List all the Missed Opportunities in Britney's Career

ExhaleBitch

Hi everyone! 

What do you think if we list all the"Missed Opportunities" in Britney's Career, I'm going to start with a very obvious one:

NOT celebrate "...Baby One More Time" 20th Anniversary Video... I think this is one of the worse moves from her team, because even people who are not Britney's fans where expecting something to commemorate the anniversary.. I guess we will have to wait until January 12 to see if there's something to commemorate the album release anniversary... 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'd be easier to list the opportunities that were actually taken, then not taken.  Because I'd be sitting here 10 days later still listing chances Britney's team was too lazy- or too stupid to take. :brityawning:

But the one that really still gets me, is the Make me video. The original version would've caused so much controversy- and put in on par with a more exciting VMA performance to show Britney is capable of more than dancing on the floor with a leotard, maybe a bit more production value to the performance and a controversial moment, like kissing G-Eazy (HOW IT WAS INTENDED TO BE!!) - Brit would've had herself a "glorious" era.

Singing live throughout the majority of her career and establishing herself as a credible pop star who can actually hold a note instead of being manipulated to sing a certain way, whether for commercial purposes or forced upon, thus causing her to rely on lip sync rather than putting away the tired dancing, sit on a f**king chair and sing a ******* song in 2018. :decisions:

Some others:

- Releasing a ‘Crossroads’ Soundtrack and the ‘Britney’ album as two separate, including more of the mature material like ‘Am I A Sinner’, ‘When I Say So’ and ‘She’ll Never Be Me’ on self-titled while leaving songs like ‘Bombastic Love’, ‘Cinderella’, and ‘That’s Where You Take Me’ on the ‘Crossroads’ album

- A Busta Rhymes, Pharell, P. Diddy collab in 2002. Better yet, a Britney x The Neptunes collaboration album in 2002. Nobody could deny that they were such a dynamic force when working together. Plus, this would have helped soothe her into more mature sounding material while also giving her major urban appeal & exposure

- Super Bowl Halftime in 2004 instead of Flopstin

- Outrageous music video followed by a legendary VMA performance

- Being casted for ‘The Notebook’ with Ryan Gosling instead of Rachel McAdams.

- Overall, just more films!!! Britney always stated and showed interest in how she’d love to be in more movies and improve as an actress. So sad that potential and spark in her died down

- This one actually gets me heated but songs like ‘Let Go’, ‘Baby Boy’, ‘Dramatic’, ‘Sugarfall’, ‘Little Me’, ‘Kiss You All Over’ never seeing the light of day or being included on ‘Blackout’

I could keep going but it’ll just rile me up some more. :britstare11:

55 minutes ago, atouchofbritney said:

It'd be easier to list the opportunities that were actually taken, then not taken.  Because I'd be sitting here 10 days later still listing chances Britney's team was too lazy- or too stupid to take. :brityawning:

But the one that really still gets me, is the Make me video. The original version would've caused so much controversy- and put in on par with a more exciting VMA performance to show Britney is capable of more than dancing on the floor with a leotard, maybe a bit more production value to the performance and a controversial moment, like kissing G-Eazy (HOW IT WAS INTENDED TO BE!!) - Brit would've had herself a "glorious" era.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the original Make Me video wouldn’t have made hardly any impact or created anticipation. The video was a f**king mess and only would have sparked some interest amongst her gay fanbase. Other than that, nobody would have cared and the general public would have been turned off, to say the least. That’s probably why it was left unreleased so smart on Team Britney.

Overall — Make Me, both the song and video, was just a big no-no and I hope they don’t make a mistake like that again. The song never had appeal and G-Eazy hopping on the track for her anticipated lead single was the icing on a cake for a disaster but go off and be deluded if that’s what gets you by. I’m more pissed about the potential the Outrageous video would have had tbqfh.

The Gimme More VMA performance. There was a rumor that Britney was working with Chris Angel to present an illusion using a system of lights and mirrors where it would look like she was disappearing and reappearing in different spots. Would have been so awesome if combined with her looking flawless and performing some good choreography with good execution.

Blackout could have been a HUGE era, given the amazing quality of the music and her insane level of fame at the time. The EDM craze was just starting to take off, as evidenced by the popularity of Lady Gaga in the next couple years. Obviously this would have never been possible given Britney's mental health at the time. But still, it was one of Britney's biggest missed opportunities to date.

10 hours ago, rawbrit said:

It was? :ineedthetruth: I like her refusal better.

Me too :haha:

There's been alot of missed opportunities post 2007, but for primeney i would of loved the "Alice in Wonderland" Musical that never happened. 

Spoiler

Back in the day, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were THIS close to doing a musical remake of "Alice in Wonderland"

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.hellogigg
Dave Hogan/Getty Images

JOHNNI MACKE
February 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Stop everything: Back in the day,  Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake almost did a musical Alice in Wonderland film. Why did this not happen?! First of all, this is totally random but we just found out about it and needed to tell y’all.

Today marks the 15th Anniversary of Spears first feature film, Crossroads, but come to find out there was another possible film in the works. Yes, while talking to Broadly last year ahead of the Crossroadsanniversary, it was uncovered that Spears and Timberlake were almost in a TV movie together.

Broadly spoke with Crossroads director Tamra Davis, producer Ann Carli and writer Shonda Rhimes about the making of the 2002 movie, and uncovered a few secrets along the way.

After Davis signed onto the project — which only happened after she met Spears and loved her — Carli took the idea to MTV Films executive David Gale. When they pitched the idea, they learned that Gale’s team was already working on a musical update of Alice in Wonderlandstarring Spears and Timberlake.

Back in 1999, Entertainment Weekly reported the possible Alice role for Spears, and it sounded awesome. The story was supposed to be about singer getting hit by a VW Rabbit and falling into a trippy world. Seriously though, lol.

“After that, it’s chaos. She’s in the midst of a rock & roll, hip-hop musical that’s far from anything Lewis Carroll imagined,” screenwriter Sarah Thorpe told Entertainment Weekly at the time. The Mad Hatter was supposed to be a talent scout, and the Queen of Hearts would become the Queen of Pop.

Of course, the Caterpiller would be a stoner, the publication reported.

Despite the plan to make the Alice movie, Gale loved the idea for Crossroads and signed off on it with Spears at the helm. Sadly, the Alicemovie never happened, so thank goodness the singer did Crossroads!

Even though Timberlake and his then girlfriend, Spears, didn’t do an Alice film, he was on the set of her first film a lot, which almost makes up for it.

When the “Toxic” singer wasn’t filming alongside her movie BFFs, Taryn Manning and Zoe Saldana, she was with her bae.

"It was just the most beautiful relationship, seeing the two of them together and how love-y they were," Davis told Broadly about Spears' former flame. "They were just so close, and she was such a supporter of his."

“He worked just as hard as her. It was like, she would be doing rehearsals and he would be doing rehearsals. They really knew that life together,” the director explained.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.hellogigg
Christina Radish/Redferns/Getty Images

Another adorable couple moment comes from Spears’ notebook from set.

"All she was writing was 'Britney and Justin,' all these little curlicues. It was like looking at a teenage girl's musings — hearts and butterflies and Justin's name," she said.

This is too cute.

We know that the couple is no longer together, but we will never forget Brit-Brit and JT back in the day. They were Hollywood royalty, and we loved it.

https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/nostalgia/britney-spears-justin-timberlake-musical-remake-of-alice-in-wonderland/

Not performing MM at the BBMAs. And then not releasing the SP video a little sooner, letting the momentum die and ultimately ending Glory Era too soon. 

Not adding more oomph to VMAs 2016, to build off of the public’s interest from her BBMAs and MTVs hyping it as her return to the VMAS stage. 

Archived