing a lot of promotional stuff for this new album and residency because she should be very excited and passionate about it.

Instead, we have an exhausted pop star who couldn't care less about a project which has evidently nothing to do with her. She's absolutely not at it.

They have to stop pushing her like that. And it is more and more obvious to the public eye that she is nothing more than a money machine now. It's all a recycled illusion of what she used to be.

Britney needs a real break so bad. Domination is gonna end up catastrophic...

I'm sad for her. 

Yeah I remember I said I wanted Britney to take a break after POM ended... I mean she is taking one now I guess but I didn't think Domination would start so soon. 

6 hours ago, Soni said:

What?
Her fragrances dont sell as they used to, she isn't that relevant anymore.
The "selling a perfume per min" was 10 years ago.
Touring makes her money, that's why she is concentrated mainly on that.

I disagree.

I'd say her newer releases don't sell like they used to, as is the case with most perfume houses in general.  The exec at Revlon said in that August profile that fragrances like Fantasy continue to have strong global sales.  Something like Fantasy doesn't depend on her relevance like her newer releases do.

She still has to get several hundred thousand dollars a month in royalties from that.  How that is divided by managers I don't know but the fact that her fragrances are still heavily promoted means they still sell and make her lots of money.

But the other thing that damaged her brand badly is her image.  Because Vegas became so important to her team they didn't even care about her face.  If she used top of the line stylists/makeup/skin consistently she would never look like the way she did at recent events.  She can do little else beside Vegas and perfumes at this point because her image is not as recognizable among other things, since we know she doesn't give much interviews at all.

Archived