vma 2007 question

troubleguy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2007 the vmas were divided into many little stages from different places at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas, JT performed somewhere else far from the main stage where Britney performed, so if he did see her performance it must have been on a live television airing, not live. Plus, Britney left the building as soon as she finished her performance. 

1 hour ago, stateofgracebritney said:

I am probably the only fan who thinks Gimme More was great in 2007

The song or the performance? The song remains one of my top 5 Britney singles ever. Iconic! 

The VMA 2007. I still remember when it aired live. I had been following the buildup to that night that whole summer from the moment I found out Britney was returning to take her rightful throne as Queen of VMAS. 2007 had been a shaky year for reasons we all know. But with K-Fed in the past, and rumors of some sort of collaboration with Criss Angel for the performance circulating, it gave me enough reason to be hopeful. The new single, new era, I was all the way ready for her return. I wanted it so bad. 

Come Sunday night of the VMAS, I  was too ready. My two besties and I gathered in his basement for this special moment, because he had the huge HD tv. You know that certain tingle in your belly that comes with anticipating something really exciting? And then it happened. The first shot of the back of her weave. Gulp.

:wontcry:

19 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

The song or the performance? The song remains one of my top 5 Britney singles ever. Iconic! 

The VMA 2007. I still remember when it aired live. I had been following the buildup to that night that whole summer from the moment I found out Britney was returning to take her rightful throne as Queen of VMAS. 2007 had been a shaky year for reasons we all know. But with K-Fed in the past, and rumors of some sort of collaboration with Criss Angel for the performance circulating, it gave me enough reason to be hopeful. The new single, new era, I was all the way ready for her return. I wanted it so bad. 

Come Sunday night of the VMAS, I  was too ready. My two besties and I gathered in his basement for this special moment, because he had the huge HD tv. You know that certain tingle in your belly that comes with anticipating something really exciting? And then it happened. The first shot of the back of her weave. Gulp.

:wontcry:

Both! She wasn’t that fat like the people said and if there was just a little more energy, it would be iconic. The choreography bops, have you seen how better the rehearsal is :groovin: 

also, she looked hot hot hot :awyeah:

i would say only the hair should’ve been black like gimme more video and practically the whole blackout era 2006-2007-2008 :gimmemoar: 

2 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Both! She wasn’t that fat like the people said and if there was just a little more energy, it would be iconic. The choreography bops, have you seen how better the rehearsal is :groovin: 

also, she looked hot hot hot :awyeah:

i would say only the hair should’ve been black like gimme more video and practically the whole blackout era 2006-2007-2008 :gimmemoar: 

That era has a special place in my heart. There's a sort of unintentional "rawness" to it all, from the album, to the persona, to the performance and it just works - for me anyway.

Without trying (literally), she made that performance iconic. It's not amazing but it's definitely entertaining.

6 minutes ago, Queenreba said:

That era has a special place in my heart. There's a sort of unintentional "rawness" to it all, from the album, to the persona, to the performance and it just works - for me anyway.

Without trying (literally), she made that performance iconic. It's not amazing but it's definitely entertaining.

Exactly!!!! Blackout was great if you remove the lack of promo.

vmas were actually really bad that year anyway. it was a weird set up and the show was boring, just like in 2004, 2005, 2006...that's why they bought her back because it had been sucking for so long. Anyway, she was the only good thing on the show even though people were really mean about it. it really isn't that bad of a performance. she looks hot. but back them people said she was fat

14 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

I am probably the only fan who thinks Gimme More was great in 2007

Nope. I'm with you. I remember there was so much bitching about her body, outfit and overall look and presence. She performed bad by BRITNEY SPEARS standards (not by Barney Jean) but I thought she looked great for someone who was living the worst days. This was her biggest F U to the world and her handlers. Also, that choreography was awful in itself. With or Without sharp movements. Who choreographed this ****? 

4 hours ago, Britney2003 said:

Nope. I'm with you. I remember there was so much bitching about her body, outfit and overall look and presence. She performed bad by BRITNEY SPEARS standards (not by Barney Jean) but I thought she looked great for someone who was living the worst days. This was her biggest F U to the world and her handlers. Also, that choreography was awful in itself. With or Without sharp movements. Who choreographed this ****? 

Yes! I love it ? 

thhe choreography isn’t awful but I agree it’s not the best. I think even POM choreos are somewhat better :gimmemoar:

11 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

which is crazy considering she looked perfectly thin and healthy that night, especially for today's standards.. :bedtime:

that's true. I will say though that the hip hugging bikini bottoms weren't very flattering... probably on anyone but a victoria's secret model. that and I think the world was ready to tear apart anything she did

1 hour ago, Virgonian said:

I'm more curious to know where was Justin when Britney accepted her award at the 2014 People's Choice Awards?

He was there, but  I can't find videos nor pictures of him sitting in the audience which leads me to believe that he was backstage the whole night.

they avoid each other more than a decade, which is still unsolved mystery

2 minutes ago, troubleguy said:

they avoid each other more than a decade, which is still unsolved mystery

I would say that Justin is the one who has avoided Britney throughout the years.

Britney said that she would like to work with him, and his response didn't feel genuine. I think a part of him is still hurt while Britney has been over it and probably just want to reunite with an old friend.

Archived