POM residency VS POM tour.

The Greatest Show

2 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

Take it to private message then if your opinions are general and off topic. 

As far as 'constructive negative comments' go... If I put a burnt pizza in front of you, and you said it looks like charcoal crap, I wouldn't go and yell at you for pointing the obvious and questioning your general love of pizza.  Anybody with eyeballs can see that the decline from residency in Vegas to tour is horrific. That's what the OP said. Does that mean Britney (aka pizza) suck in general? No. Does that mean you hate Britney (aka pizza)? No. Should you stfu and eat the damn pizza and smile because everyone else wants to enjoy whatever crap is in front of their hungry selves? .... No. You have a right to like the burnt mess that is POM, others have a right to vocally say it looks like a giant flaming mess.

The thing is the OP is constantly shading Britney on EVERY subject. EVERY SUBJECT

I do like and agree with your Pizza Analogy, yes, however, you can't deny some people just scream at the freaking pizza even when it's properly cooked and very vocally. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Inuyasha said:

No Hate at all, just a genuine question. Have you ever liked POM? 

I liked it right after the re vamp because I liked that they put some effort into it (adding dance breaks) and they also added two of my favorite songs (TOMH, BOM) and I really liked that they actually gave her something to do for those songs. I still like the choreo for BOM. I mean I was slayed when she did the assisted back walkover because I was not expecting her to ever do something like that again. 

But then she started cutting choro and half assing and every time she came back from a break you could tell that she didnt reherse enough and the disrespect towards her fans made me hate it. I think it POM was a 2 year thing I would be more than ok with it.. the 5 year thing is what makes it so unbearable.. she has been doing POM as long as her prime lasted. Thats crazy to me.

Also to me her generall look and care thereof on stage is disrespectful too.

She went from this (yes I know it had terrible outfits too but at least hair and makeup were usually good)

DjMZELsX4AAF_Wt.jpg26E14D9600000578-3005979-Back_for_more_Snormal_BritneySpears_LasVegas022516_12.jnormal_pieceofme05.jpgnormal_10952601_1579235358955945_1356361

to this:

normal_XRAY_BLACKPOOL_WENN_23.jpegnormal_39915900_255573545088813_51231999normal_39340075_2241572449204389_4638414normal_39756317_2118353008376935_1519223normal_38477214_240846130095408_25278251normal_38081542_1665529163556304_2581397normal_38481851_2134939863496490_3365875normal_39493990_1903982262996971_8771809

1 hour ago, Iexpectyouto said:

It is sooooo funny to see y’all praising the residency when y’all bitched about it for five years. 

The first year or so of POM was bad. Not as bad as fft but bad. Britney wasn’t energetic and didn’t seem interested. What brought the show as a whole to a decent level was the pretty awesome production value. In 2014, when Britney dyed her hair dark, things suddenly started getting better. She continued to improve until we got 2016ney, the best Britney we’ve seen since 2004. Then ig she got bored again, cause 2017’s pom was a mess. Brit had energy better than 13/early 14 but the outfits... and she seemed so disinterested. 

The early POMT dates were pretty awful. She seemed nervous and without the props, POM isn’t that good, esp of brit’s energy is off. However she continued to get better and by the end she was performing at 2016ney level, but with tics and uglier outfits. 

Lol she did 11 shows (2 months) between opening night and dying her hair brunette, not a whole year :airpls:

Also no one is really praising it we are just saying it was better than the tour...

Who didn't even have a proper entrance :airpls: 

I mean, let's be honest. Britney has been using these performances as a personal fitness session rather than actually giving a **** about dancing anymore, and when you are doing the same show day in and out? Well, she only has herself to blame for that, because she didn't push to have more diversity in different legs of the tour. She never forced anyone to change it up. 

When Piece of Me launched, it was extremely promising. The idea of her performing in earth, wind, and fire was exciting. It promised to be a spectacle. What it ended up being stripped down to was - easier dance moves wherever possible (Anything challenging was removed from the show) and constantly worsening outfits and stripping back on all the technical effects to the point where we had to wonder....was Britney just all about the money?

Her team and the media will perpetuate the idea that this show built her legacy, but if anything, I think it stalled her career during the most important time for her to continue to prove her relevance and cultural importance. Clearly, she is disinterested in her career at this stage, and ive known that much since i saw her sad, hollow performance in the Femme Fatale tour.

I also saw the Onyx Hotel tour which was fabulous, and the Circus tour which, funnily, was even better. For Britney, whatever fire was there for performing appears to have left her. Sure shes kinetic and moving around a lot, but like people say, shes littering the dances with nervous ticks that become more obvious than her intended interpretation of each performance, and her new choreography which she's clearly constructed herself is embarrassingly bad.

12 minutes ago, ydmc said:

I'm talking of their overall behaviour on this board.

i don't get why anyone would suffer the pain of posting on a board concerning someone they obviously hate so much.

this place is just filled with very vocal haters who basically always do that.

Back in the day, fft was **** according to most people. then when pom came around, pom was **** then FFT was amazing. then the tour was amazing and pom became ****.

It's just non constructive negative comments.

just for the sake of it. 

+ no one forces you to like what an artist puts out in general, be it from a painter, a singer, a performer.

Britney's entitled to her integrity, even if what she puts out isn't meeting the fantasy standards some people seem to have for her. She's handling her art the way she wants to. That's my point.

There's a big difference between making some comments about some things you did not like and CONSTANTLY shading her

the fact that you cant wrap your  mind around someone who is critisizing her not being a hater is really baffling tbh.

The comments keep geeting worse and we keep looking back fondly at things we disliked because Britney is getting worse. Everyone is praising Britney for getting in amazing shape after FF and in 2016 she was praised a lot too... but since everything went downhill after that of course we will notice and critisize. She is ruining her legacy one day at a time and its really sad.

Here are some of my positive (or neutral)  Britney threads since you think I hate her so much. Also these are just the threads not even the comments.

13 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I liked it right after the re vamp because I liked that they put some effort into it (adding dance breaks) and they also added two of my favorite songs (TOMH, BOM) and I really liked that they actually gave her something to do for those songs. I still like the choreo for BOM. I mean I was slayed when she did the assisted back walkover because I was not expecting her to ever do something like that again. 

But then she started cutting choro and half assing and every time she came back from a break you could tell that she didnt reherse enough and the disrespect towards her fans made me hate it. I think it POM was a 2 year thing I would be more than ok with it.. the 5 year thing is what makes it so unbearable.. she has been doing POM as long as her prime lasted. Thats crazy to me.

Also to me her generall look and care thereof on stage is disrespectful too.

She went from this (yes I know it had terrible outfits too but at least hair and makeup were usually good)

DjMZELsX4AAF_Wt.jpg26E14D9600000578-3005979-Back_for_more_Snormal_BritneySpears_LasVegas022516_12.jnormal_pieceofme05.jpgnormal_10952601_1579235358955945_1356361

to this:

normal_XRAY_BLACKPOOL_WENN_23.jpegnormal_39915900_255573545088813_51231999normal_39340075_2241572449204389_4638414normal_39756317_2118353008376935_1519223normal_38477214_240846130095408_25278251normal_38081542_1665529163556304_2581397normal_38481851_2134939863496490_3365875normal_39493990_1903982262996971_8771809

Omg these outfits.

anywho, those close to me have heard my rants about POM as a whole. All flaws aside, did I go to see it in LV? Hell the **** yes! And had an amazing time and love it! She was fantastic. But I still stand firm in my criticisms of PoM. 

Just now, Khoazie said:

Omg these outfits.

anywho, those close to me have heard my rants about POM as a whole. All flaws aside, did I go to see it in LV? Hell the **** yes! And had an amazing time and love it! She was fantastic. But I still stand firm in my criticisms of PoM. 

I mean yeah. The music is great and people are singing along and are drunk so that alawys helps. But that doesnt change the fact that the production is the cheapest **** i have ever seen live and that she is ticking her way through the show.

20 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I liked it right after the re vamp because I liked that they put some effort into it (adding dance breaks) and they also added two of my favorite songs (TOMH, BOM) and I really liked that they actually gave her something to do for those songs. I still like the choreo for BOM. I mean I was slayed when she did the assisted back walkover because I was not expecting her to ever do something like that again

2016ney really was that ***** wasn't she:crying1:

13 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I mean yeah. The music is great and people are singing along and are drunk so that alawys helps. But that doesnt change the fact that the production is the cheapest **** i have ever seen live and that she is ticking her way through the show.

I hear ya. :mhm:.  Trust...

though I went at the end of June 2016, and was lucky enough to get to good Britney that night. She looked great—hair and face was right! And at that point, she was still into her “revamp” so there weren’t as many tics? But I was also adequately drunk and too busy taking it all in so who knows...ugh this just brought me back to that amazing night 

2 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

I hear ya. :mhm:.  Trust...

though I went at the end of June 2016, and was lucky enough to get to good Britney that night. She looked great—hair and face was right! And at that point, she was still into her “revamp” so there weren’t as many tics? But I was also adequately drunk and too busy taking it all in so who knows...

DID YOU GO TO THAT SHOW WHERE SHE HAD THAT GORGEOUS LONG STRAIGHT HAIR CAUSE THATS THE BEST POM SHOW IN H I S T O R Y 

I'm so jealous if you did:tiffanycries:
My mom offered me to go to that date but I said no because I said that I wanted to go in 2017 cause I was sure she'd be even better, little did I know:crying2:

Yes!!! It was like, the last weekend in June! She looked immaculate and was in great spirits. Haha my best friends and I were so nervous beforehand wondering if we were going to get a good Britney that night!

And because she’s so inconsistent, it really is hard to find a show whether from Vegas or the Tour, that was a pretty much flaw free from start to finish. 

It’s hard to find anywhere, the “perfect” show (outfits, dancing, hair) from any of the 5 yrs of doing this god forsaken show. Her inconsistency is mind boggling. Where as before she was more consistent and a joy to watch. Now it’s like, someone who has no idea what the hell they are doing. 

Shes been doing this show for so long, one would think that when she finally got on tour everything would run like a well oiled machine. Not watching a train wreck day in and day out. 

Archived