I feel like we don't know who Britney is anymore

AndyFoster

I'm not talking about the way she looks, I'm talking about her as a person, Britney Jean Spears.

i've never felt (as a fan), so disconnected from her, which is so sad to say. I know her anxieties and insecurities have made her this way, but I just don't recognise her anymore. 

The last time I recognised her was the little speech she did in POM before she sang Something To Talk About. THAT was Britney opening up to us and I had really missed it.

I remember the letters she used to write before or during the breakdown and she basically told us how much she loves us, her fans. But I don't feel that she feels that way anymore, I don't know if she even appreciates us as fans anymore, never mind loving her fans.

I don't want to know the ins and outs of her life, she has always had some mystery to her which has been great, but it would be nice for her to just let us in a little bit rather than having a huge wall built up around her.

Sorry, I'm sick in bed and cranky and I just needed to vent!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, we have no idea who she is as a person. I can't stop thinking about that. :(

I watched Chaotic the other day and even though I loved her personality way too much, I could see no similarities at all with current Britney. At all. Not even slightly. An entirely different person :decisions:

We even knew Blackoutney better.

Circusney was sad but passionate (ftr), FFney was anxious and awkward af but we could still say as fans we know her, BJney was adorable and calm... Gloryney, we've no idea.

We badly need a new documentary. :pensiveney:

On the other hand, I think she has done this on purpose. It's her way to keep her life private, she was always so exposed that her way to be private now is to hide everything, including who she is.

i watched 'stages' last night and the diane sawyer interview. one of the complaints from her and Felicia is that her private life is all she has left, she was such a huge star and she was being hounded by the media about everything - her image, Justin, Fred Durst, Colin Farrell, her *** life... i'm not surprised she keeps everything wrapped up securely now :nochillbrit:

1 hour ago, kasavas said:

I know, we have no idea who she is as a person. I can't stop thinking about that. :(

I watched Chaotic the other day and even though I loved her personality way too much, I could see no similarities at all with current Britney. At all. Not even slightly. An entirely different person :decisions:

Circusney was sad but passionate (ftr), FFney was anxious and awkward af but we could still say as fans we know her, BJney was adorable and calm... Gloryney, we've no idea.

On the other hand, I think she has done this on purpose. It's her way to keep her life private, she was always so exposed that her way to be private now is to hide everything, including who she is.

The thing that bothers me more is that I'm almost certain she is still that same goofball we all loved, but we just wouldn't know as we don't have any opportunity to see it.

2 minutes ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

i watched 'stages' last night and the diane sawyer interview. one of the complaints from her and Felicia is that her private life is all she has left, she was such a huge star and she was being hounded by the media about everything - her image, Justin, Fred Durst, Colin Farrell, her *** life... i'm not surprised she keeps everything wrapped up securely now :nochillbrit:

I agree 100% that she was overexposed and her private life should be kept private. But she could still communicate with US on a more personal level, she doesn't need to tell us what sge had for dinner the night before, but maybe once in a while just keep us in the loop and maybe care about how her fans are doing in general. idk

10 minutes ago, AndyFoster said:

The thing that bothers me more is that I'm almost certain she is still that same goofball we all loved, but we just wouldn't know as we don't have any opportunity to see it.

it makes me love her a bit less sometimes because I can't feel as connected, you know?

and with all the terrible M&G stories during the residency and stuff, and the whole "don't look at her directly in the eyes" thing the freakshow victims said...as a fan I just want to know what she's like. :nervousney:

2 hours ago, kasavas said:

This, i agree with everything you said. Plus im dying for a new documentary 

2 hours ago, kasavas said:

This tho. I think this is what she worked so hard for all these years after the breakdown :mhm:

I miss Britney! 

But ive invested 20 years in her, plus I love her music. Even if I know nothing about her anymore I still think she’s great! 

Just wish she had some passion, and if she still wants to be in music, amazing! She needs to up her game. If not then I hope she’s happy and able to retire and enjoy her money with her beautiful boys 

Archived