Britney’s 1st time on Ellen (2004), with Toxic performance

Last night, during my session of binge-watching Britney videos on YouTube, I revisited this amazing performance of Toxic:

This might be my favorite/one of my favorite performances of Toxic. Britney brings the energy so hard here, she hits every beat with precision and fierceness! The choreography from start to finish is executed with an enthusiasm that I have yet to see in another Toxic performance. Those hairflips are top notch. The only other times I can think of that come close to this performance of Toxic is the one from her Abc ITZ Concert and the NRJ awards. 

I miss Pantsney. Britney looks seriously gorgeous here. The face and hair game is amazing and I love that little ribbon tail thing that she wears lol. Such a classic Britney piece of clothing. 

I love me some Ellen, and you can totally tell that she’s always had a soft spot for Britney. Great things seem to happen whenever Britney and Ellen get together. Here’s to the start of an amazing friendship between two 90’s icons that’s lasted all these years:

Spoiler

Edit: I just rewatched her Toxic performance at the NRJ Awards, and now I can’t decide which one I like better lol. Mama is coming for everybody’s scalp here! Looking like a damn goddess. The 2:38 mark with the line “taste of your lips I’m on a ride,” when she grabs the dancer’s head and pushes it down is stunning. Why the camera didn’t pan out for us to witness this magical moment is beyond unforgivable. The camerawork here is pretty weak actually, which is so annoying and doesn’t do this performance justice. Like, focus on the queen and quit flashing to the backup dancers or the audience!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

I was going to say the first time was when she played basketball but then I saw the basketball video. :imok:

I can't understand why they used that flop band every Toxic performance... sounds so much better studio version!!! :mcry:

I agree, I’ve never been a fan of that live band sound with her performances. I think it’s only a thing when she performs on talk shows and other television appearances but I could be wrong? 

4 hours ago, Khoazie said:

Last night, during my session of binge-watching Britney videos on YouTube, I revisited this amazing performance of Toxic:

This might be my favorite/one of my favorite performances of Toxic. Britney brings the energy so hard here, she hits every beat with precision and fierceness! The choreography from start to finish is executed with an enthusiasm that I have yet to see in another Toxic performance. Those hairflips are top notch. The only other times I can think of that come close to this performance of Toxic is the one from her Abc ITZ Concert and the NRJ awards. 

I miss Pantsney. Britney looks seriously gorgeous here. The face and hair game is amazing and I love that little ribbon tail thing that she wears lol. Such a classic Britney piece of clothing. 

I love me some Ellen, and you can totally tell that she’s always had a soft spot for Britney. Great things seem to happen whenever Britney and Ellen get together. Here’s to the start of an amazing friendship between two 90’s icons that’s lasted all these years:

Hide contents

Edit: I just rewatched her Toxic performance at the NRJ Awards, and now I can’t decide which one I like better lol. Mama is coming for everybody’s scalp here! Looking like a damn goddess. The 2:38 mark with the line “taste of your lips I’m on a ride,” when she grabs the dancer’s head and pushes it down is stunning. Why the camera didn’t pan out for us to witness this magical moment is beyond unforgivable. The camerawork here is pretty weak actually, which is so annoying and doesn’t do this performance justice. Like, focus on the queen and quit flashing to the backup dancers or the audience!

so funny I just posted the ellen one in another thread tonight. cool that u simultaniously stumbled upon this one

This is her best performance of Toxic, hands down *******

The live band was great, she was so f**king fierce, everything about that performance was on point !  the hair, the outfit, the dancing...oh god ! flawless, and you can even hear her live vocals in some parts if you listen carefully.....

the ABC special my *** !

I just love the NRJ awards performance because you can feel how the audience was connected to her. Her presence was so strong. She didn't need a big stage with extreme production, it was just her and the dancers. The applause and cheer at the end and her smile, she knew she killed it, but kind of humble at the same time. :tifftear: 

18 minutes ago, portrait said:

I just love the NRJ awards performance because you can feel how the audience was connected to her. Her presence was so strong. She didn't need a big stage with extreme production, it was just her and the dancers. The applause and cheer at the end and her smile, she knew she killed it, but kind of humble at the same time. :tifftear: 

Yup, I know what you mea. That classic, “I’m adorable and kind of awkward in an endearing sort of way.”  A goober. 

:dorkney:

Archived