We need answers for Original Doll.

2 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

What is this album about anyway? Jive got stressed when she showed a  preview of Mona Lisa and “cancelled” the album.

But I need answers!

what was the OFFICIAL tracklist? Exhale apparently leaked it a while ago, but we are not sure it’s official. I would say:

Mona Lisa

State of Grace

Just Yesterday

Look Who’s talking now

Rebellion

Do Something

My Prerogative 

Someday

Over To You Now

Let go

But we never actually got an official thing, not even a rumor:crying1: 

was she ever pictured with a Demo CD?

also, is Blackout an actually completely different album or the same OD which was reworked so Jive would let her release it? 

I am not sure about anything

:wontcry:  

I’m having a meltdown for this Album’s waisted potential right now

Gurl, that album would have been her “My December” (Kelly Clarkson’s most personal album that didn’t do well at all) or her Joanne (Gaga’s most personal album that also didn’t do well). Labels know what they’re doing and know the formula to make hits and what the GP wants. Of course given that they actually want the artist to succeed and they’re not done with him/her/them.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I 100% am convinced there was a project planned and Mona Lisa should've been the start. 

But probably her Team & label took control and so they released Blackout instead. I 100% believe also that this was one of the reasons that Brit got out of control SO MUCH. 

Her decisions weren't respected by anyone and she couldn't even release stuff that SHE likes and wants to put out.

We all know what happened...

49 minutes ago, OopsOverprotected said:

I 100% am convinced there was a project planned and Mona Lisa should've been the start. 

But probably her Team & label took control and so they released Blackout instead. I 100% believe also that this was one of the reasons that Brit got out of control SO MUCH. 

Her decisions weren't respected by anyone and she couldn't even release stuff that SHE likes and wants to put out.

Sad ? 

2 hours ago, RavenRose said:

I don't have much to add but my old exhale name around 2007-09 was StateOfGrace and seeing that as a part of your name brought back so many Britney memories from that time:crying3:

Honestly as much as I love the name 'Original Doll', (imagine how theatrical britney would have been with the visuals of the era!) and as much as I would love for everything relating to the album to be released; I think we would be disappointed if we got it now. If we really dissect why we are so curious about it, it boils down to what Britney was channeling in tracks like 'Mona Lisa' and 'Rebellion'. She was angry, she felt like a product and she wanted to do things her way. If OD was a full era we would have most likely had a fiery Britney who was channeling passion like we had never seen, speaking up and out about things she had never done before and controlling her career in a way she had never done before. That's what we link OD with. Since things didn't go as planned, we never got that. If the full recordings for what was suppose to be OD got released right now it would be anticlimactic because Britney is no longer (I'm assuming of course) in that head space, and we never got to see that story while it was happening. Of course, at first blush new unreleased music would be amazing, and yes we could dissect lyrics until the end of time but without the energy of that era it will always fall short of what we think the big mystery of the album is.:yesokay:

What should be a big ordeal around here is the fact that Lynne literally said in her book that brit and justin recorded a song together post 2007.(and I am copying this directly from the book rn) "but now, with years of water under the bridge, they are reuniting- for a song anyways. A duet for one of their new albums" page 195 of Through the Storm by Lynne Spears. That quote made it through writing, editing and printing. So it was in the works for awhile...what happened?? Why do we never speak of this?? This is the real mystery :britstare11:

So we share the same love for State Of Grace!!!! :hugs:

Also I never read Through the Storm, for some reason I think her mom was behind the bad decisions done for Britney at that time.... a huge mystery tho :airpls: 

14 hours ago, OopsOverprotected said:

Completely agree.

15 hours ago, RavenRose said:

I don't have much to add but my old exhale name around 2007-09 was StateOfGrace and seeing that as a part of your name brought back so many Britney memories from that time:crying3:

Honestly as much as I love the name 'Original Doll', (imagine how theatrical britney would have been with the visuals of the era!) and as much as I would love for everything relating to the album to be released; I think we would be disappointed if we got it now. If we really dissect why we are so curious about it, it boils down to what Britney was channeling in tracks like 'Mona Lisa' and 'Rebellion'. She was angry, she felt like a product and she wanted to do things her way. If OD was a full era we would have most likely had a fiery Britney who was channeling passion like we had never seen, speaking up and out about things she had never done before and controlling her career in a way she had never done before. That's what we link OD with. Since things didn't go as planned, we never got that. If the full recordings for what was suppose to be OD got released right now it would be anticlimactic because Britney is no longer (I'm assuming of course) in that head space, and we never got to see that story while it was happening. Of course, at first blush new unreleased music would be amazing, and yes we could dissect lyrics until the end of time but without the energy of that era it will always fall short of what we think the big mystery of the album is.:yesokay:

What should be a big ordeal around here is the fact that Lynne literally said in her book that brit and justin recorded a song together post 2007.(and I am copying this directly from the book rn) "but now, with years of water under the bridge, they are reuniting- for a song anyways. A duet for one of their new albums" page 195 of Through the Storm by Lynne Spears. That quote made it through writing, editing and printing. So it was in the works for awhile...what happened?? Why do we never speak of this?? This is the real mystery :britstare11:

I remember that his has been speaking since mid-2005.Justin's grandmother also commented something.In 2007 Justin was glad that bad things happened to Britney.At that moment I see it impossible and I do not understand why Lynne says it.

• 1 year later...
On 10/3/2018 at 7:39 PM, stateofgracebritney said:

What is this album about anyway? Jive got stressed when she showed a  preview of Mona Lisa and “cancelled” the album.

But I need answers!

what was the OFFICIAL tracklist? Exhale apparently leaked it a while ago, but we are not sure it’s official. I would say:

Mona Lisa

State of Grace

Just Yesterday

Look Who’s talking now

Rebellion

Do Something

My Prerogative 

Someday

Over To You Now

Let go

But we never actually got an official thing, not even a rumor:crying1: 

was she ever pictured with a Demo CD?

also, is Blackout an actually completely different album or the same OD which was reworked so Jive would let her release it? 

I am not sure about anything

:wontcry:  

I’m having a meltdown for this Album’s waisted potential right now

Mona Lisa and Someday were the only songs that were for TOD. Peep Show, ML&H, Ouch, Like Im Fallin (still not leaked), Take Off, Conscious, Over To You Now, Guilty, Love 2 Love U and S.E.X.Y. (still not leaked) are ITZ outtakes but rumored to be on TOD.

State Of Grace, Rebellion, Red Hot Lipstick, Let Go are Blackout outtakes

Little Me is from the Britney album

My Prerogative and Do Something are from the Greatest Hits

LWTN is a ITZ outtakes. 

• Super Mods

I love the title and I love the mood she was going for. I didn’t care for Mona Lisa, I appreciated it for what it was but like I feel meh about it. 

To me, I don’t care too much about it because I know Britney never gives up in her ideas. It just manifest into something else or she shelves it and rework it into a new project and her music gets better because she’s always improving on her ideas. Took her three albums but she finally got her way with Glory. I see many albums in her future and I’m sure she does too so we shouldn’t be hung over just that ONE album you know what I mean. It wouldn’t make sense now and we would just be underwhelmed as I’m sure she was just conceptualizing at that point and Mona Lisa was probably like a teaser to get a feel of how the audience would react to the new sound. Yeah it’s old news by now and pretty sure she has enough life experiences now to make an even better record. 

On 10/3/2018 at 9:54 PM, RavenRose said:

Im thinking what if the duett was State of grace? 

• Super Mods
22 hours ago, Marlean said:

I doubt it, there would be a demo of already. She was briefly working with Justin through Timbaland but that fell through so I doubt any of their work exist since they did not get along and leaving Timbaland scoffing at the whole situation. 

On 2/10/2020 at 3:08 PM, Leolileinstein said:

Mona Lisa and Someday were the only songs that were for TOD. Peep Show, ML&H, Ouch, Like Im Fallin (still not leaked), Take Off, Conscious, Over To You Now, Guilty, Love 2 Love U and S.E.X.Y. (still not leaked) are ITZ outtakes but rumored to be on TOD.

State Of Grace, Rebellion, Red Hot Lipstick, Let Go are Blackout outtakes

Little Me is from the Britney album

My Prerogative and Do Something are from the Greatest Hits

LWTN is a ITZ outtakes. 

Someday wasn't for TOD, the album was pretty much 'abandoned' (if the album was ever set in stone) by that point. Britney wrote the song specifically for the Chaotic EP and for the use on the show.

Little Me definitely wasn't for Britney (album), I mean why would Britney share that snippet of the song on her website in 2006? She obviously had recorded the song that same year. Same goes for Rebellion. 

On 2/11/2020 at 8:48 PM, Marlean said:

I don't think it was State of Grace. There was rumours the two had recorded something together with Timbaland, possibly for Duran Duran's album released in 2007 (I think JT featured on another song on it?). 

i don't think it would've been her best, but she was clearly wanting to experiment. i think the stuff she started churning out in 2006-2007 that was more organic than the blackout final tracklist though would've been an artistic zenith for her (rebellion, crucify me, state of grace, etc)

my question is this, as i've been trying to snoop around and construct a timeline: how many sessions did she have with michelle bell? the songs i'm actually unsure of are almost all michelle bell tracks. didn't she say on her tumblr she was at some point kind of pushing brit to work with obscure producers? like with peep show. i would like to know when those sessions were, because imo they seem to separate from tracks like LWTN which feels like a definite ITZ outtake. i think red hot lipstick was for OD. that and mona lisa are the only two i really really think were. but depending on timeline w michelle bell, i tend to wonder if those tracks were playing with what became her concept for OD even if they weren't for it, or if they were early recording processes between ITZ and GH:MP? like OD alpha or something. also, for some reason i feel like disguise my love was for OD, the lyrics sound a wholeeeee lot like theyre about kevin specifically, and she seems to have gotten pretty comfortable w michelle bell. i wonder if she would communicate w anyone abt the timeline? i know she can't leak more music, but info maybe? i also wonder if anyone has ever spoken to B&A as they said she was writing and calling them with ideas and stuff a lot back then iirc. the song ouch is kind of a question mark to me too, and didnt michelle bell confirm britney played piano on it/composed it? i always saw things from fans saying she had a production credit on it..idk

i tend to think that after GH:MP, this was the case: britney's team was going to let her assume more control. they were giving her no definite due date for an album, and letting her kinda do what she wanted. so they had a clue music was being made, probably heard SOME of it, but had no concrete concepts and songs were still in rough form but being recorded throughout 2004. britney got gassed up by all this--finally having the creative space she had been deprived of since her team f**ked her up w the Shock Your Mind/Crossroads being combined into one album and deleting a bunch of britney-written tracks she put her soul into. she said she wanted (or was?) learning to produce. she was also super happy with kevin at the time, ive read interviews describing how she had been depressed for a while and once she got to know him during the onyx hotel tour she lit up and came back to life. with that, i think she got ahead of herself and definitely her management, had much more of a grand idea for her next album and jumped the gun, played a rough demo to the radio station, dropping release timeframes and an album name when the management hadn't even figured out what the direction of the album and it's name would be let alone when it would be out, and pissed Jive the hell off, which led to them canning all that except for mona lisa since the cat was out of the bag--release it quietly but with edited vocals and pacified lyrics on an obscure release. someday (i will understand) is a very sad sounding song and i think the whole ordeal w OD propelled her back to being depressed. she sounded happy and excited in that radio interview...it's like the last time we saw britney free AND happy. she seemed so so excited to be free. makes me SO sad ya'll.

On 2/13/2020 at 12:47 AM, Isla said:

I don't think it was State of Grace. There was rumours the two had recorded something together with Timbaland, possibly for Duran Duran's album released in 2007 (I think JT featured on another song on it?). 

I haven't thought so either before but thinking about it, that song could have been a duet song. 

Archived