Britney on Saturday Night Live 2000 Appreciation Thread

Saturday Night Live

s25-e19_britney_spears.jpg?itok=jQPlbss4

Season 25 Episode 19

May 13, 2000

tumblr_li0zg70yqo1qbi8lzo1_500.gif

"She appeared on Saturday Night Live on May 13, 2000 as both host and musical guest where she performed her hit single "Oops, I Did It Again" and "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know" becoming the youngest person in SNL history to appear as both host and musical guest in the same episode at the age of 18" (SNL Wiki)

4f2a9190c87419b1b8ce206f825bf06f.gif

tumblr_lwhomscUUk1r3ty02o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

a631fe41bbb7472fd13f11f561e69a7d--snl-britney-spears.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, britney_rocks said:

That performance of Oops is why I fell in love with this woman. She is giving her all. She is dancing her *** off, singing live. Yes she is out of breath a lot of it, but who cares, she is actually giving 110% on that stage.:otears:

CRISP! Britney at this time was unstoppable. Everything she did was an event. Precious! :airpls:

20 minutes ago, Captain Marvel said:

The Oops era truly delivered, she really made being a teen star look too easy.  :bop:

Right?! I remember as a kid just being like, Britney was born for this role. She always rose to the occasion, whatever project it was. 

2 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

tumblr_inline_pf0h7kCnDY1txcg8r_1280.gif

I've quoted Dawn and the above quote so much over the years that my husband knows the follow-up line, which is, "So I set her hair on fire, and what you see now, that girl's wearing weave."

There. My embarrassing stan moment for the week. :embarrassed:

Let it out, boo. You with family :tehe:

2 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

I think this is arguably her best SNL appearance. She addressed her infamous **** and lip-syncing rumors in a very funny way,  sang Oops and DLMBTLTK 100% live, and the skits were really good. She killed it, love it so much!

I think she addresses the **** in the 2001/2 SNL? :airpls:

Archived