I'm Not Crying Are You Crying? Britney Bursts Into Tears At Final 'Piece Of Me' Show

Britneyfanuk89

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, billyjb26 said:

My main theory is that she wears such dark eye makeup to cover her visible eyelid surgery scars from 2013. I remember seeing screenshots of an interview in 2014 where you can clearly see the scar lines on her eyelids...

My second theory is that she is trying to cover the fact that she lost fat above her eyes and they look significantly older. I'm not sure how wearing such dark eye makeup improves that look, but...

:whatitellu:

The problem is not dark eye makeup.. the problem is SHITTY AND CHEAP dark eye makeup..

I don't get why her female dancer's makeup remain intact and cool during the whole show and hers looks a hot mess..

Here she wears dark eye make up and looks HOT AS ****:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3owyoZZFLtucampPR6/giphy.gif

Hi all! 

I'm Stephen. I joined the forum as a member rather than a guest to post my story after a few requests seeing as nobody has for the final night in Blackpool yet. Hope you're all doing well! To begin, I'm a 22 year old from Northern Ireland who's been a Britney fan basically since forever.. after all, there hasn't really been a time in my life that Britney wasn't worldwide known and so as I grew and she grew, the love for her grew too! I started my touring of Britney in Dublin in 2009 with Circus, and then in 2011 with the FFT in Belfast. I then seen the Piece Of Me show while it visited Dublin in August, and was lucky enough to purchase a Meet & Greet ticket for Blackpool on the final night, so flew over from Belfast to Manchester (then train to Blackpool) for the weekend with 3 of my friends. Please keep in mind before I start my meet and greet experience that I am a huge fan, and with the ups and downs I post, it was only regarding MY experience and it DOES NOT affect my viewings on her as an artist, performer, and human, and it should not affect you either. I read many stories, and went with no expectations. I left satisfied and happy to meet someone who brings a lot of happiness to me. I just feel a few people would enjoy hearing about the story - especially being the final night and a little bit of a different venue than usual. (ps. Im doing detail, so it may be long. Thanks for reading! Skip to Paragraph 3 for ONLY meet and greet)

CHECK-IN AND TOUR: 

We were to meet at the VIP Nation tent at 3.30pm as Blackpool Tower Festival Headland gates opened at 5pm (rather than most arena's 6.30pm opening). When queuing, I finally approached the check-in, gave my name, and it wasn't found... along with almost every other ultimate upgrader. So me, and many others, were asked to stand to the side due to the technical glitch. Around 4pm came, and we were apologised to and given our gift bags (Im not sure if they ever even found our names, I feel someone could've just joined this little group and been given a meet and greet package without anyone even noticing). I was taken in the first group to do the backstage tour. Being an outdoor show in the CENTRE of Blackpool Beach/Promenade, we had to walk through the town around the general public getting on with their day. I finally got up to the queuing area, and given access with the rest of the tour past all the general admission that were queuing already. I was then stopped by one of the event staff letting me in, as I only had one wristband while everyone else had two. I had a purple ultimate upgrade wristband, while everyone else had that (or a red backstage tour band) and also a pink paper band for Gold Circle Access. This was different than the arenas (or that I experienced before) as the show had Gold Circle tickets that meant you were at front of stage/walkway, with general admission being behind a barrier further back from the walkway. I explained when purchasing my NORMAL ticket, I had only purchased general admission and not golden circle so thats probably why, and they said ok and let me line up. While lining up, people in the tour group said they had also just bought general admission but given a golden circle wristband as part of the package... yikes! So I had to RUN THROUGH BLACKPOOL and go back to the tent for my wristband (they apologised they didn't put one on my arm..) and then run through crowds again just getting on with touristy stuff on the promenade back into the queue. Thankfully, the group hadn't went in yet to start the tour. Finally, we got through the big metal walls and lined up to the side. It was interesting seeing the stage as an outdoor venue, with the beach on one side, and the Blackpool Tower on the other (it was really a nice sight!). We were taken on our backstage tour, walked on the stage, down the runway, and taken to see some costumes. It lasted around 15 minutes altogether. Backstage was interesting as it was a long, narrow-type outdoor strip of portakabins and white tents. We also seen 2 of Britney's female dance captains drive by in a golf-cart with a big pink cake! (Maybe for Britney for the final night?) 

It came to around 4.45pm and we finished the tour and told that was us in now and could not leave, and to find a spot for the show. Being in golden circle section meant we had our own bar, and basically guaranteed a good spot for the show with not huge crowds pushing against you. Unfortunately for me, my 3 friends were general admission and so I gave up my position to have golden circle and met them in GA and enjoyed the show from further back, but I didn't mind, I'd rather that and enjoy it with friends.  So: the meet and greet. We were told to meet back at 7.50pm at a side gate within the golden circle section. It didn't really make sense to a few of us being told at 4.45pm to go grab a good spot to enjoy the show, since you have to leave at 7.50pm just before the show anyway and lose your spot, it just didn't make sense, but it is what it is and I understand why too. Pitbull came on stage at 7pm (much earlier than said) and he was great! I left general admission and made my way into golden circle at 7.30pm so I would be there in good time and I waited around and watched the end of Pitbull. All of Britney's dancers were at the side dancing and partying enjoying the last opening act of the tour. 

MEET AND GREET:

We were then greeted by our tour guide around 8.05pm and taken through the gate and made to line up at the side (this was at the side of the stage/still in view of all the people in golden circle). Around 8.10/15 we were then told to follow him and we were taken to the backstage area behind the stage. At this point, there were a few blacked out fancy cars and men in suits standing around, and I knew she was close. An event staff member (from Blackpool) screamed at everyone to go back, and then another said 'no, we are taking the ultimate upgrade people round' and in which the other then shouted again 'no youre not. take them back now'. At this point, the tour guide came up and explained we were going. It really was quite a mess and the local venue staff really didn't seem to know anything about this upgrade packages (I feel they weren't really told). Anyway, we went on further back and were told to line up against the tour buses. The tour buses were lined up all very close to one another, almost making a wall.. and I feel this was to keep Britney's area very secluded from everywhere else. At this point, we were lined up between a tour bus and a portakabin/some white tents (that said Britney was on at 8.45pm: this was now 8.20pm). We were then met by 2 American men rather than English, which made is a bit more clear to be Britney's team. They explained the typical situation: you will go in, get a photo, and then go enjoy the show - please no touching, no hugging, it makes her nervous/uncomfortable. Someone asked could you shake her hand and they explained you should ask her before you do anything. 

We then moved from tour bus and lined up against the wall of the portakabin in front of us. Now facing the back of the stage, right in front of us was a cabin with a black tent attached to it. I could see a big circular light through the black tent and knew she was right in front of us. I was third in line after 2 girls. I was a little nervous and realising I was the first boy to meet her made me wonder even more. Beforehand, the group had all been talking about the European dates being a little bit of a mess (and the black coat...) and how she seemed to be in a bad mood a lot. We all agreed it was the last night and she'd probably be excited/hopefully pretty happy. A little breeze went by and I seen the tent flap lift and there she was.. well, there the black coat was. Some people were like 'oh no' but.. it is what it is! I also seen some hair so knew she had her hair down, which I liked! The first girl went and a man shouted 'now be nice and dont ruin it for us!' jokingly, and she was in and out within a matter of seconds. I knew this was the case. I didn't expect any more, I just hoped it was a nice encounter. It was then my turn to go. Strangely, I went in with chewing gum packet, my phone, and my cards in my jean pockets and nobody ever checked/told me to remove anything. I went up the side of two portakabins and greeted by a man who reminded me no touching. Then, the girl in front of me came out and I was greeted by an American woman holding the tent curtain open and said 'Hi sweetie, come on in' (super thankful for her, she was lovely and welcoming).

Now here comes the part which started it all. Negatively.  I don't know about every other venue, and in which where you enter, but we entered from the left of Britney, and Britney always stands on the left (if your'e facing the camera) and so that meant we had to walk in, walk around her to her other side, and get the photo. I assume(?) in most places you walk straight in from the right of her, in to position and then leave, it wasn't the case here. And i'm sure you're all aware of the European dates pose.. black coat, hand on hip situation. Well. This is where it bothered me. The curtain opened. She was already in photo position, hand on hip... with her BACK TO ME. Her back was to me, already in posing position to get the photo. I walked in, began my walk around her, looked her in the eye while walking to the other side of her and said "Hi Britney, Im Stephen". I knew from the beginning I'd want to greet her with my name straight away to be more comfortable. I don't even remember if she said anything to me. I got the photo taken (I cant even remember what I was doing) and then that was it. I had to walk round her again and while in front of her I said "It was nice to meet you" and I swear.... she didnt speak and made a half smile. A forced half smile. Like I offended her, or hurt her by being there. I didn't even have time to process anything. I knew how it was going to be so wasn't mad, but was a little shook by the situation. 

When I came out, we were made to line up against the tour bus while others waiting to meet her lined up against the cabin facing us. I spoke to others who said she looked so sad, and one said she thought she seemed as if she had been crying. I was so confused, but again, expected it and just went along with grateful for opportunity. Time went by, more photos, and then a little pause. The next thing, the man came out and said 'Can I have everyones attention please'. This is where it got strange again.

He said "Everyone except the first two girls.... so everyone from this boy here in the green shirt (me) onwards please reline up for another photo". I couldn't believe it. Everyone was muttering and talking about what was going on. 28/30 of us remeeting Britney for a second time. Why? Was she really crying and realised the photos showed it? Did she realise she was actually really rude and wanted to start again? Did the photos come out blurry? But why didnt the first two? Who knows!! We relined up and I was in the middle of the group. I didn't care where I was positioned this time in the line. I kept thinking 'this is a second chance and hopefully its more relaxed'. My turn AGAIN. The guy says 'Round 2' and laughs. The curtain opens, and the lady says "Ahh, green shirt is back!!" so I went in and was like "Yeaaa green shirts back!" this time: Britney wasnt standing with her back to me, nor in position. She was standing facing forward with her head towards the curtain, when I said that, she smiled/kind of laughed and Im so grateful for that lady making it a little bit of a joke and way more relaxed, it prompted me to make it relaxed too, and thus, Britney relaxed.  We got the photo, and this time with my arm behind her back, and this time I just said "Good luck for your final night and enjoy it all!" and she smiled and said "enjoy!" and that was it. Again. It seems nothing, but after the first experience 5 minutes prior, I was so happy it was better. I relined up against the tour bus, and everyone seemed to agree that it was not as bad that time round. I really don't know what was going on. I really do think something happened and she was upset before she arrived. I also honestly think thats what had her cry up on stage, not this whole 'aww shes so sad its ending'. I think something was on her mind, when that happened on stage everyone was looking around so confused. Also, whats up Birmingham!! I mean... black....poool?! She wasn't really present. I almost think it was from embarrassment. I do have to say, however, that I feel she had loads of facial expressions/smiley and dancing was great! 

THE END.

While I state some negatives in meeting her, I have to end on saying I loved every minute. My weekend in Blackpool was so fun, the show was amazing as per usual, the crowd (20,000 I heard?) loved her! The backstage tour was interesting and standing beside Britney was amazing regardless of the experience around it. I just hope she's happy and gets a well deserved break with her kids. Shes progressed so far throughout 5 years of Piece Of Me, however, the meet and greets have done the opposite. The pictures from vegas and even the American leg of the show are by far, much, much better than what Europe received and I'm not entirely sure why! All I can hope now is that my picture looked OK. As long as I have a photo to remember it by, I'll be happy! (I'll post the photo when its available: it still isn't uploaded onto the site). 

Thanks for reading! It was SUPER long.. I hope you guys didn't mind. I used to love meet and greet stories and the more in depth the more I enjoyed so I hope you all did too. 

- Stephen :)

2 minutes ago, PieceOfT said:

Thanks for sharing.  Don't take it personal, but it is still rude regardless.  I don't think she intends to come off that way, but her anxiety must be off the charts (she is in the wrong business).  

Let us know when you get your photo

Oh don't worry, after following up on all the stories I didnt take it personal at all. I feel really bad for her that she's having to do them (I know, I bought a ticket but still). Shes so anxious and nervous, It must be so uncomfortable for her. Just think it needs thought through more for sure.

30 minutes ago, stephenn said:

Thanks for reading! It was SUPER long.. I hope you guys didn't mind. I used to love meet and greet stories and the more in depth the more I enjoyed so I hope you all did too. 

- Stephen :)

tbh I was skipping huge chunks, cuz U are such a epic writer :NYcackle: thx anyway :coffee:

This all reminds me of her episode of Carpool Karaoke...

It's as if her Team doesn't tell her what she's signing up for before they go ahead and book her. And then they have to deal with her afterward when she realizes she doesn't want to do what she's already committed to.

The thing is...she's not even the person signing the contracts for this. It's her conservators signing on her behalf.

3 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

im sorry your experience was negative but how many stories/pics do people need to read/see to realize that her M&Gs are a complete joke and waste of money? lol i mean come on it's like people being surprised at this point that she lips

Oh its fine, I knew what it was going to be like. And in the end I was happy with it! I did it for the photo, not to make a friend for life. Just know some people like reading the story. 

2 minutes ago, falka said:

tbh I was skipping huge chunks, cuz U are such a epic writer :NYcackle: thx anyway :coffee:

Lmao :overitkbye:

47 minutes ago, stephenn said:

I spoke to others who said she looked so sad, and one said she thought she seemed as if she had been crying

47 minutes ago, stephenn said:

Was she really crying and realised the photos showed it?

48 minutes ago, stephenn said:

I really do think something happened and she was upset before she arrived. I also honestly think thats what had her cry up on stage, not this whole 'aww shes so sad its ending'. I think something was on her mind, when that happened on stage everyone was looking around so confused. Also, whats up Birmingham!! I mean... black....poool?! She wasn't really present. I almost think it was from embarrassment.

I can't wait for the conspiracy theories :wow:

10 minutes ago, falka said:

Oh, so U also know how to be short and sweet :wow:

organization of m&g, or whatever they call it, was atrocious in few places :mj:

Its either one word or one essay apparently :quirkney: and you're right! Organisation was a little messy, but it was still a great time. I noticed the Birmingham photos were just released and she's doing a funny pose in them, so maybe just an off-night all round in bpool. Hopefully we get photos soon!

1 hour ago, PieceOfT said:

Thanks for sharing.  Don't take it personal, but it is still rude regardless.  I don't think she intends to come off that way, but her anxiety must be off the charts (she is in the wrong business).  

Let us know when you get your photo

Yeah she has admitted in the I Am Britney Jean documentary that she is not cut out for this business. So it's really no surprise she acts this way. It's rather sad that she's forced to do something when she doesn't want to and doesn't really have a voice. 

1 hour ago, stephenn said:

I really don't know what was going on. I really do think something happened and she was upset before she arrived. I also honestly think thats what had her cry up on stage, not this whole 'aww shes so sad its ending'. I think something was on her mind, when that happened on stage everyone was looking around so confused. Also, whats up Birmingham!! I mean... black....poool?! She wasn't really present. I almost think it was from embarrassment. I do have to say, however, that I feel she had loads of facial expressions/smiley and dancing was great! 

first of all, very nice reading your story! I've never had an M&G so I enjoy reading these posts!!! :makeitrain:

regarding the reason of her crying on stage I also thought it was smth else rather than the obvious "last tour night". She had her normal/scripted voice before messing up the name and I think some people can really cry of embarrassment, especially if anxious because it'a s form of release. I don't want to speculate more because I'm not in her head but she left the same impression to me...

Like I said before, she felt like a zoo animal.

standing with the pose ready means she wants zero interactions, she wants the pictures done as quickly as possible. 

She is an exhibit for u to take a pic with.

i bet she loathes M&G and does not want to be there. 

If she really doesnt want this, but she has to, I feel really bad for her :wontcry:

Tbh, i would act like this too then.

"Be wary of others
The ones closest to you
The poison they feed you
And the voodoo that they do
But in rebellion there's a sparkle of truth
Don't just stand there
Do what you got to do"

We need to free her sistrens. Shes giving us hints since 2007. Someone needs to kidnap her at the next M&G:demi:

Archived