Mannequin & Circus original choreo was really reaaaally amazing!

14 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Tbh, my guess is that at one point in time, Mannequin was supposed to be the lead over Womanizer and once the plans had changed, they just axed everything related to it. Why else would they master such intricate choreography? Oh well, another mystery for the books. :bedtime:

I remember back in the day it was said that Mannequin was to be the first single but then Britney recorded Womanizer, I remember this was mentioned somewhere

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 11/15/2018 at 9:41 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Tbh, my guess is that at one point in time, Mannequin was supposed to be the lead over Womanizer and once the plans had changed, they just axed everything related to it. Why else would they master such intricate choreography? Oh well, another mystery for the books. :bedtime:

I don’t understand why she slays during rehearsals but puts little to no effort during the live performances. She always missed steps or moved out of sync with the other dancers. 

I am starting to believe that she might have deliberately sabotaged herself by making her performances lackluster in order to spite her father and team, which is incredibly sad.

• Like 2

hard to tell...

Mannequin routine didn’t fit the whole “Circus” vibe the tour had. It’s a lot of connected steps that she would have to do quickly, and the routines for the tour were mostly “spaced out” so that she could move between the three stages so that everyone could see a bit of the numbers... 

and the fact that she mostly performed in heels in this era didn’t help.

If she kept Andre and Wade along the era, it would probably be a lot more like DWAD than what we ended up having. 

2 hours ago, Lurker93 said:

hard to tell...

Mannequin routine didn’t fit the whole “Circus” vibe the tour had. It’s a lot of connected steps that she would have to do quickly, and the routines for the tour were mostly “spaced out” so that she could move between the three stages so that everyone could see a bit of the numbers... 

and the fact that she mostly performed in heels in this era didn’t help.

If she kept Andre and Wade along the era, it would probably be a lot more like DWAD than what we ended up having. 

Why did she continue to dance in heels despite the discomfort? I mean it’s possible to do it but complex choreography can really damage your feet. She never wore heels in the dream within a dream tour...I don’t get why she kept doing it.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:18 PM, Alexa James said:

Why did she continue to dance in heels despite the discomfort? I mean it’s possible to do it but complex choreography can really damage your feet. She never wore heels in the dream within a dream tour...I don’t get why she kept doing it.

My guess? Purely for visuals...
She was trying (since the Onyx Hotel, when her stamina was already declining) to transition from teen performer to adult performer. Those old numbers where she used cheerleading outfits and sneakers were to be put behind... she had to aim the more mature image, with tighter outfits, and dance numbers that were supposed to be ****, not explosive as in her early days. The heels complemented this image. 

• Like 1