Charli XCX And Troye Sivan Reference "Baby One More Time" In New Song "1999"

icarusfalls

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Goku said:

-through bops and subs. Poetry. :kiss:

Oh, and 1999 has more streams then Make Me and Work *****. Oops! :kiss:

But sales don't really matter, quality is the real deal and her mixtapes are more interesting, well produced and fun then Britney's 3 albums. #Facts :lessons:

Number 1 Angel is amazing

**** song but the video is creative, I’ll give her that. Never really been a Charli XBOX fan and don’t have any plans to listen to her albums. I’m not even that interested in pop music unless it’s Britney or something from the 80s, 90s or early 2000s. Aside from some moments in 2016 and 2017, music has literally been **** since 2015.:joanne:

• 2 months later...

It's a BOP, not sure why there is so much hate on the comments. I love it, very catchy. :makesomenoise:

Charli: "In 1999, I was seven. My No. 1 life goal was just to be blonde and be Baby Spice. I was also just beginning to get into Britney Spears, ‘cause that was like when she first came out. That was a big thing."

"We played the song to Max (Martin). And he called us, and he was like, “You have to change one of the lyrics to, "I just wanna go back, sing 'Hit Me Baby One More Time.’” Which is a genius idea, but also really funny. Because he wrote that song, and it came out in 1999. So I love the self-reference. So it was great. Shout out Max."

Archived