2006ney talks not being able to dance as hard and not being able to show off her voice

kasavas

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

A. Britney didnt break her knee

B. Of course it wasn't back to normal. This was only 1.5 years later and she took the brace off early and didn't do her physio therapy. 

I believe it still hurts from time to time. At 6:19 it clearly bothers her.

Of course that's not the only reason for her to dance this way but it could be one of them.

I remember in 1999 on Rosie O'Donell she was talking about sad and bitter celebrities being annoying to her. I think in this interview when she stops herself after talking about paps killing Lady Di she remembers this stigma that a famous celebrity can't be anything else, just happy. And if you're not happy, you're an ungrateful whiny baby. I think that was a piece of the reasons of her breakdown. She did want to satisfy people afterall, because she had this competitive, proving-them-wrong state of mind. And of course as she says she was poked at way too many times and eventually, she snapped. But still, she has a really thick skin and I adore her for being this strong. And it makes me so sad that her walkings with Sean was ruined. It should have been a sweet memory of hers, quality time with her first newborn and she couldn't get that.

10 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I remember in 1999 on Rosie O'Donell she was talking about sad and bitter celebrities being annoying to her. I think in this interview when she stops herself after talking about paps killing Lady Di she remembers this stigma that a famous celebrity can't be anything else, just happy. And if you're not happy, you're an ungrateful whiny baby. I think that was a piece of the reasons of her breakdown. She did want to satisfy people afterall, because she had this competitive, proving-them-wrong state of mind. And of course as she says she was poked at way too many times and eventually, she snapped. But still, she has a really thick skin and I adore her for being this strong. And it makes me so sad that her walkings with Sean was ruined. It should have been a sweet memory of hers, quality time with her first newborn and she couldn't get that.

I agree. All the things she needs to hear apologies for... :decisions:

1 minute ago, really really cool guy said:

That's awful

yeah, what a terrible time.

not able to release the music she wants, people judging her parenting, paparazzi following her, police ignoring her, doctors making fun of her accusing her of hitting her baby, having the family services people visiting her and on top of that, she still has K-Fed.

No wonder she snapped.

5 minutes ago, kasavas said:

yeah, what a terrible time.

not able to release the music she wants, people judging her parenting, paparazzi following her, police ignoring her, doctors making fun of her accusing her of hitting her baby, having the family services people visiting her and on top of that, she still has K-Fed.

No wonder she snapped.

I instantly thought of the South Park episode about Britney. Everyone was involved in her breakdown 

8 minutes ago, Sporty said:

Ahhh, this interview was published February 2006; she didn't have a breakdown days later. She was pregnant with Jayden during this interview (but obviously didn't know it yet). She tripped holding Sean in May 2006, and had the Dateline interview about a month later. The real breakdown with the head shaving and umbrella was February 2007.

sis the breakdown didn't start with the shaved head, it started months before that

In terms of her dancing, she obviously wasn't as good as her prime here but I thought she was definitely almost as good a performer as she was in her prime during this performance...

The reason is because of her unmistakable stage presence and charisma (with a lack of props); and this is after her injury.

I think her more lackluster performing since then is because of the VMAs and the viciously negative reaction to it. 

Her charisma has mostly been absence then. 

6 hours ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

that was a beautiful interview. :wontcry: i want to read more like that, there must be more from around 2004-2006 where she speaks her mind. i think if the people around her had just listened to her and not tried to force an image on her, she wouldn't be so afraid to be herself these days

Absolutely!

1 hour ago, Sporty said:

Ahhh, this interview was published February 2006; she didn't have a breakdown days later. She was pregnant with Jayden during this interview (but obviously didn't know it yet). She tripped holding Sean in May 2006, and had the Dateline interview about a month later. The real breakdown with the head shaving and umbrella was February 2007.

An issue with emotional health wouldn’t take place after one specific event. Britney was giving hints of a breakdown since 2004, but I am pretty sure the year was 2006 and not after the head shaving.

16 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

A. Britney didnt break her knee

B. Of course it wasn't back to normal. This was only 1.5 years later and she took the brace off early and didn't do her physio therapy. 

She broke her knee three times over the course of six years....she wouldn’t have a huge arthroscope scar on her right knee if she didn’t break it 

Archived