Questions: M+M Show before 2007 VMAs

Commotion

So I was curious and as a baby stan I'm doing my bit of research. I of course knew about the 2007 VMA's before stanning Godney, but it feels so weird to see this happening around the same time. It could be the bad quality of the videos, but she doesn't look out of it at all, she looks like she's in sync with the music, and she puts on a good show. Obviously no live vocals, but that's to be expected. Although, the pointing at her nose on Toxic while on the "I need a hit" part is really dark and took me by surprise, I'm so used to POMney that it looks tragic and makes me feel bad for her. Also, interesting that she performed Breathe on Me, must be one of her favourites. I know she said it would've been a single had she not got injured, or something like that.

So my main questions would be, what the hell happened between this and the VMAs? I'm assuming this is before the VMAs because there are no Blackout songs but it's clearly 2007. What did fans at the time think of the whole thing? I'm guessing people were looking forward to Blackout. The 2007 VMAs were supposed to be her comeback, but we know now it wouldn't happen until later.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

1)M+m show was organised by Britney herself.

2) she didn’t wanted to perform on VMA 

:mj:

It makes sense. Probably they took her to the VMAs because of the M+M show though. Wish we had good footage of the show though.

It does feel like she didn't wanna perform on the VMAs, but why the awful outfit? Why the awful contacts? Like okay she can not give a **** but she looked good at the M+M show, or somewhat good. As good as 2007ney could look with all her issues.

39 minutes ago, Commotion said:

It makes sense. Probably they took her to the VMAs because of the M+M show though. Wish we had good footage of the show though.

It does feel like she didn't wanna perform on the VMAs, but why the awful outfit? Why the awful contacts? Like okay she can not give a **** but she looked good at the M+M show, or somewhat good. As good as 2007ney could look with all her issues.

Also I could be wrong but I remember that was not suppossed to be her outfit and that ended up just what she decided to go on stage with bc she didn’t want to wear what she was supposed to wear at the last minute. 

Performing in front of a few hundred fans is one thing. Performing in front of a few hundred celebrities plus millions of TV viewers, for the first time in years, after years of bad press, knowing the bar she set for herself was impossibly high, is something else entirely. If I had to guess, I'd say her anxiety got the best of her. I suspect she might have been using some kind of substance that impacted her motivation to rehearse and ability to actually perform.

2 hours ago, billyjb26 said:

Performing in front of a few hundred fans is one thing. Performing in front of a few hundred celebrities plus millions of TV viewers, for the first time in years, after years of bad press, knowing the bar she set for herself was impossibly high, is something else entirely. If I had to guess, I'd say her anxiety got the best of her. I suspect she might have been using some kind of substance that impacted her motivation to rehearse and ability to actually perform.

I totally agree. I also lo-lo-LOVED brunette Britney during M&M tour 

britney3RETNA0205_468x550.jpg

britney-spears-house-of-blues-03.jpg

4 hours ago, billyjb26 said:

I could really see her just having had some medication for anxiety actually. But then again it could've been something less legal, it's 2007ney.

2 hours ago, notacamwhore said:

This was the last time she actually had stage presence and looked like she wanted to be there. Also, the 2007 VMA dancing was better than some of FF..

I don't hate the 2007 VMA that much to be quite honest. The choreo wasn't bad, and had she been wearing anything else that fit her better it would've been a mediocre performance but it wouldn't have meant much if she was still doing how she was doing.

2 hours ago, okiobspears said:

Can’t believe there are Britards who say POMney dances better than this. That was the best if not only footage so far of her doing the Slave original choreography tbh :akii:

I think it's mostly the **** choreo though. She does good dancing to other people's songs on ig.

12 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

She looked messy and had the worst outfits ever (POM come close). It was a 15 minutes show, nothing specracular and that's the first time we saw lazyney. She didn't hit the moves at all and all of her choreos were basic. People praise it now because she did a bit of the original toxic choreo but she didn't even do it right. And she didn't do the slave break either.

But she danced the rest of Slave choreo (verses and 'get it, get it') and it was way better than FF's one

21 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

She looked messy and had the worst outfits ever (POM come close). It was a 15 minutes show, nothing specracular and that's the first time we saw lazyney. She didn't hit the moves at all and all of her choreos were basic. People praise it now because she did a bit of the original toxic choreo but she didn't even do it right. And she didn't do the slave break either.

Yeah I agree. First of all even if you leave out the whole fact that she was clearly stumbling all over the stage - which supposadly was related to a broken heel or something, her eyes were just so dead in that performance. There was a lot of talk about her having a meltdown right before the show where Justin supposadly tried to come to her dressing room and talk to her (still don’t know if any of that is true) but I definitely believe the part that she  wouldn’t let anyone do her hair, wouldn’t wear the original outfit that was planned for her etc was true and that she was totally rebelling and more than likely high on something or drunk. I felt like her mindset in that performance was just like - **** everyone I’m going to do whatever I want up here - you could totally see it - and she sure did. The thing is that whether or not it looked like such a horrible performance (and that maybe it doesn’t compared to some of her more recent performances) up until this point Britney Spears has never disappointed and this was the VMAs so everyone was kind of expecting something huge as this is the type of show Britney had always put on. The way they kept going back to the audience to show the shocked faces of other celebrities, the response was so overwhelmingly bad- that I remember the very next day there was so much fear and panic online that Britney was going to kill herself. I’m pretty sure there was even an article out there that suggested she should. How seriously inhumane the way the world has treated Britney. :crying1:

That’s the day Chris Crocker was born to the public :blol: I’m not afraid to admit I still have my leave Britney alone tee. 

I actually can’t at this fan base.  Did we not watch the same thing?  That was brutal.  Some of that Slave choreography was as stiff as she was on the Circus tour.  Wtf at the “Do Somethin’” choreography and the BOMT choreography wasn’t anything special either.  This is one thing I’ve never understood about this fan base...when this “tour” started, it was bashed left and right (rightfully so) for being a complete hot *** mess.  Now, of course, everyone praises it...but for what?  It’s like the damn “Blackout” effect...because this happened during the timultulous time in her life, her stans think this is as iconic as her classic VMA performances.  It’s ****...plain and simple in terms of a show.  She was a badass with her own agenda...but she didn’t organize an amazing show.  She went up there to have a little fun...that’s it.  And all we have are a handful of blurry *** videos taken from a distance...POM isn’t a great show either with her scrapping ****, her annoying ticks, and her constant hair touching, but when she was on fire in 2016...she put this Britney to shame.

As for the 2007 VMA’s...we only have rumors to go on...that Ken Paves quit because she was a ***** or something, she didn’t want to wear the costume that she was supposed to wear, that she was all drugged up, etc...the choreography for that performance wasn’t anything special.  She messed up a few times, but if you watch her performance side by side with the girl who stood in for her, she hits the choreography pretty well.  It was just shitty choreography that she didn’t practice enough.

Can't believe some fans consider these random nightclub appereances as good performances. :tifflmao:

Those nights were cheaper than anything Britney has ever done. 

Annoying wigs, as annoying as the ones she used in the POM 1.0, at the time she actually needed them so there was nothing she could do about it. :nyschool:

Outfits? :surething: she's always had a great body, I wonder why she always tries so hard to wear cheap costumes when she could hire professionals to be in charge of it. That skirt and pink bra look nothing like a costume. 

Dancing? :wyd: it's basically the original moves in slow motion with some **** body moves. Sorry to break your hearts but the last time someone saw Britney giving her 500% were those lucky ones who attended at that last Onyx Hotel Tour date in June before the knee injury. :bigtime:

Archived