Britney: Queer Icon

1 minute ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

What does that prove? We are dumb.

Why call someone who does not give us recognition publicly as others a gay icon?

For me she isn't because of that and I can't wrap my head around why everyone just goes with the flow instead of questioning her legitimacy as a gay icon.

I don’t think people are just going with the flow without questioning her legitimacy. LGBTQ people are some of the biggest thinkers around and are often the first people to question any status quo. 

There are plenty of ways to be a gay icon besides fighting for political rights. With Britney, it’s more about being an inspiration to queer people. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Khoazie said:

I read somewhere once that studies show similarities between the female brain and gay male brain? I think gay men also relate to a lot of the way straight women struggle with in society 

Yep. Both are demonized for their sexuality. It really all comes down to ***. And stone age mentalities about ***. About how the alpha male gets the females. Men are ment to be at the top. Meant to dominate. *** is about power. Women should not have it, or own it because that takes away from a mans ego. The thing that has been cemented into little boys for generations. And similarly, a man should not give up his power to another man. This is why bottoms and fems are so looked down upon even by gays. Society is still so ********. 

Archived