2aaa3x3.jpg

Rolling Stone Music Now podcast goes behind the story of Britney’s first single as we near the 20th anniversary of ...Baby One More Time. They mention things we already know like the song was first pitched to TLC. Britney originally wanted to be a singer songwriter and wanted a sound like Sheryl Crow, Macy Gray and Jill Scott not the pop sound she ended up getting on the first album. I don’t know how to embed the podcast but it’s linked in the story. Listen to the podcast where they discuss the history of BOMT it’s great!! Also Britney didn’t like her 2000 OIDIA album and was desperate for a vacation. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/britney-spears-baby-one-more-time-722718/amp/

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, Avatar said:

Never heard she didn't like Oops... heard she didnt like Circus though :janet:

I heard it before. A journalist for spin magazine or something mentioned it when womanizer was on of its top song selections that he had met Britney back then and she said to him that she thought her oops album was ridiculous. 

I can understand why she didn’t like circus as it turned out more pop than she had hoped. 

Archived