Finally tried Prerogative (Male review)

OohOohStarbucks

They're finally selling Prerogative here in Spain, so when I saw it on a shelf I was shook hahaha I ran to try it.

Let me start by saying it is NOT a girly fragrance, it is pretty balanced as to what's considered ''masculine/femenine". However, it leans a little bit more to the femenine side because it's pretty sweet.

I've seen some people saying that it smells a lot like coffee and that it reminds them of Mugler's Angel Men, but at least on my skin it smells fruity and peppery.

It smells amazing but i feel kind of dissapointed since I expected something more edgy, tbh. 

Personally I don't think I'll buy it, I'm still gonna stick to Believe. It is really really good, just not my cup of tea. And it isn't because of the sweetness, it just doesn't wow me hahaha (I can totally see a guy wearing it).

If you have the chance to try it, do it!! :cuteidk:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/23/2018 at 11:51 PM, OohOohStarbucks said:

They're finally selling Prerogative here in Spain, so when I saw it on a shelf I was shook hahaha I ran to try it.

Let me start by saying it is NOT a girly fragrance, it is pretty balanced as to what's considered ''masculine/femenine". However, it leans a little bit more to the femenine side because it's pretty sweet.

I've seen some people saying that it smells a lot like coffee and that it reminds them of Mugler's Angel Men, but at least on my skin it smells fruity and peppery.

It smells amazing but i feel kind of dissapointed since I expected something more edgy, tbh

Personally I don't think I'll buy it, I'm still gonna stick to Believe. It is really really good, just not my cup of tea. And it isn't because of the sweetness, it just doesn't wow me hahaha (I can totally see a guy wearing it).

If you have the chance to try it, do it!! :cuteidk:

En qué tienda lo venden? :disbelief:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Soni said:

I've been thinking of buying it myself from the Britney store.

Is the coffee smell strong?
Is it the main smell or are there stronger smells in the perfume according to u?

You can smell the coffee but it’s not strong. Like OP said, it’s very balanced though, it’s a lot more pronounced than private show, at least on my skin. I think I smell more latex and sandalwood and just a hint of coffee once the scent is past it’s cotton candy phase. It smells like an expensive perfume honestly. I like it and I usually hate sweet scents but she finally toned down the level of syrupy cupcakey kind of notes 

9 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

You can smell the coffee but it’s not strong. Like OP said, it’s very balanced though, it’s a lot more pronounced than private show, at least on my skin. I think I smell more latex and sandalwood and just a hint of coffee once the scent is past it’s cotton candy phase. It smells like an expensive perfume honestly. I like it and I usually hate sweet scents but she finally toned down the level of syrupy cupcakey kind of notes 

Hmm..maybe I SHould buy it..
I like the sweetness and I guess the coffee makes it more masculine or idk

How does it compare to Midnight Fantasy if u smelled it? (since i've been using that one)
and can u compare it to any other perfume from her collection (except Private Show since I know it's mostly coffee and many people are already comparing it to it)
Thanks

20 minutes ago, Soni said:

How does it compare to Midnight Fantasy if u smelled it? (since i've been using that one)
and can u compare it to any other perfume from her collection (except Private Show since I know it's mostly coffee and many people are already comparing it to it)
Thanks

Actually it reminded me a bit of MF when I first smelled it because it starts fruity, but it is a LOT less sugary and loud than MF.

I haven't smelled that many frags from her brand, but I think that it's actually pretty different from what she has released until now. You can tell they have put quite some effort in this one.

4 hours ago, OohOohStarbucks said:

Actually it reminded me a bit of MF when I first smelled it because it starts fruity, but it is a LOT less sugary and loud than MF.

I haven't smelled that many frags from her brand, but I think that it's actually pretty different from what she has released until now. You can tell they have put quite some effort in this one.

ah thanks!

Maybe I will be buying Prerogative after all :demi:

Thanks for the review.  I might have to try it.

Any other males here wear Believe?  I started wearing it years ago when I didn’t think Britney would ever put out a cologne or unisex fragrance, and I love it.  It doesn’t smell as sweet as her other fragrances, especially once it’s on you. 

3 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

I have a serious question... where do you buy her perfumes in America? I feel like I’ve only seen them in wal mart. 

live in Los Angeles and I can’t tell you when I’ve ever seen one of her perfumes in stores? 

Fantasy and curious are everywhere even in small pharmacies - Walgreens, Duane reade, rite aid, target, Kohl’s, Macy’s.

but the specialty spinoffs are a little more hard to find. I still haven’t seen prerogative in stores.

Interesting. I really liked it. It grew on me after beeing a bit underwhelmed at the beginning. I concider it a bit feminin but its still ´´unisex``. also expected it a bit more edgy especially looking at the tv-ad.

together with curious and circus fantasy its defn my favourite.

bought it in brimingahm after the concert in august.

in germany we dont have her p at all. we had curious in 2004 until like 2005/6. but after that nothing. just xtinas cheap looking stuff (oh an beyonces etc.). nowadays if you are lucky you find them from time to time at tk maxx and action

5 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

I have a serious question... where do you buy her perfumes in America? I feel like I’ve only seen them in wal mart. 

live in Los Angeles and I can’t tell you when I’ve ever seen one of her perfumes in stores? 

I live in Florida, and I’ve seen them in department stores- Macy’s, Nordstrom, Kohl’s, etc.- as well as Walmart and Target and **** stores like Walgreens and CVS.  But like @naturalplayboy said, the specialty fragrances can be more difficult to find.  I get Believe on eBay since it’s been discontinued.  You could also check outlet stores like Perfumania, maybe? 

• Super Mods
11 hours ago, Soni said:

Thanks

I haven’t tried midnight fantasy yet ( I should though) but yeah the fragrance does turn more masculine. It definitely doesn’t smell like fantasy to me (I had rocker femme, still don’t know why I bought that) and believe, I think this is a good in the middle where it’s not too sweet and not to masculine. I don’t wear it often but it’s a good break from all my citrusy and woody fragrances. The only thing I can compare to it is Private show and I have that, and with Private show I only wear it at in private at home but with prerogative I feel comfortable enough to step out wearing it. I still wouldn’t say it’s a true unisex, but a guy can wear it without feeling like he just stepped into a Victorias Secret. I hope I make sense. 

Archived