Britney Blind - Domination Sales

MyQueenBritney

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, really really cool guy said:

Bullshit. We're 3 months away from the beginning of the residency and she still hasn't promoted it. 

Wait for it! Instagram short video about her making ice cream, spraying herself with perfume, or painting something red and black coming in 3, 2,1....

12 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

They go because the show is good, would not had last long if it wasnt

You’re kinda cute with your naïveté. Some things sell not because they’re actually good. Take crocs, silly bandz, tamagotchis, furbies, and other such fads. All trash products that survived due to good marketing and sheeple.  It’s funny and kinda sad in a way.  A fool and their money...

7 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

Wait for it! Instagram short video about her making ice cream, spraying herself with perfume, or painting something red and black coming in 3, 2,1....

You obviously don't pay much attention to her instagram because if you did then you would know that she has post up about the show since the announcement

55 minutes ago, Captain Britney said:

They hype her perfume more than the residency :whatitellu:

She legitimately makes a lot off of perfume.  During that Sam Lufti trial it was revealed that she was making $800,000 per month in 2007-2008.

"Spears Earned $800,000 a Month ... even when she wasn't working. On the stand, Lutfi said Spears enticed him to be her manager by saying, "I'm getting $800,000 a month even when I'm not working. You will get 15 percent of that." Lynne Spears' legal team has backed up that figure, saying that Lutfi wanted to get a 15 percent commission on the $800,000 per month Spears pulled in during 2007-2008, which would work out to around $120,000 a month."

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/britney-spears-sam-lutfi-biggest-revelations-trial/story?id=17553168

Most of that money could not have come from other endorsements given the time period or music, since she did not write much.  Her consertvator saying the conservatorship was 'nearly out of funds' was basically referring to the fact that she wasn't saving any of her money.  But she was still making a lot of money every month from fragrances during that time as she still does now. 

As for the residency, I think her and her team's lack of interest in improving her craft consistently (performing as well as recording Britney Jean album) as well as her image of drained interest in her. 

There really should not be much interest right now. 

She had a massive start to her career, had a very dark period and had the comeback (which was really only with the Circus era but extended to 2013.)  She already had a comeback.  This second residency is not a comeback if she isn't a better performer.  And the fact is that she is a late 90s/early 2000s mega star that cannot really be marketed in this current landscape without vast changes to her music brand.

Now she actually did give a recent interview this month where she said is thinking about new music:

'SoundExchange: People attend the Las Vegas shows to hear the music they remember so fondly, but what are your thoughts about getting into the studio and releasing new music?

Britney: I always have new music on my mind! Right now, it’s really about finding the time to get into the studio between taking care of my boys and this new show!'

https://www.soundexchange.com/artist-qa-catching-up-with-britney-spearsver2/

I do think this Residency will be 'it'.  While the show will sell better as it gets closer to opening I think this will be her last show before a break and she'll figure out what to do with the rest of her career.  I think she'll still do music but she doesn't need to perform for the money anymore.

13 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

She legitimately makes a lot off of perfume.  During that Sam Lufti trial it was revealed that she was making $800,000 per month in 2007-2008.

"Spears Earned $800,000 a Month ... even when she wasn't working. On the stand, Lutfi said Spears enticed him to be her manager by saying, "I'm getting $800,000 a month even when I'm not working. You will get 15 percent of that." Lynne Spears' legal team has backed up that figure, saying that Lutfi wanted to get a 15 percent commission on the $800,000 per month Spears pulled in during 2007-2008, which would work out to around $120,000 a month."

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/britney-spears-sam-lutfi-biggest-revelations-trial/story?id=17553168

Most of that money could not have come from other endorsements given the time period or music, since she did not write much.  Her consertvator saying the conservatorship was 'nearly out of funds' was basically referring to the fact that she wasn't saving any of her money.  But she was still making a lot of money every month from fragrances during that time as she still does now. 

As for the residency, I think her and her team's lack of interest in improving her craft consistently (performing as well as recording Britney Jean album) as well as her image of drained interest in her. 

There really should not be much interest right now. 

She had a massive start to her career, had a very dark period and had the comeback (which was really only with the Circus era but extended to 2013.)  She already had a comeback.  This second residency is not a comeback if she isn't a better performer.  And the fact is that she is a late 90s/early 2000s mega star that cannot really be marketed in this current landscape without vast changes to her music brand.

Now she actually did give a recent interview this month where she said is thinking about new music:

'SoundExchange: People attend the Las Vegas shows to hear the music they remember so fondly, but what are your thoughts about getting into the studio and releasing new music?

Britney: I always have new music on my mind! Right now, it’s really about finding the time to get into the studio between taking care of my boys and this new show!'

https://www.soundexchange.com/artist-qa-catching-up-with-britney-spearsver2/

I do think this Residency will be 'it'.  While the show will sell better as it gets closer to opening I think this will be her last show before a break and she'll figure out what to do with the rest of her career.  I think she'll still do music but she doesn't need to perform for the money anymore.

She was making money from royalties from her music and other investments

Stop speaking so soon as far as her not being marketable her show sells fine and her singles still chart high.

This **** comes up literally every time she announces a new tour/show. :ririshade2: Ticket sales may be down now, but she’ll do fine once the show actually starts and people outside her fan base take note.  A huge portion of PoM’s audience were tourists and other people who randomly decided to attend the show...why would Domination be any different? :xcuseme:

Archived