What were the most impressive choreographies from POM?

armrunner1998

Now that Piece of Me is (finally) over and we have some room to look back at it retrospectively before Domination begins, what choreographies from the show do you think stand out most for being good? For me, these are my highlights:

-Work ***** choruses (especially after she started doing the same floor moves as her dancers in 2016)

-Womanizer breakdown

-Original BTI chorus choreography (the one she SLAYED in Feb 2014)

-Piece of Me bridge (when her and her dancers are on the steps)

-Original BOMT dance break (before it became tics in 2017...)

-Gimme More chorus (even though it's kind of funny-looking, at least its high energy/complicated!)

-Original MATM choreography (she always does it really well)

-Slave breakdown (of course... a classic)

-Toxic breakdown (the hair whipping one - this was insane in mid-2015)

-The Toxic chorus choreo she did at the BBMA's

-Original Circus breakdown

-BOM - like, all of the choreo (it seems to flow together really well, def a highlight!)

What do you guys think?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao have the 'I miss POM' threads started so early? :tiffcackle:
Anyways, I'd say

• Work ***** wins this from afar. It was reinvigorating seeing Britney do actual choreo ever since 2006 in a video, and watching it live it would always stand out, from any pom
  • Me Against The Music: She brought parts from the original after so long, it was nice to watch it being performed on stage, first time since Onyx Hotel
  • Break The Ice (Original): She slayed it HARD during some dates, before it got watered down
  • Toxic (BBMA / NYE Special) : It's actually better than the "original" one for most of it, too bad it only happened in one date :/
  • Gimme More: It was pretty decent, even though the full act was more interesting during FF, I like the POM choreo more.
3 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Anyways, I'd say

• Work ***** wins this from afar. It was reinvigorating seeing Britney do actual choreo ever since 2006 in a video, and watching it live it would always stand out, from any pom
  • Me Against The Music: She brought parts from the original after so long, it was nice to watch it being performed on stage, first time since Onyx Hotel
  • Break The Ice (Original): She slayed it HARD during some dates, before it got watered down
  • Toxic (BBMA / NYE Special) : It's actually better than the "original" one for most of it, too bad it only happened in one date :/
  • Gimme More: It was pretty decent, even though the full act was more interesting during FF, I like the POM choreo more.

Oh dear lord I don't miss POM :hiii: but it was ultimately a long era/part of her career and a lot happened, so it's cool to look back at it!

I love the Slumber Party floor choreo when she does it right.

Work ***** is by far the best performance, with dancing throughout and actually doing the full original routine, which she hasn't done a lot since 2004.

Glad you shouted out the Circus break. At the start of the residency when she was hitting the moves it was actually a decent performance.

I agree that Gimme More is weird, but overall it is good.

Clumsy and CYM are very decent.

I enjoyed the original MATM break she scrapped.

I also loved the original POM steps choreo but she never really did it properly.

Also the start of TTWE on the floor was a really nice, simple intro to the song, but of course she cut it, too.

I liked the Pretty Girls choreo too.

Her first few performances of DYWCO were decent.

A lot of the choreo isn't just ****, it's downright weird. The Stronger break, the new BOMT break, all of womanizer, TTWE/Crazy/Toxic choreo, Boys choreo is all so bad and ugly to watch on Britney. The moves literally don't make sense to look at.

5 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

Anyways, I'd say

Weird no one correct you, but MATM was last performed in Circus Tour, not Onyx Hotel. Unless you mean the dance moves...

5 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

I love the Slumber Party floor choreo when she does it right.

Work ***** is by far the best performance, with dancing throughout and actually doing the full original routine, which she hasn't done a lot since 2004.

Glad you shouted out the Circus break. At the start of the residency when she was hitting the moves it was actually a decent performance.

I agree that Gimme More is weird, but overall it is good.

Clumsy and CYM are very decent.

I enjoyed the original MATM break she scrapped.

I also loved the original POM steps choreo but she never really did it properly.

Also the start of TTWE on the floor was a really nice, simple intro to the song, but of course she cut it, too.

I liked the Pretty Girls choreo too.

Her first few performances of DYWCO were decent.

A lot of the choreo isn't just ****, it's downright weird. The Stronger break, the new BOMT break, all of womanizer, TTWE/Crazy/Toxic choreo, Boys choreo is all so bad and ugly to watch on Britney. The moves literally don't make sense to look at.

Yes! This is spot on. I think Work ***** is the only song where her choreo is actually a lot BETTER than the beginning of the residency? But yeah, otherwise everything has kind of declined. She cut so much choreo unnecessarily (Circus break, MATM break, TTWE break, POM intro) and none of it was even very hard? :decisions: Cutting the BTI original choreo makes sense, I guess... but still.

And yes, the choreo she has maintained is WEIRD! Watching the Gimme More breakdown almost looks like an arm seizure or something, while Stronger is straight up zumba. The new BOMT break is essentially a collection of some of her tics, and while the Womanizer breakdown started out pretty epic and full of energy, 2017 and 2018ney of course cut down on that and instead introduced a bunch of awkward hair touches. And don't even get me started on the Pharrell part in Boys... that repetitive arm-throwing move is so strange. Who choreographed her show? And are they not doing Domination (Please...)

Archived