ITZ DVD-Audio: amazing interview with the mixer!

bitbitboi

HERE IT IS! (thanks to user BritneyIcon!! <3)

-----

Original post:

Hey guys, I need help! I could swear years ago I read online a super interesting and insightful interview wih the guy in charge of mixing the DVD Audio of ITZ, and I would love to read it again and share it with others because it was a gem for any fan of Britney's music, especially now being the 15th anniversary of 'In The Zone.'

He basically said he was working overtime and super hard on the mix but having an absolute blast because of the amazing production of the whole album. I especially remember him saying that all the crazy little sounds in the original inspired him to be super creative and experimental for a moment, though he already knew what the final product should sound like and what the record label expected of him (his job was to sort out each sound or instrument or voice or whatever from the stems into each of the 5.1 channels of this mix, if I understood correctly), but I loved reading once again that somebody was inspired by Britney and making them work hard for the end result.

I obviously already tried to google this interview, but nothing came up (I swear the Internet should have regulations on archiving because I feel like it completely changes over time, and unless you make a copy of pages or media from it, you can never make sure you'll find stuff again, ugghh.....)

I'm talking about this version of the album (a mix I never got to hear, by the way... sniff...):
www.discogs.com/es/Britney-Spears-In-The-Zone/release/6151005

There it says this, among other information:

Art Direction – Kevin Clement
Coordinator – Marc McLean
Mastered By – Bob Michaels, Michael Yip
Mixed By – Jason Desmond, Mr. Haynes

Other [DVD Authoring] – Eddie Escanlante
Other [Production Services Quality Control] – Kehni Davis
Supervised By [Zomba Project Supervisor] – Jeff Dodes

I'm not sure what everything really means, but I googled those four guys in bold and I found nothing. Or am I that bad at googling?

If any of you remember reading this interview and can help me find it, I'll appreciate it!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Hey guys, I need help! I could swear years ago I read online a super interesting and insightful interview wih the guy in charge of mixing the DVD Audio of ITZ, and I would love to read it again and share it with others because it was a gem for any fan of Britney's music, especially now being the 15th anniversary of 'In The Zone.'

He basically said he was working overtime and super hard on the mix but having an absolute blast because of the amazing production of the whole album. I especially remember him saying that all the crazy little sounds in the original inspired him to be super creative and experimental for a moment, though he already knew what the final product should sound like and what the record label expected of him (his job was to sort out each sound or instrument or voice or whatever from the stems into each of the 5.1 channels of this mix, if I understood correctly), but I loved reading once again that somebody was inspired by Britney and making them work hard for the end result.

I obviously already tried to google this interview, but nothing came up (I swear the Internet should have regulations on archiving because I feel like it completely changes over time, and unless you make a copy of pages or media from it, you can never make sure you'll find stuff again, ugghh.....)

I'm talking about this version of the album (a mix I never got to hear, by the way... sniff...):

I'm not sure what everything really means, but I googled those four guys in bold and I found nothing. Or am I that bad at googling?

If any of you remember reading this interview and can help me find it, I'll appreciate it!

Here you go:

https://www.highfidelityreview.com/britney-spears.html

Enjoy!
:)

4 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I recently bought a new house that has a built-in surround system and the album from that DVD sounds amazing 

11 hours ago, 3isacharm said:

I recently bought a new house that has a built-in surround system and the album from that DVD sounds amazing 

I do have DVD audio of this album as well, but I never played it as I don’t have the DVD sound sistem. How different does it sound?

i always love to listen to this album out loud on Dre Beatbs speaker box or headphones.

1 hour ago, Plaidatlo said:

I do have DVD audio of this album as well, but I never played it as I don’t have the DVD sound sistem. How different does it sound?

i always love to listen to this album out loud on Dre Beatbs speaker box or headphones.

You can hear other parts of the song like instruments, ad libs, Vocals, etc that you can't on the regular version. I like how they play with something you can hear some of the vocals on one side or in the back and then boom. It's hard to describe but it sounds very cool :awyeah:

20 hours ago, BritneyIcon said:

omg I.LOVE.YOU.

This interview is amazing, I enjoyed so much reading it again!

How did you find it? I assume it's from 2004, but it only says "November 6" there, unless I'm blind... (Like I said, you need ARCHIVING RULES, INTERNET!)

“The album had great writers and producers working on it, and such a rich variety of styles: dance, hip-hop, R&B, old fashioned pop, even some Bollywood samples. And that’s just in the song ‘Toxic’” he laughed, adding “Seriously though, it’s really a lot of fun to listen to."

3 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

omg I.LOVE.YOU.

This interview is amazing, I enjoyed so much reading it again!

How did you find it? I assume it's from 2004, but it only says "November 6" there, unless I'm blind... (Like I said, you need ARCHIVING RULES, INTERNET!)

Honestly, I just did a quick Google search. I used "Britney In the Zone 5.1 surround mixing" as my search string and it was the first result! I am a recruiter, so I'm constantly crawling the web to find things (and candidates). Such a cool article! Glad we found it. :hugs:

5 hours ago, BritneyIcon said:

Honestly, I just did a quick Google search. I used "Britney In the Zone 5.1 surround mixing" as my search string and it was the first result! I am a recruiter, so I'm constantly crawling the web to find things (and candidates). Such a cool article! Glad we found it. :hugs:

OK I need to give back my "Citizen of Planet Earth" ID card because this is embarrassing! I officially cannot google stuff!! haha I guess the thing is to find those specific words ("5.1 surround mixing") that make all the difference ;) Thanks again!

4 hours ago, Breathe on me u toxicbitch said:

Have both the dvd-a and the dual disc but never read the article - so thank u very much!!!!

You're welcome (real thanks to BritneyIcon, though), I'm so happy you enjoyed it!! :D :D :D

Archived