Jordan Miller

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rickey3089 said:

Although I'm mad at it being Maroon 5, I'm glad it's not Britney she is simply not ready to do a show like that. homegirl definitely needs to find herself again as a performer   :xfactorlook:

This. I don’t get all this push for Britney to do halftime. People were freakin out over the suggestion of Britney doing Rupaul (a taped show). Halftime is LIVE, in front of the world. And with the bar set so high from the previous acts, this isn’t just a casual affair. Super bowl halftime shows are not a time to be mediocre, especially for pop acts. And unfortunately with Britney’s tarnished public image as a performer, if she did halftime she would have no choice but to bring 150%. Because I’d hate for Britney to be roasted by the GP!

7 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

This. I don’t get all this push for Britney to do halftime. People were freakin out over the suggestion of Britney doing Rupaul (a taped show). Halftime is LIVE, in front of the world. And with the bar set so high from the previous acts, this isn’t just a casual affair. Super bowl halftime shows are not a time to be mediocre, especially for pop acts. And unfortunately with Britney’s tarnished public image as a performer, if she did halftime she would have no choice but to bring 150%. Because I’d hate for Britney to be roasted by the GP!

When people go and do shows like Justin Timberlake's or Lady Gaga's, I really don't understand what's to be afraid about Britney doing a POM kind of show for the Halftime.

And if she's roasted, what's with that? It's not like it hasn't happened before (2007). If it's good or it's bad, there will always be people criticizing and either way, it's gonna be a boost for her sales and whatever she drops after the super bowl, which is something a lot of people always care about in here.

I do agree with others that if she hasn't done it at this point, I really doubt it's ever gonna happen, but I don't agree with her not being capable of delivering a decent show. Even if she just sat down on a chair while her songs were playing from the album, that would be enough because her catalog of hits is that strong (IF they chose the right songs)

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

When people go and do shows like Justin Timberlake's or Lady Gaga's, I really don't understand what's to be afraid about Britney doing a POM kind of show for the Halftime.

And if she's roasted, what's with that? It's not like it hasn't happened before (2007). If it's good or it's bad, there will always be people criticizing and either way, it's gonna be a boost for her sales and whatever she drops after the super bowl, which is something a lot of people always care about in here.

I do agree with others that if she hasn't done it at this point, I really doubt it's ever gonna happen, but I don't agree with her not being capable of delivering a decent show. Even if she just sat down on a chair while her songs were playing from the album, that would be enough because her catalog of hits is that strong (IF they chose the right songs)

The difference is those two artist rehearse to make sure everything is on point! Britney doesn't care anymore, maybe if she did do the superbowl she would rehearse like old times but god no pom routines if soo keep it

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, you’re right in that she has the perfect discography for it. And obviously, whatever she does I’ll stan. It’s Britney *****! :) 

I just want her to show the GP up :yesplease: remind them why she’s such an icon to be begin with.

Just now, Rickey3089 said:

The difference is those two artist rehearse to make sure everything is on point! Britney doesn't care anymore, maybe if she did do the superbowl she would rehearse like old times but god no pom routines if soo keep it

This! Lady Gaga like rented out a compound in Texas for the six months leading up to her halftime. And she practiced like an Olympian!

8 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

This! Lady Gaga like rented out a compound in Texas for the six months leading up to her halftime. And she practiced like an Olympian!

And yet it was very boring for my taste, and what I would've expected from Lady Gaga. It wasn't bad, just very grey and plain compared to other performances she's done before in minor events, like awards shows and stuff. As much as I dislike Katy Perry I think even her took more advantage of this event to have a bigger production.

And what about Justin Timberlake? :nicki2: I mean, that was the most boring thing ever. Or what about Coldplay? Does anyone even remember they performed during Beyoncé and Bruno Mars's second Halftime Show? :beynah:

I understand we want Britney to do her best whenever she exposes herself to the public, but that attitude many people in here have had throughout the years of "I'd prefer she doesn't perform at all rather than delivering an ok show because I don't want to be embarrassed by my family and friends that know I'm her fan" it's like the opposite of what a fan should say about their idol.

I mean, we've gone through so many bad things, 2007, FF, Wigney, Ponytail tour, that we should be immune already to that kind of fear.

Archived