British BBC Radio 4 'Woman's Hour' talks about Britney

ItsGodneyB**ch

There's this British radio programme that I used to listen to some years back to improve my English and that I follow on Twitter ever since (lol), they usually talk about issues concerning women, feminism etc there's usually a very highbrow talk lol and it surprised me when I saw on twitter that they were going to discuss Britney and Baby One More Time turning 20 years old.. 

Haven't listened yet so I don't know if they're gonna praise her or throw some British subtle shade haha

I leave the link here for you to listen too and discuss, there's an introduction and then the Britney talk starts at 19'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/b0bfx51z

:kisses:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, EzekielJean said:

OMG what a Big *****

i know right?

I mean, you may not like her.. but when I don't like someone I don't go and tell them they're completely useless and try to undermine and undervalue everything they do.. but it seems like since it is Britney Spears it is okay to crucify her.. it must be terrible being her and feeling all that hate towards yourself even when you've done nothing to anyone, it's just sad..

This is the type of thing that her team needs to listen to and not ignore. This perception could be changed, shes obviously still very talented, she has a great catalog and fanbase and people are obviously still very interested in her and her story to be mentioning her...... all the elements are there, and lets remember that she dominated Beyonce back in the day. Anyway, thanks for posting!

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

Here it comes...

the presenter: "she didn't write her own songs, she's not fantastic live, she lipsynchs a lot, she's not even a fantastic dancer... what is it that she had? She's not a Beyonce, or even a Pink or Christina Aguilera" 

omg there's truth but, jeez, a bit of tact, she's just a woman doing what she can, you *****.. :(

I don’t know why but it’s always women I find that goes the extra mile to bad mouth her. Even when she was in her prime. I always hear her being called a ***** or ****. It’s weird. Maybe it’s just with me but most females when I mention Britney have like an angry reaction.

8 hours ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

Here it comes...

the presenter: "she didn't write her own songs, she's not fantastic live, she lipsynchs a lot, she's not even a fantastic dancer... what is it that she had? She's not a Beyonce, or even a Pink or Christina Aguilera" 

omg there's truth but, jeez, a bit of tact, she's just a woman doing what she can, you *****.. :(

Britney at her prime was better than all those ******* combined. She might be half assing her career for the past decade now, but in her prime she was untouchable. And Beyoncé is overrated as ****. Why is everybody always licking this woman’s ***?

9 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I don’t know why but it’s always women I find that goes the extra mile to bad mouth her. Even when she was in her prime. I always hear her being called a ***** or ****. It’s weird. Maybe it’s just with me but most females when I mention Britney have like an angry reaction.

exactly, it's unreal

and it's even more unreal considering that such radio programme is about women and feminism and they're always defending women.. but it's seems that doesn't apply for Britney.. like with all that she's been through she doesn't need support and to be defended?? c'mon.. 

If feminism fights (among many other things) against objectification of women by society, sexualisation, the expectations of female roles.. etc I think Britney is the perfect example/victim and should be treated as an example and role model in a radio programme of that kind and not as someone to shade..

7 hours ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

exactly, it's unreal

and it's even more unreal considering that such radio programme is about women and feminism and they're always defending women.. but it's seems that doesn't apply for Britney.. like with all that she's been through she doesn't need support and to be defended?? c'mon.. 

If feminism fights (among many other things) against objectification of women by society, sexualisation, the expectations of female roles.. etc I think Britney is the perfect example/victim and should be treated as an example and role model in a radio programme of that kind and not as someone to shade..

hmm i don't think the presenter meant any malice by it. 2007 is a big part of britney's history, her media 'comeback' story etc. it's natural for her to bring it up. and i do think the gp admire that she is a pop music legend considering there are technically more talented singers and dancers out there. everyone i know, even the biggest haters, respect her legacy and impact on pop culture and the phenomena she has created among her fans.

20 hours ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

Here it comes...

Britney is doing good 

Crowds come out to see her

Her songs and albums still peak high on the charts

People still check for Britney and that's all that ever matters

Archived