Who Approved This? E! News Mercilessly Drags Britney

Jordan Miller

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, .: lucky :. said:

I don't know, it just seems rude to come for Britney in such a televised, public way. I hate to make excuses for her but this woman was nearly destroyed by the media and mocked savagely in the press for years. It just feels like poor form and a cheap shot, even if we as fans may agree with some or all (for some of you) of what she said.

You could tell she was looking for her co hosts to back her up and they're like :yeahsure:

This. For me it didn’t matter that she made valid points. Her delivery turns me off.

2 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She never was almost destroyed by the media

Looked more unfazed by the media

She never not will she ever care about others opinions on her

That first statement is untrue. 

There were points made, but they could’ve been made in a much more constructive way. I don’t understand how anyone can use talk about someone that has done nothing to them with such a disgusted, nasty tone. I’d feel really embarrassed if I ever talked about someone like that, let alone on national TV. 

7 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

The media turns a blind eye to how crappy a lot of today's performers are like Taylor Swift, Rihanna and so many others.

Vegas is happy with Britney 

Her team knows what they are doing 

I don't think they need advice from folks like yourself who would not know what to do

1) The media rips Taylor Swift apart every chance it gets from what I see.

2) I’m not a fan of any other pop girl but the two you mentioned plus many, many other popstars today sing live, put effort into improving their voices, look good on stage, engage with their fans on stage, reach out to fans, give great M&Gs, have huge productions and impressive stage shows. If they are mediocre and do all that what is Britney?

3) Her team aren’t doing a good job. Britney has been in steady decline for a decade to the point where it’s now really only a core, dedicated active fan base who buy into her. Her GP engagement is basically non-existent. The success she does have is based on HER likeability, story and legacy, not because of her team’s decisions.

4) Yeah, I would have a fair idea. I work next to senior level in one of Britain’s top media agencies and in the last year led an online content development strategy to help a channel that was basically dying reclaim a top 5 spot within their target demo. Marketing is my field and it’s something I’m very passionate about. I love Brit, her artistry at this point is subjective, but how anyone can look at her career trajectory and say her team know what they’re doing- from a business standpoint- is completely beyond me, unless their aim is to do as little as possible and slowly bury her career (which I’ve genuinely begun to think it might be).

3 minutes ago, Hypnotherapy said:

1) The media rips Taylor Swift apart every chance it gets from what I see.

2) I’m not a fan of any other pop girl but the two you mentioned plus many, many other popstars today sing live, put effort into improving their voices, look good on stage, engage with their fans on stage, reach out to fans, give great M&Gs, have huge productions and impressive stage shows. If they are mediocre and do all that what is Britney?

3) Her team aren’t doing a good job. Britney has been in steady decline for a decade to the point where it’s now really only a core, dedicated active fan base who buy into her. Her GP engagement is basically non-existent. The success she does have is based on HER likeability, story and legacy, not because of her team’s decisions.

4) Yeah, I would have a fair idea. I work next to senior level in one of Britain’s top media agencies and in the last year led an online content development strategy to help a channel that was basically dying reclaim a top 5 spot within their target demo. Marketing is my field and it’s something I’m very passionate about. I love Brit, her artistry at this point is subjective, but how anyone can look at her career trajectory and say her team know what they’re doing- from a business standpoint- are completely beyond me, unless their aim is to do as little as possible and slowly bury her career (which I’ve genuinely begun to think it might be).

2. How many of them actually sound good live and Britney engages by putting on a good show

3. Make Me went #1 on itunes and please do not think it was only Britney fans alone who got it there and kept seeing increases

19 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

2. How many of them actually sound good live and Britney engages by putting on a good show

3. Make Me went #1 on itunes and please do not think it was only Britney fans alone who got it there and kept seeing increases

You and your make me argument. I knew it was you before i saw the username lol

1 minute ago, WilderWein said:

Im sorry but if people cant think well enough to realise that britney has been there since 2013 that of course a newcomer to the scene is gonna sell better. I mean, isnt that just logic?

It is logical but no other team and artist have been so merciless as team Britney. 

Her team literally used she was making the most for promo as the show. Then the announcement comes around and Britney doesn’t seemed involved at all. They post a video to show she is. 

All of this criticizing isn’t just for the show not selling out right away I feel. It’s about everything they have done and not done these past 7 years. Larry himself said they won’t promote or do new music because they don’t need it. 

They gave up on Glory the fans that just want new music won’t get new music and 85% of this fan base is unhappy. Random nobodies are noticing now.

3 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

britney is doing wonderful on stage in your opinion but you act like it is a fact instead of an opinion and also others are bad at live singing and performing, again, in your opinion but you act like it is a fact, too.it is ridiculous.and when someone says that britney performs bad you say "it's your opinion" but you act like your opinions are facts and rihanna etc cannot be considered good because you say so.also ı think the names you mentioned sing good even though they are not perfect and it's so much better than lipping a whole show and half assing.also, putting on a good show (which is subjective) is not engaging with the audience.

btw ı agree with everything that's said in the video.

The people who say it should have been made in a more constructive way, Britney is not a child! It feels like she's made out of sugar or something. Those points have been made on exhale and people are starting to publicly address her stiffness and the rest, it's not called hating or dragging, it's just stating facts.

I hope the people who are hurt by this woman's remarks are able to take criticism from someone in their entourage without feeling attacked or something. :zoomzoom:

8 hours ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

wtf r u insulting her looks? Britney has nose jobs and fillers, but they didn't say anything about her appearance that make her look like a whole different person. She is saying exactly what every non-britard says here so why u pressed tho?

I'm not pressed and I agree with both what she said and what you're saying about Brinty.. I mean, I have no excuse, I admit that I'm a hypocrite when it comes to criticizing Brinty - I talk **** about her constantly but when someone else does too, I start throwing around low blows.. can't help it, especially when the prey is as easy as this basic hun.. :tiffhair:

Archived