About that VMAs Kiss in 2003...

BritneysBitch82

Someone mentioned that the Britney-Madonna Kiss was one of the worst things she did in her career.

I should not have even responded to such heresy, but i did and its all irrelevant cause the gospel truth is that the performance is a piece of art that belongs in a f**king pop culture museum or something of the sort. The performance is so much more than two women kissing. Its a meeting of two generations. Its the Queen of Pop knighting the Princess. Its a middle finger solute to those against marriage equality. Its sensationalism and, in classic Madonna fashion, also commentary there of.

And it got me thinking about reading once that Madonna had initially asked Pink and Gwen Stefani to be the brides. This led me to think up alternative versions of the performance.
Imagine if Madonna was still The Groom, Britney and Christina were still The Brides, Missy was still The Best Man but we added a Priest in the form of the King of Pop himself Michael Jackson. How epic would that be?

It also got me thinking about a gender swap of sorts. What if Michael was the opening act and he invited Chris Brown and Usher or JT or some other celebrated young male singers. And they kissed... How would the world have responded then?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WilderWein said:

Badly. Unfortunately girl on girl action is more accepted than boy on boy (hypocritical, I know), so I doubt that would have gone well and straight men wouldn’t do it anyway. Girls often experiment and then don’t have to worry about a lot of homophobic stuff.

Yep, it would have been worse than the time JT exposed Janets nipple. 

I love that performance is true that the consequences were hard especially for her.But it was pure show ,for me iconic day .It was an authentic claim of equal marriage  in front of thousands of people .Many things were said, first they were as you said (Gwen and Pink)then it was said that Britney would always have been from the beginning and that they were doing a test between(Gwen,Pink ,Jlo)and finally the position in the performance was for Christina.

6 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

it should be remember as the moment Madonna sucked out all of Brinty's life force.. :airpls: that's why Brinty has been so dead inside all this time, she's just a shell, just a carcass of what she used to be and we have Madonna to thank for that.. :badthoughts:

Lol im actually working on a something where the pop princesses are disney princesses ie.. Britney sleeping beauty, ariana ariel. And the pop queens are villians. Ie madonna maleficent and mariah ursula 

• 1 year later...

Archived