“Over To You Now” song meaning

It wasn’t until the ITZ’s 15th anniversary thread that I learned this unreleased track was from the ITZ era, and not BO era which was what I previously thought. For some reason it always sounded like a BO era track to me. 

My sister introduced me to OTYN years ago, around the time of BO so maybe that’s why I associated it with that era. Anyways, we were chilling and she played it and said, “I think this song is about **** ***.” Huh? “Seriously, listen to it!” I brushed it off like, “yeah ok, Britney recorded a track about butt ***.”

Flash forward a few years, I was on YouTube browsing user comments for OTYN, when I saw someone echo my sister’s comment. After looking harder at the lyrics, I realized my sis was onto something! 

The part about needing “some juice” to enter really settles it for me. What do you guys think? Is this about basement ***? Or is this song about something else? Discuss please. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

It's obvious about **** *** and leave taboos at home.On the Dramatic track  she also talks about something ...this her previous partner wanted that kind of *** and she said"no"and that from now on she was  going to say "yes" to other people.

It’s so obvious to me now lol. But back when I first heard it, I seriously didn’t think a Britney song about **** *** could exist. I mean, by this time she sang plenty about *** and all, but in 2007 or so it was like :wow:

2 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

It’s so obvious to me now lol. But back when I first heard it, I seriously didn’t think a Britney song about **** *** could exist. I mean, by this time she sang plenty about *** and all, but in 2007 or so it was like :wow:

It's normal ,it has also happened to me with many of her songs.Especially with "All that she wants",I thought it was a great track ,but over time I realized how dark ,complicated and hard the track is.

5 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

It's normal ,it has also happened to me with many of her songs.Especially with "All that she wants",I thought it was a great track ,but over time I realized how dark ,complicated and hard the track is.

True, in middle school my 6th grade self thought Ginuwine’s “Pony” was literally about a pony... I wasn’t a very hip kid lol

5 hours ago, Winter _90 said:

It's obvious about **** *** and leave taboos at home.On the Dramatic track  she also talks about something ...this her previous partner wanted that kind of *** and she said"no"and that from now on she was  going to say "yes" to other people.

wow i never realised this 

"Not let nobody's body touch my body in positions that we only knew 

(Ooh, ooh, ooh) 

Now I'm gonna give him what he wants and more, 
Do all those explicit things that I told you "No", 
Places you couldn't go, 
You know where I'm talking, 
You are too dramatic "

5 hours ago, Khoazie said:

some have that here with the song "how i roll", the song is a play on words kind of like if you seek amy. she says "downtown where my posses at" but it sounds like pu$$y, which is also downtown and she mentions a kitty cat later on. its obv. pu$$y. then she sings "you can be my thug" tonight but its obviously meant as "you can be my **** tonight" which also makes more sense and even a lot of lyrics say it like that. yet many just dont want to accept it. if she sings about ****, she also sings about her pu$$y lol.

when i was little i loved songs like "how many licks" by lil kim and "freeek!" by george michael. i had no clue what it was all about

This song was officially released on the Chaotic EP in 2005 and was originally recorded for In the Zone in 2003, so not a Blackout outtake.

It's funny cause when I first heard this song I knew it was ******, but I didn't imagine it would be about **** :orangu: but I think it is about **** when you look at the lyrics! 

8 hours ago, WilderWein said:

wow i never realised this 

"Not let nobody's body touch my body in positions that we only knew 

(Ooh, ooh, ooh) 

Now I'm gonna give him what he wants and more, 
Do all those explicit things that I told you "No", 
Places you couldn't go, 
You know where I'm talking, 
You are too dramatic "

It's funny, right!.Sometimes we do not even notice the connection in her lyrics and the truth that she wanted to show us ,as something as intimate as that she did not want to have *** ****  with her previous partner .And that she wanted to talk about important things for her, even if it was about **** ***. I think she never stopped recording.

6 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

Whaaaat. the ****.

How have I ONLY just realised this?

I always thought the special place in the basement was just a party :decisions:

Same tbh... I swear i NEVER realized what she sang about until now :omg: and that's because 50% of the times i don't really care about the lyrics especially if it's not a single (cause i care about what she offers to the GP :pieceofwhat:) i mean if a song is catchy and has a great production i listen it without giving 2 f*cks :ehidk: but i never thought it was about THAT topic... :embarrassed:

Archived