Your Glory Single Choice

MeAgainstTheMusic_

So I was listening to Glory the other day and I realised just what a fab album it really was but I always get annoyed at the single choices. 

First Make Me should never have been a single let alone the first!! What singles would you have released from Glory?

1. Man on the Moon (very catchy and radio friendly)

2. If I’m Dancing (also very catchy and radio friendly) 

3. Change Your Mind (very current and could definately hear this on the radio)

4. Slumber Party (I’d have dropped the feature or got a better feature than Tinashe)

5. Liar (If she managed a 5th single I’d have made it this as it’s really catchy but also different for Britney which I think would have attracted a lot of new listeners).

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Better" could have been a good pre-release single just to test the waters, to see if people would eat that generic-***, trend-hopping mess up.. :tiffhair:

if "Better" had done well as a prerelease, then she could have gone on to release "Love Me Down" as the lead single I think.. "Just Luv Me" after "Love Me Down".. :bedtime:

if not, I'd go with either "Slumber Party" or "Change Your Mind".. :yeaok:

First single: Make Me (with a non-f’ed up video release)

Promo track #1: DYWCO

Promo track #2. Just Luv Me

Promo track #3: Love Me Down

Second single: Slumber Party ft. Rihanna (if possible)

Third Single: CYM (possible remix with J. Balvin or Luis Fonsi) 

Fourth single: (yeah right lol) but... either Love Me Down or Better

Bonus: Mood Ring as a Spotify streaming exclusive track

Slumber Party with its music video, released as the first single of Glory with the Make Me promo would've made the song a hit and would've steered this era into the right waters. As much as I love Make Me, it's just too slow for a first single... :hideous:

It maybe would've worked with the original video causing controversy but this whole music video fiasco just made it worse. Oh, the chances that were missed... 

Make Me should have been released as a buzz single. Then followed by Do You Wanna Come Over with a shake it off type of music video. Then Just Love Me with a kill em with kindness video. And then Better to close the era. She should plug another song like she did with bombastic love in the overprotected video. 

The lies in this thread. When MM dropped, the lot of you were saying it was something different, new and nothing generic/predictable from the likes of Pretty Girls, Ooh La La, WB and now the tone changes.

Make Me was the perfect lead. Had the original video not been trashed and the horrible second one been released, it wouldn't be as disregarded as it seems to be now. It got to a good chart position, had it been top 10, the comments on it would be different. It fit the Glory vibe well, something lush, slow and sensual at the same time. Even G Eazy's rap flows well rather than some tacked on ones you see on releases today.

1. Make Me 
2. Do You Wanna Come Over
3. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
4. Slumber Party
5. Just Luv Me or Man on the Moon

If I'm Dancing as a promo.

1) Make Me would've done a lot better with the right promotion and video, so I don't dislike it for first single.

2) Do You Wanna Come Over should have been a single though. It was probably one of Glory's best chances at a top 10 hit. Obviously Britney liked that song enough to actually promote it. If it was a single we might have gotten actual promotion and a good video on par with Slumber Party.

3 and beyond) After the momentum of having two relatively successful hits, almost any other song from that album would have worked, depending on what direction Britney wanted to go in after that.

Unfortunately, the reality of her scrapping the original video and choreography and not promoting for months blunted any momentum she had for having a successful era, so everything basically flopped, and the rest is history... :tifftear:

None of the songs on Glory were lead single material, or even single material for that matter.

The three best songs on 'Glory' are Love Me Down, Liar and Just Luv Me. That being said, Love Me Down would have had the most potential for single #3 but even that would have flopped. Change Your Mind had potential too but it never really struck out to me as 'single-material' on many first listens.

Better had potential but the lyrics are horrible and sounds unfinished for it to even pass as a single. Same goes for Mood Ring. And DYWCO is a hot *** mess and wouldn't have succeeded anywhere outside of her gay fanbase and maybe a couple of runway shows.

Archived