Femme Fatale 2.0

twstswm

Was just wondering, been apart of this forum since before Blackout, I’ve seen every fan meltdown, every let-down, every rumor, just everything. Was wondering, how would people feel if we got a femme fatale 2.0. I remember complaints of it being generic pop, but it was for sure one of her most successful albums with the most successful singles. Axe Dr Luke obviously, who regardless of what a monster he is, he’s on the level of Phil Spector for producing, bring back Max Martin, and boom. Back on top. Do we want her back on top? Does it matter? 

I just revisited femme fatale again today, it really is a wonderful collection of songs, especially the bonus tracks. Just want opinions! 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She should not try to mimic any of her previous sounds for her forthcoming album. Britney should come out with a personal album, more acoustic and authentic. She should tone the ****** songs and make music that reflects where she is at in life... :pieceofwhat: I know it’s unrealistic, but she needs a reinvention.

Femme Fatale wasn't as bad as fans say. It was a successful record and I have fond memories of it as it came out around when there was a massive earthquake in my city in New Zealand that had my house,  work and school fall down so it was like my soundtrack to that period.

Definitely bring back max Martin he has given her most of her biggest hits and they work well together...  

Honestly I loved FF. It wasn't particularly creative or innovative but it was a great, solid album and it was FUN! I would rather have a creative album like ITZ or Glory but I would much rather prefer FF over something like BJ. In a lot of ways FF is the Blackout 2.0 (but obviously not as good).

People who call Femme Fatale generic, or say stupid things like “it sounds like Kesha” or “it sounds like Katy Perry” are dumb. 

Femme Fatale was literally an updated and sonically innovative version of the classic pop sound with structured, lyrical choruses that BRITNEY SPEARS and MAX MARTIN popularized and trailblazed in the late 90s and early 2000s. 

Without Britney, there is no Teenage Dream and no Animal, NOT the other way around. Femme Fatale was Britney returning to form in a pop dominated market and it was an amazing pop record. 

I would love Max for her next album. He is still on fire and him and Britney are magic together.

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2018 at 9:20 PM, ChaoticShowdown said:

Femme Fatale wasn't as bad as fans say. It was a successful record and I have fond memories of it as it came out around when there was a massive earthquake in my city in New Zealand that had my house,  work and school fall down so it was like my soundtrack to that period.

Definitely bring back max Martin he has given her most of her biggest hits and they work well together...  

are u from christchurch? 

Honestly, I hope she performs I Wanna Go in Domination, obviously good choreo. I love listening to in when I'm in the car on a spring day when it's warm enough to roll your  car window down and blast music and have the wind go through your hair. Yeah. Imagine if she flew across the stage with this song... she would never.. 

Love Femme Fatale. I work in  record store, and like Glory, it was the only Britney album they would put in the playlist and even repeat it some days. The album is pure pop perfection, a feel good time and a reminder of what Britney was all about before everything became so serious. I remember one review called it her "victory dance" having successfully come back to the industry. Also HIAM brought dubstep to the mainstream so it wasn't all that generic. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2018 at 5:20 AM, ITZFFGL said:

People who call Femme Fatale generic, or say stupid things like “it sounds like Kesha” or “it sounds like Katy Perry” are dumb. 

Femme Fatale was literally an updated and sonically innovative version of the classic pop sound

Femme Fatale is great, it had many bops, but it was dated on arrival. Sounding like Hilary Duff's "Dignity" but more EDM. Puls FF was very trend hopping at the time.

Y'all are fantasising about an album while she's being controlled by stupid men who see her as a money machine and if she'll release any album in the next few years it'll be the same ****** robotic trash because all they want is to make money ...... it's a shame 😔 she could make good music again with the right people ....

Femme Fatale right now could sound kind of dated, but I'm here for the same producers and "formula", an album full of bops. Max Martin and Britney make magic together and I'm sure they'll bring an at least top ten hit for sure. 

Femme Fatale, although it may sound generic for some people, it's one of my favourite albums honestly, and I listen to it to this day and some songs still sounds fresh to me. Also I saw her live for the first time thanks to it :tiffanycries:

Archived