I think we already Deja'd this Vu. Weird theory just popped into my head regarding her discography

BritneysBitch82

1 minute ago, Nando. said:

I can agree to that but it was definitely after. She shaved her head in february 2007 the album came at the end of the year. She produced it during it but it was released after, the music videos came after. etc, so blackout is post breakdown.

the whole promisses thing and police taking away her children happened early 2008. She wasnt even available for the break the ice vid. thats why its animated. I would say its during. but a weird thing to discuss anyways

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, stateofgracebritney said:

Yes, the breakdown started in 2006, however it isn’t 100% related to the head shaving. It began a year before.

Of course. I was just mentioning the head shaving cause the person I was quoting said blackout happened during the pinnacle of the breakdown. The pinnacle of the breakdown is the head shaving, obviously.

1 minute ago, Breathe on me u toxicbitch said:

the whole promisses thing and police taking away her children happened early 2008. She wasnt even available for the break the ice vid. thats why its animated. I would say its during. but a weird thing to discuss anyways

Ok but we can def agree Blackout did not happen during prime britney like the op mentioned lol

1. Primeney ended in June 2004 when see did that one last Onyx Hotel Tour date, in terms of mvs she died in 2005 with Do Somethin so Blackout is post breakdown 

2. By 2008, she was still under Jive, which ultimately was Sony Music (just as RCA) but those two brsnches weren’t united so far. 

3. Maybe you are right, they wanted to release poppy music but most important due to her bad image, they wanted to clean her 07 reputation so releasing a more soft and catchy tunes than Blackout was a MUST! 

4. Her sexualized image has been her signature, ofc she's not the only one but after all the drama in 07/08 a fb after two babies proving everybody she was in a good shape 

It's funny but your analogy does make sense, good thread :cardi:

14 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

17 minutes ago, Nando. said:

21 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

i think most  everyone would agree that it is DURING breakdown. released at the pinnacle.

13 minutes ago, Breathe on me u toxicbitch said:

Yeah, now that I really think of it, BO album could be looked as her “breakdown era.” From its production to the BTI video, the time frame encapsulates the dark years in Britney’s saga. It doesn’t make sense to classify it with her first 4 albums, and considering Circus as her comeback, it doesn’t make sense to place it as post-breakdown.

6 hours ago, Khoazie said:

This is the good kind of reaching though. As a fellow reacher myself, keep it up boo! 

To speak to your point about looking at Britney’s career as pre-breakdown versus post-breakdown , the only era that’s a bit iffy for me is BO. If we are referring to her literal breakdown, the 5150 hospitalizations of early 2008, then I can see why BO would be placed in the “pre-breakdown” category. But I tend to think of her “breakdown” as being that whole period from her divorce to her hospitalization, end of 2006 to 2008. To me, ITZ was the last album that fits cleanly into her pre-breakdown era. 

I guess in some ways, BO could almost be looked at as the “lost Britney Spears album.”  Fans and a small part of the GP know about it, but otherwise it’s almost the forgotten Britney album. What do you think?

Your right tho, BO is actually part of the the breakdown, but i kinda placed it in the part breakdown section because its still before the comeback. But your right, it sits somewhere in the middle of the two eras 

3 hours ago, Khoazie said:

Yeah, now that I really think of it, BO album could be looked as her “breakdown era.” From its production to the BTI video, the time frame encapsulates the dark years in Britney’s saga. It doesn’t make sense to classify it with her first 4 albums, and considering Circus as her comeback, it doesn’t make sense to place it as post-breakdown.

I guess i placed BO in the prebreakdown category because she was still running on the momentum of her career. She is still the Britney that is Primeney. Afterwards, she seemed like a different person, like an almost accurate replica of the one before, but not as lively, not as creative or passionate. But yeah, BO sits comfortably in the middle somewhere. 

5 hours ago, Breathe on me u toxicbitch said:

Pretty interesting and i thought exactly the same about Circus.

Only thing I guess is wrong: Work ***** was the lead single of BJ and it was produced by a dutch DJ (Otto Knows). We can't concider Scream and Shout as the leadsingle of BJ. So the Ias4U comparison doesnt work.

But really nice text :)

I meant Slave and Work ***** lol  I actually credited Will. I. AM for the whole thing :unreal:didn't know someone else was involved. 

2 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

I guess i placed BO in the prebreakdown category because she was still running on the momentum of her career. She is still the Britney that is Primeney. Afterwards, she seemed like a different person, like an almost accurate replica of the one before, but not as lively, not as creative or passionate. But yeah, BO sits comfortably in the middle somewhere. 

Yeah, BO Britney may have been messy and all over the place, but there was still somewhat of spark in her eyes, albeit fading but still there. In her GM video, you could still see it. POM video, the spark was still there but hanging on by a thin thread. By spark, I mean that certain fierceness tinged with some rebelliousness that was always present in Primeney. I get what you’re saying. 

Britney during Circus era was seemingly restored to health on the surface, but real fans saw that something was off. The spark was missing. Almost like PTSD? In Womanizer, you couldn’t see it as much because she looked so gorgeous and I think for a moment there that spark reappeared. But I think the Circus video was when her eyes started to really show the missing spark. From then on, something about her eyes always seemed so sad, and glazed over. :wontcry:

3 hours ago, nels64 said:

I think BO is definitely post-breakdown and was going to say the same thing. But it very much also is the closing chapter of her first 5 albums.  Circus does feel like a new beginning in many ways and the similarities to BOMT are there. 

I also really like looking at the albums in pairs. They fit so well together when looked at as such. 

BOMT-OIDIA

Britney-ITZ

BO-Circus

FF-BJ

Glory-B10

That’s an interesting point about BO being the closing chapter of her first four eras. It makes a lot of sense considering the last track is WSIBS, a song about the end of her marriage to K-fed, her first and only real marriage (let’s forget the 55 hour fiasco). And if I recall, the original GM video treatment had something to do with a funeral and the death of her former self? You could almost see BO as the true loss of innocence of Britney.

4 hours ago, Million Billion said:

1. Primeney ended in June 2004 when see did that one last Onyx Hotel Tour date, in terms of mvs she died in 2005 with Do Somethin so Blackout is post breakdown 

2. By 2008, she was still under Jive, which ultimately was Sony Music (just as RCA) but those two brsnches weren’t united so far. 

3. Maybe you are right, they wanted to release poppy music but most important due to her bad image, they wanted to clean her 07 reputation so releasing a more soft and catchy tunes than Blackout was a MUST! 

4. Her sexualized image has been her signature, ofc she's not the only one but after all the drama in 07/08 a fb after two babies proving everybody she was in a good shape 

It's funny but your analogy does make sense, good thread :cardi:

I kinda grouped BO in with the former since it just feels like part of Primeney to me. 

Lol also just referred to Jive, Zomba whatever it was called as RCA for simplicity sake since she didn't actually jump onto a brand new label since her debut 

Her image was always ******, but the other eras were more like teasing. It was soft, sensual, coy. ITZ was aggressive, powerful almost dominatrix-like. And she wore underwear like it was outerwear 

1 hour ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

Her image was always ******, but the other eras were more like teasing. It was soft, sensual, coy. ITZ was aggressive, powerful almost dominatrix-like. And she wore underwear like it was outerwear 

ITZ was ******** aggressive and forward, and powerful, but something about it was still soft and sensual at the same time for me. Like, she sang about ************ but it wasn’t raunchy. But yeah, she was getting into her kinkier side as we saw with her OHT tour performance of TOMH. 

I feel like BO was when she really abandoned that soft, sensual, and coy side so to speak. To me, BO was her true dominatrix/nymphomaniac side. In Get Naked, she literally sounds like she is fingering herself lol

So I guess if ITZ she was wearing underwear as outerwear, then BO she wasn’t wearing ANY underwear 

:raven:

47 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

ITZ was ******** aggressive and forward, and powerful, but something about it was still soft and sensual at the same time for me. Like, she sang about ************ but it was wasn’t raunchy. But yeah, she was getting into her kinkier side as we saw with her OHT tour performance of TOMH. 

I feel like BO was when she really abandoned that soft, sensual, and coy side so to speak. To me, BO was her true dominatrix/nymphomaniac side. In Get Naked, she literally sounds like she is fingering herself lol

So I guess if ITZ she was wearing underwear as outerwear, then BO she wasn’t wearing ANY underwear 

:raven:

Lmao :OMGney:this is true

43 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

I kinda grouped BO in with the former since it just feels like part of Primeney to me

How could someone be on her/his prime after she went through 2007? :ehum:

Her gold days are divided by the giant gap from 04 to 07. 

36 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

ITZ was ******** aggressive and forward, and powerful, but something about it was still soft and sensual at the same time for me. Like, she sang about ************ but it was wasn’t raunchy. 

Total yes. You would think that talking about ************ would be something gross or inappropriate but she made it look so delicate and sultry by using those violins in reverse, the little techo elements, her classic falsettos, the analogies in the lyrics, she never adressed "putting her fingers in her ******" LoL she simply made subtle descriptions of what seeing her beauty in herself was like, and lets not get into the live performance...... :endit:

I hate y’all. I remember posting this EXACT same thing when’s a pretty girls came out and y’all LAUGHED AT ME

i found the intro to pretty girls similar to MATM and it got me thinking the same points you mentioned. Glory wasn’t out yet obvi but it did end up turning into her most experimental album since itz

also, Larry did say Domination is going to be edgier and more urban or whatever. If there is an album in the works (which we have no knowing of) could the album possibly take this direction also? Finally culminating in BO 2.0?

Archived