Melissa Joan Hart interview clip talking about Britney (2015)

Randomly rewatched this clip of a Melissa Joan Hart interview from 2015, where she talks about working with Britney circa (You Drive Me) Crazy:

Random thoughts:

-MJH and Brit had great chemistry, I remember thinking they would so be squirrel friends in real life in the late 90s

-I forgot how big MJH was for a period in the 90s

-Britney’s work schedule though :xfactorlook:

-I remember that summer when the Making the Video for Crazy aired, I knew full well that Britney was not in the movie You Drive Me Crazy, and just her song for the soundtrack. I wasn’t much of a MJH or Adrien Grenier fan. But having Crazy as the movie theme song was enough to get me to see it in theater, lol.

-I was unimpressed with the movie, and I was all about the teen flick/rom-com wave during that time with movies such as Never Been Kissed, She’s All That, Can’t Hardly Wait, Jawbreakers, Bring It On, Ten Things I Hate About You ❤️

-This made me revisit the Crazy video:

Spoiler

God I love me some vintage Britney in pigtails. Can we talk about the late 90s fashion though? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

Thanks for posting! I haven't seen this particular interview before but I have heard MJH share that story.  It's pretty sad. Like, damn.

And that's how y'all want her to work now? No wonder she quit doing all that press and etc over a decade ago. She had no time to herself!

Britney always said how much she values her personal time and private life. One of the things I remember most about Primeney was how close she was to her sister JL. They were constantly seen together. Like any human being at that age, she wanted to do normal stuff like chill with girlfriends, date, eat Cheetos and stuff like that. Of course, she had to sacrifice a lot of that in order to be Primeney. It’s a lifestyle that very few people truly comprehend unless they are in it. I can only imagine how exhausting that sort of rigorous schedule must have gotten after a while. Not to mention the incredible pressures that come with that level of fame.  

Archived