We need answers for Original Doll.

What is this album about anyway? Jive got stressed when she showed a  preview of Mona Lisa and “cancelled” the album.

But I need answers!

what was the OFFICIAL tracklist? Exhale apparently leaked it a while ago, but we are not sure it’s official. I would say:

Mona Lisa

State of Grace

Just Yesterday

Look Who’s talking now

Rebellion

Do Something

My Prerogative 

Someday

Over To You Now

Let go

But we never actually got an official thing, not even a rumor:crying1: 

was she ever pictured with a Demo CD?

also, is Blackout an actually completely different album or the same OD which was reworked so Jive would let her release it? 

I am not sure about anything

:wontcry:  

I’m having a meltdown for this Album’s waisted potential right now

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

What is this album about anyway? Jive got stressed when she showed a  preview of Mona Lisa and “cancelled” the album.

But I need answers!

what was the OFFICIAL tracklist? Exhale apparently leaked it a while ago, but we are not sure it’s official. I would say:

Mona Lisa

State of Grace

Just Yesterday

Look Who’s talking now

Rebellion

Do Something

My Prerogative 

Someday

Over To You Now

Let go

also, is Blackout an actually completely different album or the same OD which was reworked so Jive would let her release it? 

OD was 13 years ago sis it's time to let go. I never cared about it tbh:cardi:

2 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

it's not necessarily about the demos being good or bad for me, it's more about what could have / would have happened if her label had given her the green light to go ahead and release it.. I wonder if the outcome for Britney would have been different.. :crying1:

I'm pretty sure it would have been a flop and then she would have lost a lot of control again.

55 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

But I need answers!

Mona Lisa

State of Grace

Just Yesterday

Look Who’s talking now

Rebellion

Do Something

My Prerogative 

Someday

Over To You Now

Let go

Mona Lisa is the only official song off Original Doll session.

State of Grace BLACKOUT

Just Yesterday POST 2005 - BLACKOUT

Look Who’s talking now IN THE ZONE

Rebellion POST 2005 - BLACKOUT

Do Something IN THE ZONE

My Prerogative IN THE ZONE

Someday POST 2005

Over To You Now IN THE ZONE

Let go BLACKOUT

Red Hot Lipstick IN THE ZONE

I love the title of the album. Another “dark” Britney album would’ve been great. Had it come into fruition, it would’ve been one of her best thematically (obviously I don’t know how it would’ve held up musically in comparison to her other albums since all we know for sure as far as setlist is “Mona Lisa,” although I do really love that track). But I do like the vision of some of these fanmade covers:

8274841.png?420

0*rHjsMCvWUBGhB9r2.jpg

Originaldollalbum.jpg

0e218267529479bdbed721f09954877a.jpg

7e3afa30b4d680535e6daea75d673483.jpg

untitled-2.jpg

I don't have much to add but my old exhale name around 2007-09 was StateOfGrace and seeing that as a part of your name brought back so many Britney memories from that time:crying3:

Honestly as much as I love the name 'Original Doll', (imagine how theatrical britney would have been with the visuals of the era!) and as much as I would love for everything relating to the album to be released; I think we would be disappointed if we got it now. If we really dissect why we are so curious about it, it boils down to what Britney was channeling in tracks like 'Mona Lisa' and 'Rebellion'. She was angry, she felt like a product and she wanted to do things her way. If OD was a full era we would have most likely had a fiery Britney who was channeling passion like we had never seen, speaking up and out about things she had never done before and controlling her career in a way she had never done before. That's what we link OD with. Since things didn't go as planned, we never got that. If the full recordings for what was suppose to be OD got released right now it would be anticlimactic because Britney is no longer (I'm assuming of course) in that head space, and we never got to see that story while it was happening. Of course, at first blush new unreleased music would be amazing, and yes we could dissect lyrics until the end of time but without the energy of that era it will always fall short of what we think the big mystery of the album is.:yesokay:

What should be a big ordeal around here is the fact that Lynne literally said in her book that brit and justin recorded a song together post 2007.(and I am copying this directly from the book rn) "but now, with years of water under the bridge, they are reuniting- for a song anyways. A duet for one of their new albums" page 195 of Through the Storm by Lynne Spears. That quote made it through writing, editing and printing. So it was in the works for awhile...what happened?? Why do we never speak of this?? This is the real mystery :britstare11:

I've never really cared that much about it, 'cause as some people already commented, the demos don't sound that good. 

Yes, it was applaudable that she was trying to do her own vision of the music she wanted to do, the message she wanted to give, but the songs were just kind of weird. I mean, maybe if we could get the final version of them, but still, I don't think there would be a big difference.

I think she just trhew that Original Doll name out there, because that was her plan, but I don't think the label was actually hoping to release anything. 

Have you ever read this? 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album

Archived