If someone would have said in 2007/2008 thay Britney spears would still be alive in 2018 would you have believed that

Belgian Britney Fan

Stuff like this is hard to talk about because I can't help comparing them to stories of other troubled celebs I like/have liked throughout the years. "Troubled" goes through the line, could be any troubles.

I look at Falco and it's a miracle the man lasted as long as he did because the candle was burning at both ends. 

I've recently gotten into The Carpenters music and Karen was dying on camera pretty much. Maybe the outcome with her eating disorder would've been better if she'd gotten help earlier. But looking at the way she looked, I would think people would have the attitude that "The damage has been done and this won't be a happy ending." It shocks me when I'm watching documentaries and seeing somebody say something like "We didn't think she'd die!" I get the 'hope for the best' stuff but when reality is staring you in the face, how can you put your head up your *** for that?

Look at somebody like Amy Winehouse and the conflicting feelings about her death. She was going through a lot of troubles and it's a surprise when she died but you can't really say it was a shock either. 

I think of George Michael and the troubles he went through. The poor ******* just kept getting into car wrecks and I was worried that one day he'd press his luck too many times and that would take his life. He made it through that battle and it was a shock when he passed away recently.

When it concerns Britney, things were off the wall. And honestly I wouldn't have been surprised to get online or turn the tv on and see that the worst case scenario did happen. It was that bad in my eyes. And that's only what people could see. There's no telling how bad things were behind closed doors. 

To answer your question about if somebody told me in 2007/08 that she'd still be alive today and if I'd believe them, I'm iffy about the answer. I can't dodge that feeling I was talking about of 'worst case scenario'. At the same time, Britney also had something that none of the other people I was talking about had. She has her two sons and that might be a lifeline for her. 'I live because of them, I get out of bed for them, etc.' 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no. I remember waking up everyday and dreading going online to see that she either overdosed or committed suicide. in all honestly, there were points in 2007, like when I saw pictures of her in the stretcher being lifted into the ambulance, where I genuinely thought  she wasn't going to see 2008. horrible times!! :crying1:

41 minutes ago, Good4Ya said:

Yes, why not? It’s not like she was gonna leave her children alone forever. She might have not been the best mom in the world, but... leaving this world? No way.

It’s not like people always have a choice xD

I personally was quite worried then at some point and that hit me when newsreporters here in Holland said “we hope we don’t have to report something worse soon”. 

Maybe suicide, maybe an overdose, maybe an accident because of the paparazzi, maybe because of dark people she let in her life. She was hospitalized a few times and her behaviour was extremely unhealthy. Being worried about her life back then was only normal, so when people say other people are overreacting then they either didn’t experience that time or just don’t get it, too naive. How many celebs have actually died during times like that. I think it was only realistic to be worried. The people around her clearly were. She’s an adult who’s dad had all rights over her.

Archived