Here's Why Britney Needs To Be A Special Guest On 'RuPaul's Drag Race'

mgid:ao:image:logotv.com:647601?quality=0.8&format=jpg&width=980&height=551

Britney as a Guest on Rupaul's Drag Race is long overdue.  She's always been an icon to the queer community, and with her getting the GLAAD's Vanguard 2018 recently, it just makes so much sense.  Britney has spawned a legion of drag queens from all over the world.  LGBT people grew up listening to her music. 

latest?cb=20180515165351

charlie-hides-gif.gif?w=1100

A whole episode should be dedicated to all things Britney, and it would be spectacular.  

• What would this episode look like?
  • How would our queen look, what would she wear?
  • Mini challenge ideas?
  • Maxi Challenge ideas? 
  • Obviously, a whole runway would be dedicated to Queen Britney. Night of a thousand Britneys?? :OMGney:  What LOOKS would y'all like to see on that runway? 
  • And what would the Lip Sync for Your Life look like, and what song??  (We'll pretend Honey Mahogany vs. Vivienne Pinay and Charlie Hides vs Trinity Taylor's LSFYL didn't happen)  

tumblr_m4elp3IGwA1qgb5p1o1_r1_250.gif

What would your ideal RPDR Episode tribute to Britney look like? Go IN, henney!  ;)

* this is meant to be a fun hypothetical exercise. Let’s Relax with the comments about awkwardney or RPDR’s shortcomings. Positive vibes—it’s drag. Lighten up! :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God no. I love the idea but the execution would be   'you look really like a woman sweetie!! well done really cool' and then she leaves before they lip sync for their lifes 

Yeah, no. Too many drag queens trying to impersonate Britney and it's horrible. I like Derrick Barry though, he's the only good Britney impersonator.

18 hours ago, rck92 said:

Yeah, no. Too many drag queens trying to impersonate Britney and it's horrible. I like Derrick Barry though, he's the only good Britney impersonator.

Tatiana is good.  Her snatch game of Britney was great! Derrick Barry gets the look down pat.  And she's a great Britney performer!  I've always liked DB, but on season 8...

I mean, I'm not thinking for it to be about impersonating Britney per se, but more like a tribute.  It could be interpetive, like when Nina Bonina Brown did her own interpretation of that Gaga look with the red face lace mask thing.

Just now, Khoazie said:

Derrick Barry gets the look down pat.  And she's a great Britney performer!  I've always liked DB, but on season 8...

I mean, I'm not thinking for it to about impersonating Britney per se, but more like a tribute.  It could be interpetive, like when Nina Bonina Brown did her own interpretation of that Gaga look with the red face lace mask thing.

In all honesty, no. They would mess it up like they did with that Madonna tribute. The show is a mess and overrated. Sorry, not sorry. :ugh:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, rck92 said:

In all honesty, no. They would mess it up like they did with that Madonna tribute. The show is a mess and overrated. Sorry, not sorry. :ugh:

Ugh it has gone downhill...especially since VH1 :britstare11:

I guess, maybe I should phrase it better?  What would the ideal Britney episode look like?

7 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

Ugh it has gone downhill...especially since VH1 :britstare11:

I guess, maybe I should phrase it better?  What would the ideal Britney episode look like?

I do like Bianca Del Rio though, she is funny as hell. But the ideal episode doesn't exist, cause they couldn't execute it well enough. 

• Like 2
Just now, rck92 said:

I do like Bianca Del Rio though, she is funny as hell. But the ideal episode doesn't exist, cause they couldn't execute it well enough. 

Say they could though.  Hypothetically?  :schoolingtime:

1 minute ago, Khoazie said:

Say they could though.  Hypothetically?  :schoolingtime:

Mini challenge: Recreate a iconic Britney photoshoot

Maxi challenge: Create a sequel to Crossroads :jj:

Runway: Iconic Britney outfits (everyone has to be different, not like the kimonos from Madonna episode)

• Like 5

Okay, so-- as for it being awkward, I mean, on some level... Unless they do what they do with Rupaul himself, and give her an earpiece to feed her lines.

But if you expect her to sit there and deal with queens impersonating her, or even judging a challenge based around her stuff, and watching a lipsync battle with one of her songs, yeah, all you will get is her total awkwardness. We are all well aware of how embarrassed Britney gets when her past achievements are brought up, and-- if they try to do what they did with Gaga and Xtina where they meet the queens, that'll be awkward as HELL, because we also know how awkward Britney gets when people fawn over her. And that's ALL the queens will do, aside from whichever one is extra like Eureka and tries to go on and on about how inspired they are by her.

Plus, RPDR is just... can it be done yet?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, rck92 said:

Mini challenge: Recreate a iconic Britney photoshoot

Maxi challenge: Create a sequel to Crossroads :jj:

Runway: Iconic Britney outfits (everyone has to be different, not like the kimonos from Madonna episode)

Haha Crossroads was actually what I had in mind to begin with!  Watching it now years later, it's actually pretty mature.  The material would be ripe for a RPDR parody.  

So clearly, Brit would have an ear piece so she can have lines fed.  The episode would have to be structured in a way so that not too much free screen time is given to make her look awkward. Figure out a format to present her in the best light. 

The Maxi sequel of Crossroads-- Lucy, Kit, and Mimi out of high school.  What age?  College?  30's?  

Mini- recreate Britney's first Lachapelle shoot with Rolling Stone?