Discussion: Will Britney Put Out A New Album Before 'Domination' Starts?

clueless

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we do, the album will recieve even less promo than Glory did since the DOM would take precedence. I think everyone makes more money with residencies than with albums so priority would be there. In a perfect world, she took a damn break of atleast 6 months. And during that period just lived a little, wrote poems, painted, danced, sang to herself. Learned more about the world and the business, watched her peers perform, watched the newbies perform. Get inspired again, form an opinion again and Then take that into the recording studio. Do tons of promo  for the album and THEN return to Vegas with a brand new show, new concept, entirely new setlist incorporating singles she ignores, fan fav album tracks, a janet jackson cover, ect and hopefully a more mature style of putting on a show that involves at least a few live moments with the rest pre recorded

I really don't know anymore.

If it is coming, it SHOULD come around January, maybe? That would be the 20th anniversary of BOMT album. (Damn, it just sunk on me that it's been TWENTY years :idkney: ). If not then they should wait till the first break, which would be March, but, who knows if they're even planning to release something.

The shoulds never apply with Britney's team, so... I just don't see anything coming out, in let's say, December or November

New music would be cool, but Britney isn’t really an artist anymore, just a figurehead of a faded former star’s legacy.  So, I doubt anything new would even sell at this point enough to actually make it worth Team B’s while.  Let’s be honest, it would flop hard with the severe lack of promo.  Do we honestly want to be a bigger joke as a fandom? :wontcry: 

Don’t get me wrong, I always hold out a shred of hope for another Blackout, but we are down to like, 2% hype and 0.5% actual  effort from Brit, and even less GP interest in her confused identity.  As much as some people on here go on and on about Glory being some kind of Holy Grail, it tanked and is forgettable. No one was here for that mess.  Only 3 songs were actually sorta good, but mostly all boring filler, including Slumber Party that was a “fan fav” for some bizarre reason despite the painfully juvenile lyrics.  Visuals were cute but I preferred the commercials for her perfumes like Private Show... :whatitellu:

Long story short: expect nothing anymore and that’s probably the most you’ll get.  At least you won’t be disappointed when you have no passion or investment.  

My common sense tells me there’ll be no album any time soon but then again I don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility:

1. She has been recording for a long time, and probably a lot more than we know about. She has already confirmed - twice - that she DOES have plans to release an album soon, but the plans are secret for now. It could be entirely possible that they’ll throw the album out out of nowhere. 

2. March marks the end of the financial year, so RCA may want a little boost with their end of year numbers. That’s why Femme Fatale was released when it was.

Ultimately, though, Britney’s career has become such a cataclysmic string of disappointments that I have now trained myself to expect the worst with every single thing she does. So maybe we’ll get an album in 2020 if we’re lucky.

Archived