What Would You Say Are Britney's Top 10 Most Memorable Music Videos

Born2Die

So I was revisting this article on Billboard ranking Britney's videos in a top 10 countdown. https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7271745/britney-spears-best-music-videos

Now for me, I didn't agree with the list. So my question is to the B Army, what would you consider Britney's most memorable, iconic music videos? And I'm strictly speaking on imagery, impact, influence, and public reception (not the actual song it's self).

Counting down:

10) Work *****

9) Circus

8) Everytime

7) Me Against the Music

6) Piece of Me

5) Womanizer

4) OOPS!...I Did It Again

3) I'm A Slave 4 U

2) Toxic

1) ...Baby One More Time

image.jpg

BOMT is my ultimate video by Brit. The school girl costume is still a Halloween staple 20 years later! 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOMT— because, doh.

Sometimes- helped establish Britney as more than a one hit wonder

Oops- iconic catsuit, solidified her megastardom

Stronger- chair dance. Chair choreography has been an integral part of Britney’s brand.

DLMBTLTK

Slave- timeless visuals. This was when Britney became more artistic with the video. The dancing and body. 

Toxic— iconic and timeless. The diamond suit. 

MATM- Madge and the choreography

work *****

womanizer- the resurrection of Britney Spears. Britney naked, glossy, in a sauna. 

Edit: not in any particular order, I didn’t read the OP carefully 

1. ... Baby One More Time

2. Slave 4 U

3. Circus

4. My Prerogative

5. Everytime

It's too hard for me to do a top 10, but I do feel like Toxic is a little dated - as much as I love it. It's probably her most CGI heavy video, and unfortunately those parts don't hold up that well now. I just think BOMT is perfect, both the song and the video. Sure, it's incredibly 90s, but yet it feels timeless. The choreography, the simple yet iconic concept and outfits.. and I honestly think the bridge part of the video is so powerful. I don't think I've ever seen anyone more at ease in front of the camera as she was in that - especially given the fact that she was 16 and it was her first single.

I'll try to be "objective" and not necessarily how I would rank them, as if in my favorite videos.

1. ...Baby One More Time
  2. Oops!... I Did It Again
  3. Toxic
  4. Lucky
  5. Womanizer
  6. Stronger
  7. Circus
  8. (You Drive Me) Crazy
  9. Work *****
  10. I'm a Slave 4 U  (I really don't think the video was as memorable as the VMAs performance)

Other mentions: Sometimes, Not a Girl, TTWE, IWG, S&S

Archived