POM Birmingham

Slayer

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going. I'll probably get to the venue quite late as I have no desire to see Pitbull. Nothing against the man himself but I can't stand his music!

I'm glad I have a much better seat for this show. For FFT I was quite a way back. I'm travelling up from the 'wastelands' of the South Wales Valleys for the gig. Bus into Newport, then coach to Bristol and then another coach to Birmingham. Then train to Birmingham International. A lot of travelling but hopefully will be worth it! :)

I'm sure this isn't the case for this tour but just checking - do you have to show ID along with the ticket when you enter the arena, as proof you bought the ticket through "legitimate" means? It's just that I have to bring photo ID when I go to See Arctic Monkeys at the O2 in London in a couple of weeks but I think that is probably because the ticket purchasers have their names printed on the tickets, as part of an anti-touting scheme. None of their tickets were allowed to be resold on any resale sites like Viagogo, GetMeIn, etc, and could only officially sold at face value on Twickets. I guess that doesn't apply for Britney's tour though, does it? Just want to check incase I should bring my passport along as ID or something. I think more acts should do like Arctic Monkeys are doing to combat the touting/scalping problem. They don't want fans to get ripped off, by touts buying up half the tickets for a show and selling them on resale sites for 6 times the price, etc!

Sometimes though I think the touts are the official ticket agencies themselves (and the artists' tour agents) who specifically never make a lot of the tickets available on the proper ticket sites but hold them back especially to sell on the retail sites at inflated prices so that they can make more money! There have been tv documentaries about such practices. Viagogo is the worst culprit in all this! It's been claimed many times that Ticketmaster themselves put a lot of their tickets directly onto their sister site Get Me In at highly inflated prices and they and the artists/agents get these huge profits themselves! Nothing would surprise me! Anyway, well done Arctic Monkeys, Garbage, Ed Sheeran and other artist for doing what they can to stop the touts and make sure that genuine fans get tickets are regularly prices!

I'm all set for Britney tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to the show now. I don't have high expectations, I know it's not Onyx Hotel or DWAD, I'm just looking forward to seeing her and having a fun night!! Hope the atmosphere in the arena is good! :)

12 hours ago, Osprey1464 said:

I'm sure this isn't the case for this tour but just checking - do you have to show ID along with the ticket when you enter the arena, as proof you bought the ticket through "legitimate" means? It's just that I have to bring photo ID when I go to See Arctic Monkeys at the O2 in London in a couple of weeks but I think that is probably because the ticket purchasers have their names printed on the tickets, as part of an anti-touting scheme. None of their tickets were allowed to be resold on any resale sites like Viagogo, GetMeIn, etc, and could only officially sold at face value on Twickets. I guess that doesn't apply for Britney's tour though, does it? Just want to check incase I should bring my passport along as ID or something. I think more acts should do like Arctic Monkeys are doing to combat the touting/scalping problem. They don't want fans to get ripped off, by touts buying up half the tickets for a show and selling them on resale sites for 6 times the price, etc!

Sometimes though I think the touts are the official ticket agencies themselves (and the artists' tour agents) who specifically never make a lot of the tickets available on the proper ticket sites but hold them back especially to sell on the retail sites at inflated prices so that they can make more money! There have been tv documentaries about such practices. Viagogo is the worst culprit in all this! It's been claimed many times that Ticketmaster themselves put a lot of their tickets directly onto their sister site Get Me In at highly inflated prices and they and the artists/agents get these huge profits themselves! Nothing would surprise me! Anyway, well done Arctic Monkeys, Garbage, Ed Sheeran and other artist for doing what they can to stop the touts and make sure that genuine fans get tickets are regularly prices!

I'm all set for Britney tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to the show now. I don't have high expectations, I know it's not Onyx Hotel or DWAD, I'm just looking forward to seeing her and having a fun night!! Hope the atmosphere in the arena is good! :)

hey :)

i'd bring ID just incase, so that way you're covered!

have an amazing time, let me know how you found it!  i'm so excited for tonight!

4 minutes ago, Jamiea1112 said:

Have the best night. 

And it’s hard to do... but try go in with low expectations... and she’ll hoepfully excel and you’ll have a ball!! :airpls::clap:

thank you <3

i met her in vegas and know what to expect (she was so nice) but i'm not expecting much tonight just incase!

i know the show will be amazing! :pumped:

8 minutes ago, ThaRingleader said:

Just go in there and give her a big smile. She clearly gets nervous meeting new people, so just try and be nice and calm and put her at ease. It will be amazing. Have a great time!

thank you :kiss:

yeah i'm not going to be over the top, i'm going to be very chill/smiley! i don't want to make her uncomfortable!

so excited!

1 hour ago, abbiesbanned. said:

i'm so excited (if you're going to hate, please don't comment)

an honest review will come tomorrow!

hope everyone has a great time tonight!:bparty:

Please touch her or ask her to be the freakshow guy and record her reaction ;)

Archived