When Britney Graced the Cover of Rolling Stone for the 3rd Time

September 13, 2001

rs-95404-24344686-24344688-large.jpg

(Full article: Britney Spears Breaks Just Like a Little Girl  By Jenny Eliscu)  

“People are always wanting to know every detail about where I go, and I always have to have bodyguards with me...It’s sometimes like they’re insinuating that I can’t do things on my own, and it’s like, I can! I know they mean well, but I don’t like people treating me like a little girl.”

84b00d34bd4b374bdeab1841ad6620f5.jpg

“...when I was younger, I was never really insecure. At all. Never. Now I get insecure sometimes when I go places because people expect celebrities to look a certain way. And there are mornings I wake up and my butt feels fat. But I’ve learned that it doesn’t matter what other people think of you. You just…be. All I can do is be who I am and hope people like that.”

8e21363d615c2aa069e541afc7246860.jpg

“I think it’s not that deep..I like wearing those clothes. I like, when I’m onstage, to be an entertainer...If the song calls for me to wear something a little voluptuous or ****, I like to go there.”

6e88a028b382a175a05317f840142faf.jpg

"I think the body’s a beautiful thing, and you should not hide yourself. If you feel like wearing something that makes you feel good about you, and you want to wear a push-up bra, I say, ‘Go for it...You should be proud of your sexuality... I don’t like being a role model. I’m not perfect, I’m human, just like everybody else. Everybody’s got an opinion about you, but the only one that matters is your own.”

giphy.gif

Other Pop Culture Facts for September 2001

• August 25, Aaliyah died in plane crash while filming a music video in the Bahamas (RIP)
  • September 6, Britney performed “Slave 4 U” at the MTV Video Music Awards with a large albino python
  • September 11, terrorists attacked WTC in NYC  
  • September 21, Glitter, an "American romantic musical drama film, starring American singer-songwriter Mariah Carey," hit theaters (wikipedia.com)
  • September 24, "I'm a Slave 4 U," the lead single off her third studio album, Britney, hit the airwaves (wikipedia.com)
  • Billboard's Hot 100 #1 hit in September: Jennifer Lopez featuring Ja Rule - I'm Real
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stefihilton said:

my god i can relate to that part about never feeling insecure as a child yet developing insecurities along the way. 

:(

Relatable Queen.  But yeah, life be real like that...

1 minute ago, stefihilton said:

she was STUNNING in this shoot though. her hair and makeup are flawless. she needs so little makeup to look good. i think the recent racoon eyes are her sabotaging herself somehow. depression maybe

I hate to say it, but I get the impression that she’s depressed AF. :mhm: mama is struggling, but Britney is a strong *****.  I think folks underestimate her strength! She’ll pull through. Eh, it happens.

Archived