Do you still listen to Glory?

hleeeee

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to some songs yesterday and I was shook. Invitation, Make Me, Man On the Moon are so good. The album is overall not good though; some songs are so bad (private show, DYWCO, Hard To Forget Chu) they just ruin the whole Selena Gomez Revival vibe, which I found so coherent, they just make you wanna skip them, like you just don’t wanna go through the same boring and repetitive beat over and over. Why are the songs on Glory so f**king repetitive and unoriginal? Then songs like Invitation, Make Me and Man On The Moon give me life. I’m not a fan or Taylor’s, BUT if you listen to the songs on Reputation, they have a structure that’s more enjoyable. Plus the production on Glory is just atrocious, it’s just a bad album with a couple of really good songs. That’s it. Amd this has nothing to do with the tour fiasco, I still listen to blackout and in the zone in full and there’s a concept, there’s cohesion... :schoolingtime:

Well you know I don’t know how this all works but if Britney’s albums and singles aren’t selling, I doubt her label will allow her a big dudget for the era that’s to come next. Yeah I mean Britney could pay if she wanted to for something like out of this world but why would she? So I say BUY her music instead of boycotting her every single f**king era.

But anyway, yeah, Glory is amazing! I love it! Plus, it’s the first time since Circus (even though I love FF and some of BJ) that we really felt the Britney essence on an album. That you really feel her you know. Make Me is one of my fave songs like ever! 

absolutely still listening to it, best album since Blackout :crying1:

I'm fine with having a good albums without commercial success, im a Madonna stan too after all. Sure it would've been nice to have that mainstream recognition, but I love Glory so much I don't care about that. It should've been promoted better, and should've had more singles but hey, it's good music so I can't complain

I do sometimes, yes. I listen to a lot of music, but there's always a place for Glory :forkit:

It's a great modern pop album. It's a good match with "This is what the truth feels like" by Gwen Stefani. Good, fresh, well-produced music. I'm so proud of Britney that she did it after BJ and Pretty girls, which was ew...:ohi:

I think Glory was an wasted opportunity, because she could gain a lot of GPs attention. On the other hand, does she or us need it? I think it would be the best, if she'd record great albums like this one, work hard in the studio, write songs from her heart, maybe then do a live concert - just once, that'd be fantastic. Oh, dreams...:yesplease:

• Content Curators
15 hours ago, Lukass1896 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Glory is overhyped (by Britney fans)? It's better than Femme Fatale and of course better than Britney Jean but it's not even close to being "her best" or "masterpiece of an album" :mhm: Don't get me wrong - Glory is not a bad album, but (I have to say it) after those 2 years it's just boring :gum: but still Glory is a good album :kiss: and the fact that we only got two (one:jj:) music videos is sooo sad :(

Completely agree was just too scared to say it y’all are crazies :badthoughts:

no

I might listen to love me down occasionally but haven't listened to the album as a whole since maybe January or even 2017. it's boring. the era was boring, theres no videos or album track performances to bring the songs to life. glory and britney jean both have minimal replay value because the eras were so lame.

Archived