Get Your Coins Out! Britney’s 'Domination' Ticket Sales Are Reportedly Struggling

britneyausfan

14 minutes ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

Maybe they're playing the "postponed" card until things slow down and reach the point where they can say that it is cancelled.

Normally the part that cuts ties from a contract has to pay a fee to cover the loss of the other part. MGM was tied from all sides: cancelling after the first shows, the first year or cancelling before it started. Plus all the shows have a huge insurance in case things like this happen and maybe they reached an agreement using this money, we don't know.

Still, it was all very odd.

Let's say they did it because of low sales. I want to believe, that all the parties involved knew the rules, and for rules I mean, they had to sell a certain amount of tickets by a certain date in order to judge if the show was a success or a flop. By the end of the year they should've already known how good or how bad sales were and thus they must have known already that the show was gonna be cancelled because the amount of tickets needed wouldn't be sold by the due date. 

Why on Earth would they still play the card that the show was happening mere days before it was cancelled, by posting that Instagram story asking us what we wanted to see on the show, less than a week before the cancellation. Which is more on December 29th they were still answering fans on Twitter with things like "I see you in Vegas" 

and a week later the cancellation was announced :umok:  Were they really expecting to see if in one week the sales were gonna be doubled by magic or something? 

I'll always believe something decisive happened after New Year that made them take that abrupt decision :idkney:. I don't think it was because Britney is becoming a nurse to take care of her dad or something, but more about her legal situation. They must be expecting to see how Jamie evolves and see what is gonna happen with him as a conservator of Britney. Even if he gets better from the surgery, we don't know if that colon rupture was actually caused by another illness we don't know and they just found out that week, it could be even something chronic. Maybe they'll even have to find who's gonna take care of Jamie himself from now on, and someone else has to take his place as Britney's co-conservator, and maybe even her contracts have to be re-negotiated or I don't know, maybe they'll even try to free her from conservatorship taking advantage of this situation (highly doubt it).

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Still, it was all very odd.

Let's say they did it because of low sales. I want to believe, that all the parties involved knew the rules, and for rules I mean, they had to sell a certain amount of tickets by a certain date in order to judge if the show was a success or a flop. By the end of the year they should've already known how good or how bad sales were and thus they must have known already that the show was gonna be cancelled because the amount of tickets needed wouldn't be sold by the due date. 

Why on Earth would they still play the card that the show was happening mere days before it was cancelled, by posting that Instagram story asking us what we wanted to see on the show, less than a week before the cancellation. Which is more on December 29th they were still answering fans on Twitter with things like "I see you in Vegas" 

and a week later the cancellation was announced :umok:  Were they really expecting to see if in one week the sales were gonna be doubled by magic or something? 

I'll always believe something decisive happened after New Year that made them take that abrupt decision :idkney:. I don't think it was because Britney is becoming a nurse to take care of her dad or something, but more about her legal situation. They must be expecting to see how Jamie evolves and see what is gonna happen with him as a conservator of Britney. Even if he gets better from the surgery, we don't know if that colon rupture was actually caused by another illness we don't know and they just found out that week, it could be even something chronic. Maybe they'll even have to find who's gonna take care of Jamie himself from now on, and someone else has to take his place as Britney's co-conservator, and maybe even her contracts have to be re-negotiated or I don't know, maybe they'll even try to free her from conservatorship taking advantage of this situation (highly doubt it).

You know Team B is delusional (even more than Cappy) so they probably thought that with the holidays and stuff tickets would be sold. Once that Christmas season was over and they saw tickets didn't move enough they made the decision to "postpone" the show.

Maybe it was easier for MGM because if the shows were not selling, the ones losing money it's them. I mean, Briney would still get paid even if the venue was sold out or not. I don't doubt that her dad is/was sick but it wasn't the only reason to stop Domination for a while.

4 hours ago, Joegrizzle said:

Okay. In all honesty, I think if it REALLY was the sales. They would have:

A) Cut the shows down

B) Finished the first run and been done

I feel like everyone wants to jump to that conclusion but there are multiple ways to deal with low ticket sales besides just cancelling.

As I said, the problem is that the contract was for more shows. If MGM suddenly decides to cut the number of shows or finish the show after first run or whatever they would be getting themselves into a breach of contract which can make them a) pay Britney the amount established in the contract whether the shows are done or not, b) lose a huge amount of money because they can get sued for breach of contract. MGM loses either way. Maybe they reached an agreement where they mixed that Papa Spears is sick and tickets sales weren't doing as expected.

• 1 month later...

I keep hearing some you say that tickets sales were not good and that was false.

Some of you were calling it a flop in November and December 

It was said numerous of times that most of the tickets were going to sell leading up and close to showtime

I think some of you keep thinking a residency suppose to sell like a tour, poor things

IT WAS  a flop. Did you see ticketmaster page? Most of them were still available or on re-sale. Even for the first night! And there was 0 hype so I doubt she would have sold out that 1st night. Get over it, Coppy! Your delusion is so funny :tifflmao:

And she wouldnt have posponed the residency if the ticket sales had been good :mj::well:

15 minutes ago, maquisl said:

IT WAS  a flop. Did you see ticketmaster page? Most of them were still available or on re-sale. Even for the first night! And there was 0 hype so I doubt she would have sold out that 1st night. Get over it, Coppy! Your delusion is so funny :tifflmao:

And she wouldnt have posponed the residency if the ticket sales had been good :mj::well:

You all were saying that in November and December which was way too soon and more tickets would have sold in January leading up to Showtime.

Her father is why for the hiatus, have you been living under a rock?

Sorry, but I don’t buy the whole “ticket sales were low so they cancelled the show” theory. Britney’s team is money hungry and even if it means they’ll get SOMETHING theyre still gonna use her name for more money.

Leading up to the show Britney was clearly unfocused and bothered by something. I don’t like that you guys are saying she’s “nursing him” back to health. What she said is she wants more time around her family. I think you’re all forgetting she has been working pretty nonstop since 2013. If anything, I like to believe she put her foot down and said she wants a break. Call me delusional whatever.

1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

Sorry, but I don’t buy the whole “ticket sales were low so they cancelled the show” theory. Britney’s team is money hungry and even if it means they’ll get SOMETHING theyre still gonna use her name for more money.

Leading up to the show Britney was clearly unfocused and bothered by something. I don’t like that you guys are saying she’s “nursing him” back to health. What she said is she wants more time around her family. I think you’re all forgetting she has been working pretty nonstop since 2013. If anything, I like to believe she put her foot down and said she wants a break. Call me delusional whatever.

I think it was a mixture of many things including spending time with her family. 

Her tickets were doing terrible though so I think it also played into it. I don’t think it was team Britney that wanted to cancel (besides Britney) it was the venue. They would have lost a lot of money in the end. 

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

I think it was a mixture of many things including spending time with her family. 

Her tickets were doing terrible though so I think it also played into it. I don’t think it was team Britney that wanted to cancel (besides Britney) it was the venue. They would have lost a lot of money in the end. 

Would it be the venue? After all, they are the ones persisting that Britney is coming back.

Even if these shows only sold out night-of, brit was going to be the highest paid woman on the strip. I don’t think that’s something they would just wanna drop. Unless it is like @PokemonSpears suggested and they’re anticipating needing to reassign Britney’s conservator and the massive court headache that would be.

Even if it is a mix of that, our girl has always been extremely family-oriented. It wouldn’t surprise me if she put them first.

6 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

I keep hearing some you say that tickets sales were not good and that was false.

Some of you were calling it a flop in November and December 

It was said numerous of times that most of the tickets were going to sell leading up and close to showtime

I think some of you keep thinking a residency suppose to sell like a tour, poor things

Babe, IT WAS A FLOP. Period. :bedtime:

5 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

As it has been stated before: Working 1.5 hours, 3 times a week during 4-6 weeks and then go on vacation for a month is not what I would call work nonstop. Work nonstop is what Gaga has done or what Britney used to do in her prime.

Of course B team is money hungry but MGM people are not stupid. As I've said before, Britney was going to get the 500K check no matter how full or empty the venue was but MGM would lose money.

9 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Would it be the venue? After all, they are the ones persisting that Britney is coming back.

Even if these shows only sold out night-of, brit was going to be the highest paid woman on the strip. I don’t think that’s something they would just wanna drop. Unless it is like @PokemonSpears suggested and they’re anticipating needing to reassign Britney’s conservator and the massive court headache that would be.

Even if it is a mix of that, our girl has always been extremely family-oriented. It wouldn’t surprise me if she put them first.

There was also articles right before the cancellation about how her show was doing bad but they wouldn’t let her look bad. So...it makes sense. 

This person said it very well 

6 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

As it has been stated before: Working 1.5 hours, 3 times a week during 4-6 weeks and then go on vacation for a month is not what I would call work nonstop. Work nonstop is what Gaga has done or what Britney used to do in her prime.

Of course B team is money hungry but MGM people are not stupid. As I've said before, Britney was going to get the 500K check no matter how full or empty the venue was but MGM would lose money.

This. 

11 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

But Britney already has a co-conservator, Andrew M. Wallet. He’s an attorney who has been a co-conservator along with Jamie since 2008. 

Archived