POM residency VS POM tour.

The Greatest Show

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mikepepsi said:

I mean, let's be honest. Britney has been using these performances as a personal fitness session rather than actually giving a **** about dancing anymore, and when you are doing the same show day in and out? Well, she only has herself to blame for that, because she didn't push to have more diversity in different legs of the tour. She never forced anyone to change it up. 

When Piece of Me launched, it was extremely promising. The idea of her performing in earth, wind, and fire was exciting. It promised to be a spectacle. What it ended up being stripped down to was - easier dance moves wherever possible (Anything challenging was removed from the show) and constantly worsening outfits and stripping back on all the technical effects to the point where we had to wonder....was Britney just all about the money?

Her team and the media will perpetuate the idea that this show built her legacy, but if anything, I think it stalled her career during the most important time for her to continue to prove her relevance and cultural importance. Clearly, she is disinterested in her career at this stage, and ive known that much since i saw her sad, hollow performance in the Femme Fatale tour.

I also saw the Onyx Hotel tour which was fabulous, and the Circus tour which, funnily, was even better. For Britney, whatever fire was there for performing appears to have left her. Sure shes kinetic and moving around a lot, but like people say, shes littering the dances with nervous ticks that become more obvious than her intended interpretation of each performance, and her new choreography which she's clearly constructed herself is embarrassingly bad.

I’ve enjoyed POM from the start, but it’s gotten progressively more unhinged and less of a cohesive show since 2017. The tour is a very fun show and has some good moments but it isn’t anything close to the Vegas show at large or at least the Revamp. POM needs to go. The Formula 1 show needs to be the last of it. If she and Team B are planning a new Vegas show then that’s cool. She can take some time off and then properly prepare a new show and no reshaping and Revamp POM into something “new”. She needs to start from the ground up including choreography, props, the stage, set list and everything. 

2 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I have been a fan since 1999 honey. The thing I hate is POM. 

the thing you brittards dont understand is that us angry fans dont hate BRitney we are frustrated at the WASTE OF TALENT. We are frustrated because the same woman that cant stop fixing her hair and looks like a complete amateur on stage used to be the best performer in the world. Nobody could even come close. None of us are expecting a return or primeney but we are watching her drastically get worse and worse at an alarming rate and its upsetting.

I would like nothing more than to sit here and praise her and think that she is doing amazing but as it is the last thing she did that was good was Slumber Party.

I was at the Mönchengladbach show honey.. which people here praised. I left 4 songs early becaue I didnt want to be stuck in traffic. ( I have never done that before) ´So that tells you how much I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the flamboyant gay guy dancing next to me than BRitney.

You can kid yourself and think that Britney is enjoying the tour more just because she is more energetic and moving like a bunny rabbit on crack but if you look at her face she looks just as desinterested as she did in vegas. Also faster movements doesnt equal quality.

Preach bish!

4 minutes ago, slave4you said:

hate to even suggest the idea, but i wondering if she's using ******* or something for this tour... seriously what's going on with the hair/twitches? She seems energetic but that energy is misguided. 

I think it’s anxiety and half-assing/scrapping moves. I don’t think our girl is doing ***** at this point. She seems sober but her energy doesn’t match the music at all. :airpls:

Archived