The Official Britney Spears Las Vegas Residency Announcement Thread

summer2summer

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ozzy8923 said:

Most stars just announce their show with a tweet. Britney's team went out of their way to make this announcement eventful & build hype, which I appreciate. I agree a speech could have been given but I don't think it's a huge deal, especially since whatever she was going to say, we already knew from the poster. 

I totallyyyyyy disagree. That's like saying, 'she doesn't need to dance, we saw her dance well on instagram' 'she doesn't need to sing, she sings in the studio (sorry Myah)'.

Not only is it rude to the people who waiting it's just so useless, visually, narrative wise, everything.

She slowly rose from the stairs. Grimaced, then was directed from point A to point B by her handlers. A bodyguard ****** some fan's record out of her way on the red carpet. She was half-way to her private jet by the time Work ***** ended. The host, crew etc all looked like what the **** just happened, the exact same way they did 5 years ago in the desert.

We don't expect performances, heart-filled speeches, even for her to look great anymore. But to not not actually say a single WORD at her announcement? Like wow. That is beyond ridiculous for me. Not even like a 'how awful is britney?!' sort of way, just a how stupid are she and her team? What on earth kinda marketing is this?! How will her awkward appearance on Ellen and now this entice anyone to buy into her brand. Literally every (rare) appearance by her is trash.

I don't get how someone who was once marketed and presented to PERFECTION is now marketed so so badly. I'm confused more than anything else.

Ok this will sound too good to be true.... :cuteidk:

Maybe the next album is actually called Domination and she might release it on January 12,2019 when is the 20th anniversary of BOMT!

Also that's 1 month before the beginning of the new residency so they might think that's the right time for promotion :raven:

And she might announce it at the Grand Prix :overwhelm:

Feel free to express your opinion :kiss:

OK let me say what my thoughst are...

I believe this was Park MGM's idea. The projection on their hotel + Britney coming up from the floor and just leaving, it sounds like some hotel dude came up with this idea. probably because the hotel director was the one doing the interviews and stuff. really pathetic for Britney. She should have not come if this is all she was doing. Her publicist sucks so bad, he's basically screaming in her ear what to do. shut the F up. when she said hi to the guy reporter it was laughable. It's ridicuous how they were rushing for her to leave... LIVE IN THE MOMENT, LET HER DO HER THING. She dressed up for this.

Her team is worse than I thought. All they care about nowadays is to sell tickets and make money while Britney is working her *** off reheasing and performing. and if she fails they blame her. She needs a new management team.

It wasn't that bad though. At least everythiing went smoothly but I hated the hype, the rush of leaving and the fact that there were hundrerds of fans waiting for this stupid projection nobody appreciates. It's not Britney's fault in the end, at least she smiled and was willing to sign autographs but she lets her team direct her too much. 

2 minutes ago, BSfemme said:

I believe this was Park MGM's idea. The projection on their hotel + Britney coming up from the floor and just leaving, it sounds like some hotel dude came up with this idea. probably because the hotel director was the one doing the interviews and stuff. really pathetic for Britney. She should have not come if this is all she was doing. Her publicist sucks so bad, he's basically screaming in her ear what to do. shut the F up. when she said hi to the guy reporter it was laughable. It's ridicuous how they were rushing for her to leave... LIVE IN THE MOMENT, LET HER DO HER THING. She dressed up for this.

Her team is worse than I thought. All they care about nowadays is to sell tickets and make money while Britney is working her *** off reheasing and performing. and if she fails they blame her. She needs a new management team.

It wasn't that bad though. At least everythiing went smoothly but I hated the hype, the rush of leaving and the fact that there were hundrerds of fans waiting for this stupid projection nobody appreciates. It's not Britney's fault in the end, at least she smiled and was willing to sign autographs but she lets her team direct her too much. 

Leaving like that is probably exactly what Britney wanted to do though, you know she hates stuff like this.

13 minutes ago, joanhs said:

I'm only excited for the Mario Lopez interview...

...That we will get as a 5 part staggered interview over the next few weeks. Where they will update each other on their kids & how excited Brit is- to be able to dine back at Mr Chows, her favourite restaurant on the strip.

And for new music? We’ll have to ‘wait and see...’

:imdying:

6 minutes ago, BSfemme said:

Maybe she can't expose herself for too long at crowded public spaces. Maybe it's for security reasons, it's the street after all :mhmnod:

2 minutes ago, BSfemme said:

Seriously though, they could’ve let her take a leisurely stroll. A few more minutes? They had her make a mad dash to her vehicle I got anxiety seeing it. And the camera work, was so poorly planned. The back and forth between the host guy looking confused and the crowds was beyond awkward but so delicious lol. And then the shot of the crew guys jumping off the thing, I can’t lol! Amazing!

27 minutes ago, Hypnotherapy said:

I totallyyyyyy disagree. That's like saying, 'she doesn't need to dance, we saw her dance well on instagram' 'she doesn't need to sing, she sings in the studio (sorry Myah)'.

Not only is it rude to the people who waiting it's just so useless, visually, narrative wise, everything.

She slowly rose from the stairs. Grimaced, then was directed from point A to point B by her handlers. A bodyguard ****** some fan's record out of her way on the red carpet. She was half-way to her private jet by the time Work ***** ended. The host, crew etc all looked like what the **** just happened, the exact same way they did 5 years ago in the desert.

We don't expect performances, heart-filled speeches, even for her to look great anymore. But to not not actually say a single WORD at her announcement? Like wow. That is beyond ridiculous for me. Not even like a 'how awful is britney?!' sort of way, just a how stupid are she and her team? What on earth kinda marketing is this?! How will her awkward appearance on Ellen and now this entice anyone to buy into her brand. Literally every (rare) appearance by her is trash.

I don't get how someone who was once marketed and presented to PERFECTION is now marketed so so badly. I'm confused more than anything else.

They were probably hoping for the production value of the announcement to compensate for any shortcomings. At least that's why I think they would believe that no speech would be acceptable. It's not surprising, because, as you said, it happened 5 years ago (to my knowledge there was no speech for that announcement either). But that announcement was enough to sell the first few legs of Piece of Me so I suppose they figured it would work for round 2.

But, like I said, this was still more than I expected. 

Archived