Objective look @ what happened

sonostalgic

Podcast - WITHOUT A VOICE

"Did everyone miss the true nature of Britney Spears’ ‘meltdown’?  Now, 10 years later, there is growing attention being paid to a little known legal concept that Spears is under, called a ‘conservatorship’.

This episode takes a look at exactly what happened to Britney Spears on February 18th, the day of her infamous head-shaving incident. And, since a series of ensuing missteps, and triumphs, over the years, Jenks will question if she’ll forever forego the right to even get a cup of coffee without permission from her father and lawyer."

----------------------------------------------------------------

This guys usually focuses on famous figures and historical events - Winston Churchill, Princess Diana, Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali ... When I saw Britney Spears on the list, I was .. perplexed. It's not someone who loves her or hates her. He doesn't go down the rabbit hole. Doesn't subscribe to any conspiracy theories. It's all pretty objective.

If you are interested in the psychology behind what happened 10-11 years ago .. I would listen.   He points out some interesting parallels. He really gets into how she was a machine. He talks about pop stars today .. and their ability to have more control due to social media  .. (What would of happened if Twitter were around in 2007?) He talks about how the GP underestimated her intellect .. etc. 

*No I don't know this guy haha but this is the kind of stuff I could talk about with you guys for dayssss*

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

Wasn’t it a paparazzo’s car?

Yes I remember the video of the paparazzo talking about the damage to his car......but this guy says twice that she attacked Kfeds car. This is a pretty interesting podcast though. Totally makes you realize how sad her situation is, and that it needs to end #timesup

I feel conflicted...

The lawyer says that, based in his own knowledge, he firmly doubts that the conservatorship is a façade because he doesn't think that the team evaluating Britney (he assumes she has mental health issues) would run the risk to ruin their reputation omitting info that could free someone from being a conservatee.

He also claims that it is perfectly possible for someone to be able to be completely functional in some areas (performing and taking care of kids) and a disaster in others (finances), and that Britney could have taken the fact that her father is her conservator as if he was another kind of manager. Should have she decided that it was about time to end the conservatorship, she could have begun the process to do so. And she hasn't to this day.

The question for me is... Are people being too hard on Britney? Her situation is unique in the industry. I can not think of other case like hers. When we complain about her attitude towards fans, for example, we all agree she is being rude many times and that is unacceptable. You can not charge that amount of money to people who love you and not be polite at least, but... is SHE really to blame without knowing what is there behind the curtain? Are they pushing on too hard their "machine" of making money or does Britney happily agree with every aspect of her job? To which point is Britney ok with what she does and what she doesn't? Can she actually "behave" or control her emotions and not being this moody? 10 years after, it is all still a mystery, and who knows if we will find out the truth. I just hope that Britney is doing what she wants and that she is finding happiness in her life.

1 hour ago, daniel_essr said:

I feel conflicted...

The lawyer says that, based in his own knowledge, he firmly doubts that the conservatorship is a façade because he doesn't think that the team evaluating Britney (he assumes she has mental health issues) would run the risk to ruin their reputation omitting info that could free someone from being a conservatee.

He also claims that it is perfectly possible for someone to be able to be completely functional in some areas (performing and taking care of kids) and a disaster in others (finances), and that Britney could have taken the fact that her father is her conservator as if he was another kind of manager. Should have she decided that it was about time to end the conservatorship, she could have begun the process to do so. And she hasn't to this day.

The question for me is... Are people being too hard on Britney? Her situation is unique in the industry. I can not think of other case like hers. When we complain about her attitude towards fans, for example, we all agree she is being rude many times and that is unacceptable. You can not charge that amount of money to people who love you and not be polite at least, but... is SHE really to blame without knowing what is there behind the curtain? Are they pushing on too hard their "machine" of making money or does Britney happily agree with every aspect of her job? To which point is Britney ok with what she does and what she doesn't? Can she actually "behave" or control her emotions and not being this moody? 10 years after, it is all still a mystery, and who knows if we will find out the truth. I just hope that Britney is doing what she wants and that she is finding happiness in her life.

Clearly she did it wrong, but it's hard to understand at least for me.She paid the consequences and harsly.I do not see the consequences for Sam,no for Kevin,no far the people who hurt her .I do not see the consequences for the people that humiliate,contempt,harrass and even wanted his death,I do not see the consequences to the people who got involved with their children especially with Jayden and they said that he had the down syndrome or was autistic , because of britney 's fault.I do not see the consequences to people who did not let her work safely and with freedom ,even the famous change of billboard rules is called a boycott of all life.I never saw support from her family members, quite the opposite especially from her mother(I would never talk about my daughter like that on tv or in a book, especially when she is unleashed)  or her team ,who left her when she needed it the most.They do as if all this did not happen and Britney suddenly gave her ,She had a mental collapse and this ended in a serious trauma and for me they still do not understand.They were incredibly cruel to her and nobody had  consequences only She, and that is hard for me to understand I imagine for her.

Archived