POM Birmingham

Slayer

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back at my Birmingham hotel after seeing Britney tonight. She had a lot of energy, she barely stood still for 5 seconds! The show was how I expected, really, not terrible but not amazing really. I guess it left me a bit cold and I think the main problem is the lip synching to old CD recordings. I thought that would not be so bad seeing the show live but it really stood out and lots of people were talking about it on the train back into Birmingham city centre. Pre-recorded vocals would really make such a difference.

Britney's dancing was very good in parts and messy in other parts. I think the choreography is the main problem there.

I was very disappointed with my seat and the view of the stage. Really my seat should have been classed as 'restricted view' and shouldn't have cost me £140. Because of the way the stage is set up, with the stairs props I only saw Britney about 50% of the time she was on stage! A lot of the time, from where I was sitting Britney was hidden behind those steps, until she came to the front of the stage. Like when she's swinging on the pole at the start of Slave - completely hidden from me!

Britney spoke in her mock English accent again and I loved the way she pronounced Birmimgham - Burrrmeenghaam! Too cute! :)

i have to say that the crowd in my block were a bit subdued - not much cheering, dancing or applauding. On the train back everyone seemed to be raving about Pitbull more than Britney. I didn't see him but one woman was saying that Pitbull had everyone up dancing whilst Britney had everyone sitting down! The guy with her said he expected Britney to be dancing much more than she did and that he was disappointed with the show.

Anyway, I'm glad I went, just to see Britney again. Who knows when she's likely to tour the UK again!

4 minutes ago, Osprey1464 said:

I'm back at my Birmingham hotel after seeing Britney tonight. She had a lot of energy, she barely stood still for 5 seconds! The show was how I expected, really, not terrible but not amazing really. I guess it left me a bit cold and I think the main problem is the lip synching to old CD recordings. I thought that would not be so bad seeing the show live but it really stood out and lots of people were talking about it on the train back into Birmingham city centre. Pre-recorded vocals would really make such a difference.

Britney's dancing was very good in parts and messy in other parts. I think the choreography is the main problem there.

I was very disappointed with my seat and the view of the stage. Really my seat should have been classed as 'restricted view' and shouldn't have cost me £140. Because of the way the stage is set up, with the stairs props I only saw Britney about 50% of the time she was on stage! A lot of the time, from where I was sitting Britney was hidden behind those steps, until she came to the front of the stage. Like when she's swinging on the pole at the start of Slave - completely hidden from me!

Britney spoke in her mock English accent again and I loved the way she pronounced Birmimgham - Burrrmeenghaam! Too cute! :)

i have to say that the crowd in my block were a bit subdued - not much cheering, dancing or applauding. On the train back everyone seemed to be raving about Pitbull more than Britney. I didn't see him but one woman was saying that Pitbull had everyone up dancing whilst Britney had everyone sitting down! The guy with her said he expected Britney to be dancing much more than she did and that he was disappointed with the show.

Anyway, I'm glad I went, just to see Britney again. Who knowd when she's likely to tour the UK again!

To be honest I’m glad you made it despite your travel issues! :clap:

Oh, I forgot to mention. Poor Britney, some of the comments I heard as I walked with the crowd from the arena back to the train station, aside from lots of the expected comments about her miming the whole show:

A young boy being carried on his dad's shoulders:

Dad: "So what did you think, Ben?"

Ben: "She sounded squeaky, like a mouse!"

Another family with a young daughter: 'Mum, how old is Britney? I think she looks really old"

Mum: I'm not sure, darling, somewhere in her mid 30's, I think"

Daughter: "30's? I thought she was about 60!"

One guy to his group of friends: "Was Britney drunk? She was all over the place!"

Poor Britney, i don't think she looked drunk at all, or 60! A bit squeaky on some songs though, lol.

Oh and a couple of men were talking about Britney's ***, saying it's a work of art and they want to take a bite out of it, lol. :)

23 minutes ago, Osprey1464 said:

Anyway, I'm glad I went, just to see Britney again. Who knows when she's likely to tour the UK again!

I just came back from the show and I agree with you! She really had a lot of energy and I enjoyed the show because of that. Her energy actually even surprised me .However, there were issues such as the obvious lipsyncing, lack of interaction with the crowd.. (which I was aware of and didn’t expect anything).

I also had a restricted view, I was in the block 2.. also the screen didn’t work half of the time... 

Which block were you in?

I have to agree about the audience, it appeared they were more entertained by Pitbull than Britney (he was good btw)... I was dancing and cheering the most among all the people around me.. there were a lot of people who were sitting with a blank look on their face.. they also didn’t even bother to clap.. 

17 minutes ago, Osprey1464 said:

Oh, I forgot to mention. Poor Britney, some of the comments I heard as I walked with the crowd from the arena back to the train station, aside from lots of the expected comments about her miming the whole show:

A young boy being carried on his dad's shoulders:

Dad: "So what did you think, Ben?"

Ben: "She sounded squeaky, like a mouse!"

Another family with a young daughter: 'Mum, how old is Britney? I think she looks really old"

Mum: I'm not sure, darling, somewhere in her mid 30's, I think"

Daughter: "30's? I thought she was about 60!"

One guy to his group of friends: "Was Britney drunk? She was all over the place!"

Poor Britney, i don't think she looked drunk at all, or 60! A bit squeaky on some songs though, lol.

Oh and a couple of men were talking about Britney's ***, saying it's a work of art and they want to take a bite out of it, lol. :)

Yeah, my husband ( he is not a fan, has a neutral opinion) was also very surprised when she started ‘screaming in a high pitched voice’... Obviously that happened when she was talking cause her mic is off during the songs. Well, at least she was energetic...

just got back from the show and I had a great time! I was in block A and everyone was having a great time! She looked f**king gorgeous and the show was great! However its clearly an old show and certain bits have lost its impact and she clearly needs smthg new. Im so happy i got to see it and cant wait for whats to come. She looks the best she has looked in such a long time, and she seems.so happy and comfortable on stage. Im so happy for her! Nostalgic that piece of me.is coming to and end! 

Archived