Britney Talking About 'Blackout'

Britney x Irene

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Sparks said:

But the vibe of the album isn't dark at all though, not imo. The only songs that reflected what she went through were Why Should I Be Sad and POM

The album does feel dark in terms of sound. Don't know if you heard before about synesthesia, but as a person who does have this kind of sense, i feel that Blackout is so dark (in a really good artistic way)

1 hour ago, Irvine said:

she was so depressed during that era, but was so good at hiding it

i think she was in a state of shock but had to keep going so couldn't properly deal. i think femme fatale she was just flat out depressed, tired, 'given up'. those billboard 'performances'...

41 minutes ago, The Genuine said:

The album does feel dark in terms of sound. Don't know if you heard before about synesthesia, but as a person who does have this kind of sense, i feel that Blackout is so dark (in a really good artistic way)

yeah i agree, it is darker, it's more experimental. circus is disney princess, blackout is disney villain

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

But the vibe of the album isn't dark at all though, not imo. The only songs that reflected what she went through were Why Should I Be Sad and POM

Then you aren’t sensitive to vibes. You dont feel them. Its not meant literally. Blackout overall has a dark undertone. The underlying feel and vibe. It doesnt matter what the lyrics are or that the songs are upbeat.

Archived