Favourite Britney Spears Album (& Why)?

@britneys.glory

Favourite Britney Spears Album  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite Britney Spears Album and Why?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2018 at 06:27 PM

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her holy trinity - Oops, Britney and ITZ. Pop perfection, the forefront of classic Britney, and the standard for what a pop album should be. I can’t ever really decide which is her best since it alternates depending on the mood I’m in tbh. These were also the albums where I felt she was involved with the most in terms of the craft.

In The Zone - Because Britney was very much hands to it and was very much involved in writing process...

She got different producers to work with and we got touches by R. Kelly, Diddy and Moby and so many others.

When I listen to the album for the first few times I remember wasn’t so sure ,but when I listen more to it using good speakers or headphones I started to hear how different each song is and how different the sound and production each song had at that time. 

I just love music and I admire all the creative process that has been done on this album. Every song on this album could have been a single and even the bonus tracks , songs like “Girls & Boys” writen by Linda Perry (Hello!) was fire.

Even to this day I like to listen to this album out loud so I can hear every dope sound details...

They could have created visual album out of this...

Either Blackout/and/or Glory...

Glory, I can't believe it's been over 2 years since we heard it. I remember the chills when I listened to it from start to finish for the very first time. It sounded like a true Britney Spears album for me. It released and I went to see Britney for tor the first time ever in Vegas back in Sept 2016, so I have a lot of good memories when I listen to it!

7 hours ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

the album was recorded from march 2006 to june 2007, so mostly 2006 :selena:

still. even danja said that she didn‘t even bother with bg vocals, which doesn‘t sound too involved to me. but who tf cares? it can still be your favorite album anyways. i mean compared to itz there was no other album really that can compare to how involved she was. it‘s not a big deal :ehno:

• 2 years later...
On 11/14/2018 at 12:00 PM, shutup said:

still. even danja said that she didn‘t even bother with bg vocals, which doesn‘t sound too involved to me. but who tf cares? it can still be your favorite album anyways. i mean compared to itz there was no other album really that can compare to how involved she was. it‘s not a big deal :ehno:

As if. the people who worked with her in the Blackout album clearly said she was the one who decided the sound and direction for the album and even tho she didnt write most of the songs, despite being in a bad time she was still fully-present and even paid for the albums production.

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

As if. the people who worked with her in the Blackout album clearly said she was the one who decided the sound and direction for the album and even tho she didnt write most of the songs, despite being in a bad time she was still fully-present and even paid for the albums production.

Isn’t Blackout the only album she has produced?

I don't think she's releasing a new album any time soon unfortunately =(

I go back and forth between ITZ and Blackout being my favorite. ITZ is the most "Britney" album we've ever had - she was very involved creatively and it was a little experimental. It had some great hits and the videos, promo, and tour were awesome.

Blackout is an amazing club banger album which I love from Britney but the era was so messy and sad that it takes away some of the magic. It wasn't very "Britney" as she only co-wrote two songs and it wasn't exactly creative musically.

And I do have to say that I've been obsessed with Glory ever since it came out. I've listened to it all the time since then and especially with the addition of Mood Ring, Swimming In The Stars, and Matches I'm just loving it all over again! 20 songs is a lot for a Britney album!

9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Which is why Britney's original vision of Blackout being a bluesy album which showcased Britney's voice happened? :surejan:

Just because she enjoyed recording doesn't mean it was entirely her vision, Britney has numerous writing credits on the unreleased songs from this era which showcase a more raw side of her art. That was clearly her original vision for Blackout and that was even talked about as being the original vision when Britney was interviewed by People. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Give it up already. :roxxy:

1 hour ago, Danielle1987 said:

Isn’t Blackout the only album she has produced?

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yes :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

However she has basically given the direction for 5 albums (OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, Blackout and Glory) of hers producer or not

Correction: executive produced, very different than being a producer like Danja. :roxxy:

6 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Which is why Britney's original vision of Blackout being a bluesy album which showcased Britney's voice happened? :surejan:

Just because she enjoyed recording doesn't mean it was entirely her vision, Britney has numerous writing credits on the unreleased songs from this era which showcase a more raw side of her art. That was clearly her original vision for Blackout and that was even talked about as being the original vision when Britney was interviewed by People. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Give it up already. :roxxy:

Maybe she liked the avant-disco concept more than the Bluesy album vision? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: You really dont know what happened in the studio because if Britney was against changing Blackout to a EDM album then it would have just been another femme fatale 2.0 where you cant feel her presence but hear her vocals but it wasnt :roxxy: 

And how about you give up already and just acknowledged that Britney was still artistically relevant and involved in the albums production :roxxy:

9 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Correction: executive produced, very different than being a producer like Danja. :roxxy:

The executive producer is the one who pays for the production of the album, collect the demos and decide which songs make it to the final cut of the album, have atleast 50% involvement in the albums making and plans the rollout for the record :roxxy:

7 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Maybe she liked the avant-disco concept more than the Bluesy album vision? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: You really dont know what happened in the studio because if Britney was against changing Blackout to a EDM album then it would have just been another femme fatale 2.0 where you cant feel her presence but hear her vocals but it wasnt :roxxy: 

And how about you give up already and just acknowledged that Britney was still artistically relevant and involved in the albums production :roxxy:

I'm not denying she was involved but it obviously wasn't her original vision. She may have liked it better but you could tell she was more involved in the original and that the original concept showed more artistic growth. :roxxy: 

Archived