RCA better get it right next album

Cappycorn87

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Toxic.Latin said:

Radio is important nowadays if they keep a song on full rotation the GP aknowledges it and they buy or stream the song... that's how the industry works. 

these days?? I mean I get that its how it used ot work but these days most people have spotify, podcasts, audiobooks and dont have to bother with radio. Idk maybe its just because I hate all the commercials I just assume other people dont listen to raido too.

1 minute ago, Toxic.Latin said:

Radio is important nowadays if they keep a song on full rotation the GP aknowledges it and they buy or stream the song... that's how the industry works. Plus, the spins a song gets counts towards it BB position. 

:bedtime:

I feel like radio has significantly less impact these days. A song generally sells well because the artists promote heavily on social media and one off performances. Ariana Grande just got her 1st #1 song and it hasn't even officially impacted radio yet.

If anything radio is good for lesser known artists just starting out but after that, radio is just a bonus for them. Look at Make Me. It was #1 on iTunes but had little to no radio support.

5 minutes ago, claug326 said:

I feel like radio has significantly less impact these days. A song generally sells well because the artists promote heavily on social media and one off performances. Ariana Grande just got her 1st #1 song and it hasn't even officially impacted radio yet.

If anything radio is good for lesser known artists just starting out but after that, radio is just a bonus for them. Look at Make Me. It was #1 on iTunes but had little to no radio support.

lol it was number one a few hours not even a day hahah

33 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

who even listens to radio anymore?? :watrusayin:

I still listen to the radio (I switch it up between CD's and radio). I think there's a lot of 'old school' millennials who play radio. Also, most middle age people I know just do radio, they don't bother with Spotify or any streaming service. They usually leave it set on one station from what I've noticed in my family. Usually a 'variety' station that really just plays top 40 hits. 

I agree it's taken a hit over the years but radio will never die. All of my friends still flip through the stations whenever I'm driving with them

RCA should go all out as they do for some artists. They need banners on streaming services, they need to do real promo instead of acting like just the name will do the job. And she needs to go out there. The job is 50-50, it's not just them but Britney needs to show she wants it. :yaknow:

Radio play is incredibly important. The BB Hot 100 is decided by a combination of sales, streams and radio play. 

For example, it’s why Katy Perry’s latest era was a huge flop, because radio only played CTTR (which subsequently became her only successful single on the BB Hot 100 this last album cycle). The other singles flopped, despite massive streaming via YouTube (I.e., the music videos), and decent album sales boosted by a tour bundle. Radio decides what’s going to be a hit, and they decide it based on how much money they receive from record labels.

I completely agree that RCA needs to seriously step it up for B10.

41 minutes ago, nels64 said:

I mean yes and no. Look at Ariana Grande. She just surprise released a single with just one performance on Ellen and it went #1 after her not having a #1 for some time. 

Britney doesn't promote like she used to in her hey day but the amount of promo she does isn't really less than what anyone else is doing nowadays. 

I think it's a lot harder and more unpredictable to get a song to chart high nowadays. I think Britney doesn't need to promote MORE she needs to promote DIFFERENTLY and really catch the attention of people. Get people to stream her music.

I think the largest flaw we have as a fanbase is that a lot of us are still stuck on purchases and team Britney is stuck promoting to get a song to sell instead of getting a song to go viral and get people to stream it. 

This is when Music Videos will make a come back. People like viewing things and making memes etc.

They just need to get their marketing into current times. Appeal to Millenials! the one generation which harbors a ton of nostalgia and love for Britney and is starting to control what charts and how it charts.

She just needs better marketing tbh.

Britney isn't interested in her own music and Ariana is. Look at both their instagram. Britney never acknowledges her new stuff and Ariana keeps on posting snippets. If the artist isn't hyped why should her fans be????

1 hour ago, whoisit said:

lol it was number one a few hours not even a day hahah

It doesn't matter. It still had no radio support. It rebounded back up to top 5 after the VMAs, again, without radio support.

Radio does not matter for most artists. There are much better ways to get your song out there now.

Ok well first off the song has to be really catchy cause a lot of promo can’t save a song and artist the gp isn’t THAT thirsty for new music for. 

Second, she needs ad deals like Halsey has for without me. It kind of forces ppl to hear the track one way or another.

it also needs to be added to the biggest Spotify playlists.

Archived