Get Your Coins Out! Britney’s 'Domination' Ticket Sales Are Reportedly Struggling

britneyausfan

Oops. She shouldn’t have done it again.

A week after tickets went on sale for Britney Spears’ “Domination” concert series at the Park MGM in Las Vegas — fresh on the heels of a yearslong Vegas stint that ended last December — her first month of shows remains more than half unsold, sources told The Post.

By comparison, a 27-show stint for Lady Gaga that begins Dec. 28 at the same venue nearly sold out in the first week tickets were available. An Aerosmith residency that starts April 6 was 85 percent sold out in a week, according to sources.

It was only last New Year’s Eve that the “Toxic” singer wrapped up her initial Las Vegas residency — a four-year, 248-show run at Planet Hollywood entitled “Piece of Me” — which with a $138 million gross has her in fourth place on Las Vegas’ residency register.

Celine Dion leads the list with $385 million for her 717-show “A New Day” series (2003-2007), followed by the same artist’s $233 million take for her 399 “Celine” dates (2011-2019), according to Billboard.

Elton John’s extended “Red Piano” stay (2004-2009) ranks third, with $169 million.

Spears is launching the “Domination” series on Feb. 13 despite the fact that “Piece of Me” stopped selling out after its first two years in Las Vegas, an insider said.

The series was announced on Oct. 18 — less than a month after it was reported that 36-year-old Spears will have to pay thousands of dollars more a month in child support to ex Kevin Federline.

Meanwhile, Gaga and Aerosmith stand to benefit by being residency newbies.

Gaga’s critically acclaimed starring role in “A Star is Born” has her popularity at an all-time high, a source said. And Aerosmith and its boomer following have reached an age where both want to see each other while they still can.

The venue for all three residencies is the Park Theater — a 5,200-seat venue at the Park MGM.

Gaga announced her 27-show run on Aug. 13, Aerosmith went public with its 18 dates on Aug. 24, and Spears revealed her new 32-concert series on Oct. 26.

Source: NY Post

Available seats: https://imgur.com/a/RK3sD0x

nnnnnnngggggggg they better release some NEW promo soon to hype it up

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

We are on the last day of October, the show starts in February. Vegas residencies are not like a tour, this was already spoken on back in 2013.

The show will be fine

Tickets for POM went on sale Sept 20th and by Sept 25th 70K were sold out of the 73.6K tickets available for the first 16 shows. It is underwhelming comparing it with her own previous residency (and even more when it has the same amount of time that POM had between the day the tickets went on sale and the first POM show).

In case you need receipts because I can actually back up my words: https://m.tmz.com/#!2013/09/25/britney-spears-ticket-sales-las-vegas-planet-hollywood/

Fact is, no self-respecting Britney fan is going to go opening night, because if they've been a fan long enough (or are the type to at least do some research first), its well known that the opening night is still basically a dress rehearsal for her, and it won't be that great compared to later dates. I suspect a lot of people are opting for later dates when Britney's warmed up to whatever new routine they have, if it is new.

But hey. Maybe her fans have learned how to actually make her team listen. :tifflmao: I doubt it, though. Feels like its still way too early to call.

yes.. actually this make me happy...

SORRY BUT THE ONLY WAY FOR THEY TO START TO FOCUS IN NEW MUSIC (and a decent video) IS IF WE MAKE THEM REALIZE THAT SOMETHING NEW HAVE TO BE BROUGHT  TO THE TABLE.. #NoMusicNoTICKETS

so YESSSSSS !!!! lets MAKE THEM BE THE ONE WHO HAS TO WAIT AND SEE at least for once :) 

I think it also has to do a lot with the date. 2013's opening night was near New Year's Eve. 

For more than Jordan and all the Exhalers kept talking about Valentine's day as the ultimate date, I don't really see anything especial about it, like I never think of "ooh, Valentine's day, let's go to see a show in Vegas to celebrate"  :idkney:

But yeah, POM had an actual announcement, as messy as it was, there were tons of interviews, there was a single, and album coming out, a documentary, she traveled to Europe, she did many things that didn't happen this time around, so I don't think it's gonna sell out until a few days later, if ever.

Archived