Britney Blind - Domination Sales

MyQueenBritney

3 hours ago, Leon said:

I found this comment more interesting:

Britney who? Oh yeah--the chick with the HOTTEST gay back up dancers! I used to bang one of em a few years ago. He said they only speak or see her during practice. She's quite stand offish. He ALSO said she's not as gay friendly as her fans think. She was forced to make herself appealing to the gay community because managers and record execs knew we'd buy her music.

Well duh 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sutramaya said:

Not surprised tho

2 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

My thoughts exactly 

Well to be fair the Onyx Hotel Tour didn't look exploitative of the gay community.

And, even though she is a woman, she has said less about feminism/sexism than about the gay community over the years.

4 hours ago, zxcvb said:

I was looking at these top rated comments on Reddit Vegas talking about that NYPost article and they do make lots of sense:

"Theater is double the size. Most tickets for shows on the strip don’t sell this far in advance. She’ll be fine. NY Post knows nothing."

"Yeah, I found this article super weird. Months out and they expect her to be some level of sold out? ... Christmas is coming, Budgets dont roll until Jan 1, bonuses arent landing until Q1 anyway -- there's a lot of money and gifts coming peoples way between Feb and now. I think if anyone is gonna worry for her, it should be closer to mid January."

"Ok ...turns out we were both a bit off, park theater capacity is 5,200 and Zappos theater residency capacity is 4,600 (source wiki). Point remains the show doesn’t start for a long time and most people don’t buy show tickets in Vegas til the week/day of. No need to ever get worked up about a sensationalistic New York post headline."

The reason for the negative attention is because was a cheap shot comparing shows from new Vegas headliners to a previous Vegas headliner. (And probably the fact that Britney isn't as relevant as before so there isn't a lot to talk about so people will turn focus to this)

That said, I think people/fans just have issues with Britney and her team doing the 'bare minimum' in a lot of areas, which could include promotion.  But technically speaking, her show will do fine.  

Fans just have to hope that Britney gives superior effort with a little bit of live singing (ballads etc...), pre-recorded tracks to all of her songs when not singing the few songs live, and superior choreography.   

Perhaps her team should release clips of the new things she is working on the show to get people at least more interested.

This is what I been saying throughout the threads in that residencies do not sell like a tour.

Most folks will start buying January and close to Showtime.

Britney and her team already got it figured out how to build excitement and will do it at the right time

They are the professionals who been doing this for years and most of you are not

30 minutes ago, Mystic Womaney said:

If that’s true about how she doesn’t actually like gay people I think my heart may burst...I loved how she appeared to accept everyone. I refuse to believe she doesn’t. 

Of course she likes gay people; I think I read that she's done lots of positive things that aren't public.

But in terms of her music career, we know Larry Rudolph and music execs have done lots of questionable things.

4 hours ago, Leon said:

Britney who? Oh yeah--the chick with the HOTTEST gay back up dancers! I used to bang one of em a few years ago. He said they only speak or see her during practice. She's quite stand offish. He ALSO said she's not as gay friendly as her fans think. She was forced to make herself appealing to the gay community because managers and record execs knew we'd buy her music.

Whenever something comes up about her residency and her lack of professionalism I drag her, I'm not very proud of it but I do because I hate how lazy she's become. But this comment seems, I won't say fake, but questionable.

So how does a gay backup dancer knows that she's not that gay-friendly? In my opinion, Work ***** was a very stereotyped approach to the gay community but I don't think she has anything against the gays. She's proven herself many times and though she's very lazy and sometimes clumsy, she tends to not miss the opportunity to prove that she loves the lgbt. :yaknow:

Now to see that someone is not gay-friendly you must have heard stuff or seen a hostile action against a gay dancer, or someone else, and why would the gay dancers stick with her, I know you need a check to survive, but it seems like a stretch and total fiction. Apart from the fact maybe this person was hooking up with her dancer. :beylaugh:

3 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

And are some of you really questioning how Britney feels towards the gays considering most of her male dancers are gay, she's in an industry filled with gays

I don't think she dislikes gay people, I just think she probably doesn't care as much as they try to make it seem. 

Which is fine with me, in fact I like it that way. I don't need any celeb to be an 'activist' for me. I hate when celebs (mainly female pop stars) gay bait their fans. 

I think Britney just sees people as people, doesn't matter if they are gay, straight, black, Asian, etc. I think someone's ****** preference is something that doesn't matter in the slightest. 

On 11/26/2018 at 9:31 AM, Cappycorn87 said:

She was making money from royalties from her music and other investments

Stop speaking so soon as far as her not being marketable her show sells fine and her singles still chart high.

Her last 7 singles of her own, not featurings (Criminal, Oh La La, Work *****, Perfume, Pretty Girls, Make Me... and Slumber Party) didn't hit the Billboard Hot 100 top 10. She's not charting high.

still think its way too early for people to be freaking out about "low" sales. Again, this is not something a lot of people buy tickets for way in advance. This requires people to book a trip and find time that works for them, their friends, getting time off work, etc. I'll think this is more serious if on opening night most seats are not sold. Until then i'm not batting an eye.

8 hours ago, Leon said:

Bullshit. Britney didn't start actively start appealing to the gay community until "In the Zone" but gays were buying her music when the rest of the world started buying her music, which started with her first single.

48 minutes ago, asitalian12587 said:

still think its way too early for people to be freaking out about "low" sales. Again, this is not something a lot of people buy tickets for way in advance. This requires people to book a trip and find time that works for them, their friends, getting time off work, etc. I'll think this is more serious if on opening night most seats are not sold. Until then i'm not batting an eye.

Thank you

28 minutes ago, f**knfurter said:

Lmfao, it's like none of you rushing to say she'll be fine actually read the post at all. It says they will make her sell out. Why wouldn't they? THEY'LL look bad too if they don't, not just Britney.

The point is that this one won't be given an extension.

You speaking way too soon

Archived